TOI:Is Mita Vashisht out of Kaala Teeka?

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
A new antagonist has been introduced without keeping Mita in the loop, much to her disappointment. Health woes forced seasoned actress Mita Vashisht out of action for a week. And now, she is shocked that the makers of her show 'Kaala Teeka' have already introduced a new antagonist (played by Mona Ambegaonkar) in her place.
 "They didn't communicate to me about the new entry. They could have informed me about the way they were approaching the track in my absence. It speaks of their unprofessionalism and class. The production house told me that they were giving me a break and haven't got back to me since then. It's like a college graduate walking into a kindergarten expecting professionalism," she fumes.

About her health issues, Mita says, "I was relentlessly shooting for this show for 50 days despite being eligible for eight days leave in a month, according to my contract. I shot even when I got flu in November. I again came down with viral in mid-December, and ended up dubbing for my portion later as I had lost my voice during that period." Producer Deeya Singh says, "We have been dealing with erratic hours and shooting dates due to Mita's health.

We didn't want to compromise her serious health issues as was communicated by her and add to her stress in spite of our deliveries and story getting affected. Since it's impossible to work without the main cast in a daily soap, we were left with no other option but to rope in another actress. We are lucky to have a good actress like Mona playing a strong character in the show." Will Mita be back on the show? Only time will tell. 

Neha Maheshwri, TNN
Edited by Sutapasima - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
DJ and professionalism is like an oxymoron.
RoseBeloved thumbnail
I was wondering who that lady was .. ðŸ˜†
RoseBeloved thumbnail
I hope she comes back into the show even though she was playing a negative role. (: Edited by RoseBeloved - 8 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail
Originally posted by: RoseBeloved

I hope she comes back into the show even though she was playing a negative role. (:

Yes even I hope the same