Mona's spooky tales

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Mona's spooky tales
   By: Tushar Joshi
   November 4, 2006

Mona Wasu

She's back on television after a short break. Mona Wasu (earlier seen in Miilee) will appear in a horror show, Shhh... Phir Koi Hai on Star One.

Earlier, the actress had decided to take a break from television, so what prompted her to return? "I don't want to do daily shows. I've had enough of them. I took up Shh... because it is a horror show, something I haven't attempted before. Also, there are a lot of outdoor shoots planned, which excited me," she says.

Scary account

Though not a fan of horror tales, the thought of being in a dark jungle excited Mona. Did she have any paranormal experience during the shoot? "Yes, there was this scene where a headless soldier is supposed to chase me on a horse. During that shot, there was no one around except for the actor, the cameraman and me. In fact, there was a long stretch where I had to run alone. It was one of the scariest moments in my life."

Even before she started shooting for the show, Mona was spooked at a friend's place when she was reading the script for the episode. "They had mailed me the script and I was sitting alone and reading it. A chill ran down my spine while I was reading it. It was really spooky."

Post Miilee, Mona has indulged in several passions. "Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do next. Would it be a movie or a television show? But no one asks me how I spent the past few months of my life."

Charmed by Ladakh

The actress reveals taking a vacation to Ladakh with friends. "I was supposed to be there for 10 days, but I fell in love with the place so much that I that I extended my stay for a month." Mona was part of an acting course of National School of Drama (NSD) in Ladhak. "Imagine being in such a beautiful place and taking acting lessons. It was just breathtakingly amazing. I fell in love with Ladakh's culture. Given a chance, I would love to go back there soon."

In the coming months, Mona intends to take ballet lessons. "This dance form has always fascinated me. Finally, I have the time to pursue it seriously."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/november/146057.htm