Ketan Mehta Talks about Time Bomb.

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

"This show is a gamut of emotions"

A strong man, with a strong will. He has made films that boldly projected the social biases in rural India. His films are known to have hit the audience hard. One of the few Indian filmmakers whose work has been acclaimed internationally, Ketan Mehta talks about Time Bomb, his next venture on television to Sapana Patil.

Ketan Mehta makes the biggest serial ever on telly

You are associated with films that deal with social and political issues. What tempted you to direct an action thriller?
I had made Pradhan Mantri for Zee TV three years ago. Time Bomb is an extension of that serial. It is not just an action thriller, it has a political backdrop with conspiracy to assasinate the Prime Minister and threats to global peace. Kay Kay played the Prime Minister in that show, so in Time Bomb too we cast him as the Prime Minister.

Did the channel have a say in finalising the cast?
No. Zee TV has given me the freedom to choose the cast.

So how does Rajeev Khandelwal, known for soft mushy roles fit into the garb of an undercover intelligence officer?
I wanted an action hero with a heart. Apart from that, I have full faith in the cast. They are good performers and give me hundred per cent.

Ketan Mehta with Deepa Sahi and the cast of 'Time Bomb'

You have shot in four different countries. How much did you invest in the serial?
(laughs) I have been told not to disclose the amount spent. But yes, it is a very big budget serial, probably the biggest on Indian television ever. Also, this is Zee's biggest serial.

Who has worked on the special effects and what kind of special effects have you used?
Maya Movies has worked on the special effects. In some cases, we have shot real explosions conducted at Film City. Clippings of the World Trade Center being demolished are original.

What different shooting techniques have you implemented?
We have used techniques to show simultaneity of events and multiplicity of happenings. We have used special techniques to show the feel and the pace of the time bomb ticking away to death.

What feeling do you want the viewers to experience when they watch this serial?
This show is a gamut of emotions. There is love, romance, passion, thrill, patriotism and deceit on this show. I expect the audience to be left with a bag of mixed feelings.

Courtesy:- Telly Chakkar : Indiantelevision.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greatmaratha thumbnail
Big Budget show on Zee.... to compete with Ekta and show Star the way serials ought to be made👏
hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wow..i already love the show...its so huge all big names....big budget..everything is so large....i guess ekta can learn something from this...she's has now some real competetion...😛
sweetrani_neha thumbnail

This show is a gamut of emotions. There is love, romance, passion, thrill, patriotism and deceit on this show.

sounds exciting..thanks for the interview😊

Rajeev for me thumbnail
thanks for the article sujalfan😆
smart__pisces4u thumbnail
ThX 4 Da INfO bHaSkAr😊
natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for posting...