Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
He pranked her knowing fully well he will never cheat, but being accused of cheating reminds him, he will never be able to get out of the scandal's shadow
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

He pranked her knowing fully well he will never cheat, but being accused of cheating reminds him, he will never be able to get out of the scandal's shadow

What I get from the tale he always was one women man
In earlier chapters he once said when asked bout M that he missed sex but he never had sex with his ex!!
He always was straight forward in that sense!!
When he proposed marriage he knew that's it
He wanted to live his life with her

But the scandals is one thing he can never come out of
It can never be assumed as it never happened!!
And that is the saddest part 🤢
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This was IT
That one playful step he inadvertently took to mess with his wife turned ugly

R&B knows he will NEVER cheat on her, so the prank was harmless with no motive😭
SHE doesn't
He has  come face to face with Ranjan's infidelity, and Ranjan's reflection looks like R&B😭

what baffles me is the way RB has processed II's reaction to the prank. he knows how she feels about his past flings.. he knows she is extremly insecure about this and yet he went on to play such a prank. Did he really think that this was about  the unfaithful gene and that II fear's he will be following his dads footsteps or was it about his own worries in this regard considering his sexual habits in the past. is he testing himself, trying to see whether he is capable of beign unfaithful... 
he can deliver pain and hurt, we have seen that, but what was his reasoning to do so? 

taramira thumbnail

This or the fact that his previous flings and the way she feels about his girlfriends, makes him feel special! 
Errantnomad thumbnail
Nisha, I agree it's not possible to be objective.
But given the circumstances of his grief, to an extent of his being ashamed to see his face asking himself for the last so many yrs, f he is capable of hurting like how his father did ,how did he even think of that kind of a prank and it's not like II and the dude have not had their silent wars on this same issue. Something he slipped out inadvertently earlier reg his affairs caused enough distress for them both .
And ok,if he's accusing himself of gone his Dad's way, then why not tell his wife in the first place that he botched? From the time she stopped out of the hospital appt, it's like she's in a trance. And now in one of the properties , bolts the door and shoots the Qtn .
My thing is he just hits her with a question like that like a Tornado and she is having to defend that from spiraling. No time for her to recover in this setting. And she wants to get bk to her meeting amidst all this.
The place and setting everything to his control .

And many a times on the same Scandal, he exercised the choice to stay silent earlier.
Edited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
taramira thumbnail
By the way i am watching Scandal on Netflix...pretty addictive I must say. 
charlie1950 thumbnail

Pranks don't hurt someone's inside like he did and knowingly.now
instead of saying sorry he put ll in a spot. Can ll have
some respite . isn't she hurting enough .
Why ask her a question like that instead of questioning ur self what u did dude was it right.in what sense was that a prank becoz I don't see anyone laughing or even smiling.u just hurtedd everyone who loves u with this stunt.
Edited by charlie1950 - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Act on impulse something they both need to be wary of. he had exercised great restraint when they were in Jaipur and they were both blamed and Mr iyer had assumed that the relationship was based on carnal motives alone. That is the brush with which society generalises. There can be exceptions and that we get to know with time. After 30 years of being everything to her family Savitha had seen Ranjan with just that one instances as it was reported...not delved deeper and the next she was gone...Sam has never been able to trust Tan or the dude 100% after the Le Meridian. She had openly painted all men with the brush of being unfaithful.
That in the dude's view is the unthinkable thing. He wanted to arouse her jealousy and hoped it would culminate in having his way with II. By not doing so...by walking away...by not questioning him...she had stayed aloof...to him it was disowning him by assuming his intent was to do the unthinkable.
A simple correction of a kid that needs by a person that cares is sometimes not tolerated by us...it is because we are fishes that swim in a fishbowl with problems. When we step out and move around we can watch the fish from all directions and all the turn it makes without our view getting coloured by the position.
We are privy to his thoughts when he goes to Patna and from his response to Rolex Raju...he holds his views,,,never speaks it out as they mean a damn ti him.
Ranjan's deep attachment to his work the blind affection with which he tolerates the crook of a brother...the way the starlet and her husband and his brothers stealthily operate...how he pays attention to every little detail connected to II...everything becomes insignificant in judging him based on the Beenu Kumar matter.
The way the law operates or media blares out or lashes out is nothing in comparison to your inner voice whispering...
To  the Dude his II understands him is what matters...he is unafraid of the brush with  which Appa paints him or Bala paints him...he is  however particular that his II sees him right...she is his he has heard from Sam how she would do anything for him...he has seen it and considers it his blessing to have her as his...None will tell II Raman is yours the way Amma did...the way  Sam does ...They do not acknowledge to each other what they mean as their actions speak out loud bold and clear proclaiming it...their inner turmoils hurts ...insecurities are theirs... he needs to lay the foundation for trust...which is what he realises is required and does it in his inimitable style...he might deny ...he might squirm being bracketed by the other Bhallas...but he has all that one admires in Ranjan and Savvy in him and more...
Sorry is a meaningless five letter ward if it is not followed through with never repeating what caused you to feel that way.
He has made her feel special...treated her like a queen...his apology is evident from the way he tries to give her the rest when he senses the need...
He has always been direct ...proposing...expressing his intent when required...he is deeply hurting at the awry turn of events and  does what he thinks is required...Thrill  excitement night skiing...his life is never the safe beaten comfort path but chating his course and leaving a mark

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I don't know what to say...
The two things crossed in my mind jealousy n cheating...

When Dude saw II with Abhi or Peach he was jealous and he never thought she was cheating on him..
It doesn't mean he is not insecure of loosing her... He is.. He only thinks Mr Iyer will brainwash her against him...

But II's insecurities are different, she thinks one day he will leave her just like his previous 15 to 16 relationships... She is not able to erase his past from her memory and it may erase with the time..Here the prank has turned ugly and she thinks he was cheating on her... It never crossed in his mind she will think this way before playing out the prank.. But it has backfired on him.. So he is questioning her just because of my past and my father's past do you think I will cheat on you? 

Whether anyone agree or not the son will always be compared with father... If father can cheat why not son? We know it is not genetical but do others have the same opinion?

Even though Chachu's sons cheat on their wives nobody can doubt on them because Chachu has not cheated(as of now Nisha said he is not) on his wife.. But the same case is not with Dude...

Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Putti when something goes wrong with our actions it is not our actions alone that are considered. It is considered in the backdrop of circumstances who was with us what our past is what our background is...family...education...occupation...our values and beliefs. We find he ruminating on how II was a class apart from anyone he has seen or known. He fears losing her...period. She is not merely the person. To him she is an embodiment of pure innocence...care...love...and she is his anchor. His hope. Her rejection of his money...her importance in his life are nothing in comparison to a sense that I don't mean anything to her. He accompanies or his Dad  when the dude is away accompanies her to the doc when he is in Delhi for her sake when she says she'd go to the doc on her own he must have realised the hurt. We read how people remember how we make them feel. He realises that maybe what Sam had ranted and expressed was also what his young wife feels. He has never bothered what Manny did though he deeply cares. Despite belonging to a class or society were morality was not sacrosanct we find Ranjan unable to accept manyas ways. He maybe is unable to chide his kids as the scandal looms. Take Sam voicing her fears what would happen were Nandu in future were to find about his Nana. It has deeply scarred all four of them and II is the salve sent from above.   He does what pleases his II be it wearing a veshti performing all rituals with attention as he is very very serious about the marriage. II is not so sure how long it would last. One reason to delay the baby was that she didn't want a child to face the mess of a separation.  Her problems are perceived by the Bhallas and Batras when she doesn't even speak about it. So I don't see any problem in addressing the issue directly. It is not about jealousy it is about defining territory now. They both have a right over each other which no one else has.  I loved it that Amma expressed it...She Is YOURS