Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: KudiAnjani

its not abt dress code but abt nationality!
Cafe are not private places and one foreigner rudely told me that indians are not welcome. This is very sad for any indian.

Cafes are privately owned public places and they are allowed to decide who they want to serve. 
Emptyheart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Arre there are many restaurants/hotels in India where Indians are not allowed ... That's d rule there
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: colossial2015

Can you name the five stars which did not allow people to enter as per the clothes. As a hotelier the only things we see is that the guest should be able to pay for services, he/she is not extremely intoxicated and the person is not carrying firearms, drugs and alcohol with themselves.

. That is exactly what is expected from hotel staffs but rude and bad people are found everywhere. They just decide that u can't based on your appearances and rudely let u know this is not the kind of place for u . Same behaviour happens in shopping malls too . They indirectly let u know that u r not welcome. Its bad staff and not really a policy. But I believe this cafe has a policy of serving foreigners only. It was in some articles I read few months back. Apparently its allowed so whatever. 

It was hotel Sojourn... 

And Kasol is also not the only place to do so. Take a look 

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/indians-are-banned-in-india/
Edited by ~*sindhu*~ - 8 years ago
VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Disgusting! I hate such ppl... Which ever country it maybe... You just don't shut the door on them! Assholes! 
Ek toh humare desh mein rahe te hai aur hum se aise harkatein? 
I wish such ppl are shown the door!
colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: VintageWine

Disgusting! I hate such ppl... Which ever country it maybe... You just don't shut the door on them! Assholes! 

Ek toh humare desh mein rahe te hai aur hum se aise harkatein? 
I wish such ppl are shown the door!

There were reports about some Goan Shacks practising such behaviour of excluding Indian customers and favouring Russian drug addicts. Such practices are also there in many places in India like in Pondicherry and Chennai.

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/indians-are-banned-in-india/

Indians Are Banned At These 5 Places In India!

Recently we ran a story of an Israeli cafe in Kasol that does not allow Indians. We did a little digging and we found that this isn't the only place in the country with this restricted entry!

It seems hard to believe, especially on the week after we celebrated our Independence Day, but yes, this is true. We understand that hotels and organizations reserve the right to admission, but here are a few instances when people took it to a whole other level.

1. Uno-In Hotel, Bangalore was a hotel set up exclusively for Japanese people

The Uno-In Hotel was set up in Bangalore in 2012 in association with the Nippon Infrastructure company to cater to the needs of the growing corporate Japanese population in the city. But it shot to fame in early 2014 after a number of incidents where the hotel staff allegedly stopped Indians from entering the roof-top restaurant. The hotel was soon shut down by the Greater Bangalore City Corporation on charges of racial discrimination.

Source: BangaloreMirror

2. Free Kasol Cafe in Kasol refuses to serve Indians

For an area that is well-known for its laid back attitude and for being a chill-out zone for Indians and foreigners alike, a cafe that discriminates against people based on their passport seems like something of an aberration .

Source: Facebook

3. "Foreigners Only" beaches in Goa

A number of beach shack owners in Goa openly discriminate against Indian beach-goers. They justify it by saying they're "saving beachwear-clad foreign guests from lusty gazes", presumably because only Indians are capable of "lusty gazes".

Source: DeccanChronicle

4. A certain lodge in Chennai (name withheld)

We came across this story on the Deccan Herald . Although the hotel has been given the pseudonym of Highlands, we believe it may refer to the Broadlands Lodge in Triplicane. A former Nawab's residence, the hotel only serves customers who possess a foreign passport.

Source: AwardsDaily

5. Pondicherry's "Foreigners Only" beaches

After Goa, Pondicherry is probably one of the most famous coastal getaways in India. The pristine beaches surrounded by the beautiful French and and Indian architecture make it a preferred location for both Indians and foreigners. But just like in Goa some beaches have been demarcated exclusively for "Foreign Nationals " .

ani_gr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
WOw.. this is news to me and also shocking, as an Indian, why cannot we go wherever we want to ? it is not that they don't pay for the services or anything... and they encourage only foreigners ?? like really?
Supari_khala thumbnail
Woah. Discrimination against Indians in India. This wouldn't fly here if something like this happened. 
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
These places should be shut down.  
Moderator thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Unrelated to BW

For further concerns, please feel free to approach any member of the Development Team of this forum!

Regards,
I-F Development Team Edited by .Mandy. - 8 years ago