Bigg Boss... Rupali Ganguly"

angelic eyes thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
"I am very scared of the Bigg Boss... Rupali Ganguly"

The wait for the baap of all reality shows, The Bigg Boss is soon to end with the show going on air today. Though it's speculated that many big names were approached to participate in this show, only a select few braved enough to give up their cozy lifestyle to be trapped in a mansion with strangers! Imagine being constantly spied by cameras, being shunned by all sorts of entertainment and eventually throwing your life open in front of the telly viewer!

One such sporting contestant of this hungama packed reality show is Rupali Ganguly aka Monisha of Sarabhai VS Sarabhai fame. This vivacious and loquacious actor took up this show as a challenge, as she puts it in her own words, "The concept sounded very strange initially, so I refused it point black. But later I thought of not missing out on such an opportunity!"

Here's a candid and exclusive chat with a rather scared and apprehensive Rupali who is busy packing off to Karjat, where the contestants will be sheltered for three whole months!

"I know Ektaa on personal level as well as on a professional front"

The buzz goes that only losers have taken on Bigg Boss….What's your take?

I am very hurt by some news reports which have called me a loser. I have not taken up the show because I have nothing else to do, but because I want to do something different. In fact, not many know but I was also offered Zee's Sindoor Tere Naam Ka. The role was on the lines of Tabu in Viraasat. I am not sure if it was the lead role, but it was definitely a very promising character.

So you chose Bigg Boss over Sindoor?
Ya. I have these weird mood swings in life, you know. And there's nothing really exciting happening. Something which makes me get up in the morning, put on my makeup and make me commit myself for a 12 hour shift. So, one fine day I just decided that I wanted do this, so I can tell my grandchildren that I did something like this.

Ok, let's be honest. You must have been apprehensive initially?
Yes, of course. I got a call from the channel about three months ago. My first reaction was… are you crazy. Because the concept of being cut off from the world, with no communication whatsoever sounded a rather eerie. So, initially I said no to them. I don't have a boyfriend, so I wouldn't really be pining to speak to someone throughout the day. But, I am a totally family person. My dad doesn't keep too well, so I need to speak to him everyday. And then my mother and my dogs. I have seven of them.

Then what made you change your mind?
I don't have a boyfriend, so obviously its not that I would be pining to speak to someone throughout the day. But I am a totally family person and my dad doesn't keep too well. So, I need to speak to him everyday, my mother and my dogs. I have seven of them.

"I am not seeing Anita Hasnandani"

Which thought scares you the most right now?

I've never ever lived away from my family, or lived on my own, not even in a hostel. I am going to miss my own room, my parents, my pillows and my dogs.

How did you finally say yes?
I called up J D Majethia who means a lot to me and asked him for advice. To tell you frankly, I was a bit scared of revealing my true self to viewers. And what if it backfires.
on me in the future. But somehow, JD has assured me that he will give me work, no matter what. Also, I've never ever lived away from my family, or lived on my own, not even in a hostel. I am going to miss my own room, my parents, my pillows and my dogs

Even now you sound very scared and hesitant. Why so? Aren't you still convinced about the show?
You're right. I am still scared because we have been told nothing at all about the show. I I've never ever lived away from my family, or lived on my own, not even in a hostel. I am going to miss my own room, my parents, my pillows and my dogs. Also, we haven't been briefed in detail about the show. I just know that I am going to be with a few other participants in a room. Our reactions will be monitored, but then we don't get to know the audiences' reactions. No hairdresser, no make up. I am really sacred of being watched by the entire nation sans makeup. I think I'll look very bad

So how much money are you being paid for the show?
I cannot reveal the exact amount, but it's definitely something that I earn over a period of twelve months.

Will you evolve as a person because of Bigg Boss?

My mother feels I need to be disciplined as a person. I don't get up early in the mornings, don't exercise and just keep throwing things around in the house. My three month long stay in Karjat will hopefully help me evolve as a person.

"I believe in living life on my own terms"

Then what happened that you decided to change your mind?
I don't have a boyfriend, so obviously its not that I would be pining to speak to someone throughout the day. But I am a totally family person and my dad doesn't keep too well. So, I need to speak to him everyday, my mother and my dogs. I have seven of them.
I had requested the channel if I could make at least one call to my dad, they aid no. It seems they will pass on all the messages to us.

You mean to say, you don't know much about what's going to be happening there. But you are just going off to Karjat?
I have no clue who the other contestants are. I just know that we're going to be put up at Karjat, there's a gym and a swimming pool. But, of course, you will never see me in a swimsuit. The only saving cameras will not follow us in the bathroom.

So what happens to your role in Kahaani Ghar Ghar ki.. for three months?
In any case, I don't get too much footage on the show. There are 37 actors and at the end of it its Sakshi's story, with her family and husband. Also, there are a number of established actors and characters on the show. Though, I would say Balaji is one of the best production houses that one can work with. And, of course, Hats off is family for me.

So, why don't you ask Ekta for a role?
I I have never ever been a PR person, so I have never really gone around asking for roles from producers. And in any case, Ekta is too intelligent a person who can spot talent and characters. So, if she has a role, she will definitely offer me one.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anonmember thumbnail
She's the least controversial one. Appeared very diginified and sophisticated in tonight's episode.

Why does the caption under the 2nd pic say: '"I am not seeing Anita Hasnandani"' Its not mentioned anywhere in the article. Probably a typo (maybe a caption from an Eijaz Khan interview)..was it done on purpose? 🤔
Among all her and Ravi Kissen are least controversial.
sridevi009 thumbnail
hi friends,

I just wanted to know ..what is big boss all about(main
concept of big boss).

any one please......
Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing, she is sweet... 😊
usmani_girlzz thumbnail