What confusion!-Muni Jha aka Anand

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
What confusion!

Muni Jha found fans during a train ride to Surat, but it turned out to be a case of mistaken identity. Here's what happened...

ROSHNI OLIVERA

It was a case of mistaken identity and actor Muni Jha still can't get over it. He recounts the incident: "It so happened that some time ago I took a train to Surat. As soon I boarded this AC compartment a senior Parsi couple there started chatting with me. They said they were very happy to see me. After sometime they said they loved my Saraansh. I corrected them saying it wasn't Saraansh but Shagun, a serial that I'd earlier done. They just smiled and some time later said I was very good in Kaash. Again I thought they were getting jumbled up with names and told them it's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. They didn't say anything. Then the topic went on to my brother and they asked why he wasn't seen on screen much. I said he is busy with theatre (Muni's brother Hemant is a theatre actor). Finally, they said your wife is a very good actor too. I was happy to know they knew my wife Sejal, who's an actor. When it was time to get off they asked me for an autograph on the ticket. I willingly signed and they looked at me puzzled as to why I'd signed as Jha. One of them said, 'Oh! You sign as Jha, not Kher'. That's when I realised the entire confusion. They actually thought I was actor Anupam Kher!"
   So what was Muni's reaction to that? "I just laughed. I was happy to be confused with a fine actor like Anupam Kher. I then asked them if they still wanted to keep my autograph and they said 'Of course,'! In fact, after I told them about my serials they knew who I was. They said I looked very different on screen since I played older characters, and so the confusion."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nimmorocks thumbnail
wat an modesty !! thanks 4 sharing!! 😉
ubiquitious thumbnail
so sweet! great post yaar. atleast it keeps us out if the present nimmo depression. 😆
srk_kadz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
😆 😆 😆 that waz funny...
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
hahah cutee 😆 😆 ..thankss shruti dii for sharinggg 👏 👏