RVeeRAO thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Choices, choices...Ranbir and Deepika weigh in on love, affairs, relationships, commitment, infidelity and one night stands

Melissa D'Costa D'Silva and Harshada Rege

Since their upcoming film Tamasha is all about love and relationships, we decided to quiz RK and DP on it. Friendship is finishing each other's sentences. That's the comfort level and camaraderie that Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone share and was evident when they dropped by for a tete-a-tete with the After Hrs team. Here's revisiting the witty repartee between the two stars.

You went on Bigg Boss, Ranbir didn't. Do you think it helps to promote films on TV shows?

Deepika: I don't think I understand promotions enough to say if TV helps or a publication helps or whatever. We all work really hard on whatever film we do and promotion is that last leg of being able to reach out to an audience and create that awareness about your film. So, I definitely believe that promotion for a film is important, but it is not necessarily the mantra or a formula to a successful film. At the end of the day, the only thing that will truly sustain is a good film. But yes, promotion is important and it does give a film that extra push..

Ranbir: There are two ways to it. We don't know if people have gone to see the film because the film's content is good or because we went to promote it on a particular reality show. Aamir Khan is against going on reality shows. He says when you go on reality shows the audience is seeing you as a star. That's necessarily not going to convert into ticket sales. When you go to a mall and you wave out to fans, those people are seeing you as a star.

Unless your content and music and your desirability of a story is good, that is going to reflect in your box-office collections. So there is no tried and tested formula, but that's become the norm. Everyone does it, so you have to follow suit because there's a lot of money involved. It's the producers' call, and actors can't take that stand. I don't think we have cracked marketing completely. We now have digital platforms where the reach is so large. I think soon that breaking point is going to come in and we may be able to finally figure what marketing is all about.

Is it more tiring to promote a movie than shoot for it?

Both: Yes!

R: You don't get time to go to the gym, you don't get time to eat your food, you are always on the run, you are saying the same things over and over again so sometimes you lose the sense of reality because you start repeating yourself. You start searching for new answers and new words and you sound like such an idiot, but you can't tire yourself. It's also your job. And you have made the film with lot of love, hardwork, money. So you have to say the best things possible.

Name an actor who could have played your role in Tamasha.

R: (Without thinking) Deepika. She could play a double role as she is good enough.

D: (Laughs) In that case, he can do my role.

When was the last time you created a tamasha or made a scene?

D: He does it everyday. When he does not get his lunch.

R: Tamasha is used in a negative way sometimes, but it is misunderstood. It's also a positve way of saying entertainment, spectacle, etc, but if you're asking me in a negative way, I am non-violent, not interfering person. It's being projected that there are lot of interesting things happening in my life but it's pretty much a uni-

dimensional life. There's not much happening.

Complete the sentence...

Love is...

R: (Sarcastically) definitely what Archies Galleries and Hallmark Cards promise you.

D: For me love is what you see in the movies. Love is the greatest feeling in the world.

Commitment is...

R: A word from a dialogue from Salman Khan's film.

D: Very essential.

R: (Butts in) It's a promise.

D: (Cuts in) We are not defining commitment. I don't want to define what commitment is, but for me, commitment is very very essential for a successful relationship.

I am...

D: Sensitive and emotional.

R A good guy (trying hard to keep a straight face).

My mom means...

R: Business.

D: Comfort, warmth, security.

R: My mom means ...life.

D: You said the right thing: My mom means business.

Romance is..

D: I don't like compartmentalising feeling and emotions, I don't know if there's a difference between love and romance. It can mean different things to different people, but I really hope that everyone gets to experience that feeling at some point in their life in the true sense because like I said, it is truly the best experience in the world.

R: Romance is the only time well spent.

Lust is...

R: Temporary.

D: I agree with him.

Cheating is a...

R: Sin.

D: (Laughs) Sin? Really? I think Cheating is disrespectful.

News is...

R: Responsibility

D: Reality of the situation.

My favourite love story...

D: Very clichd and might be boring for others, but it's my parents' story.

R: Lion King. The love story between Simba and Laila. And the film I make when I direct.

My favourite love song...

R: Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein and also, Dekha Ek Khwaab...I think Yash Chopra songs. Let's name our songs also Khuda Jaane from Bachna Ae Haseeno.

D: Kabira and now, Agar Tum Saath Ho. It's a song people will listen to even years from now.

Tamasha is...

R: An Imtiaz Ali film.

D: (Immediately) Releasing on November 27.

The English word for Tamasha would be...

R: Spectacle.

D: Passion.

Social media is...

R: It is the new medium to express yourself...sometimes over express yourself (laughs).

D: Addictive.

Ex boyfriends/girlfriends are...

D: Comfort.

R: Instrumental in your growth.

Marriage is...

D: An institution that I strongly believe in.

R: Important.

A love triangle is...

R: An interesting movie plot. I was telling Karan (Johar) why don't you make love triangles? Directors like him can get a good cast also.

De: He's thought of one actually.

R: Par kya hai ke conflict kya hai uss mein?

D: Arre...what triangle are you talking about...there's Bajirao Mastani.

R: Correct.

D: Cocktail too was one...

R: Ya, Cocktail was a new take on triangles...so you have done many triangles actually..(laughs).

A live-in relationship is...

R: Wonderful.

D: Not something I subscribe to. I am very traditional like that.

Home is...

R: Where the heart is...

D: Aiyyo, yaar...

R: You were gonna say that?

D: Yes! I will go with that, too.

Acting is...

Both: Life.

Promotions are...

D: Fun.

R: Death (laughs). No, but you have to enjoy it too.

Life is...

R: Life Is Beautiful is the best movie ever made in the world.

D: What you make of it.

Success is...

R: Well-earned.

D: A result of hard work. And hopefully, you can use that to channelise to impact other lives in a positive way.

This or that?

Beyonce or Rihanna?

D: Beyonce

R: Rihanna

Ranveer Singh or Yuvraj Singh?

D: Ranveer Singh

R: Ranveer Singh

Crop tops or crop circles?

D: What are crop circles? I have never heard of them... Crop tops

R: Crop tops

Tom Cruise or Tom Ford?

D: Tom And Jerry ka Tom

R: Can I say Tom Alter

Long hair or long legs?

D: Long hair

R: (Thinks for a while) Long legs

Short skirt or short boyfriend?

D: Short boyfriend

R: Short skirt... I don't have short boyfriends

A fling or a one-night stand?

D: Neither. Commitment

R: A movie

Lipstick or lip balm?

D: Lipstick...a red one

R: Lip balm...I hate lipstick on me

Pizza or pasta?

D: Pizza...rasam rice, actually

R: Pizza

Suits or shorts?

D: Suits

R: Suits

Briefs or boxers?

D: Boxers

R: Briefs

D: Lies... rubbish.. He has the cutest boxers by the way

Clean shaven or stubble?

D: Stubble

R: Stubble

Happy films or sad films?

D: Emotional films

R: Happy films

Cricket or football?

D: Football

R: Football

Sania or Saina?

D: Saina, anyday

R: Saina for me, too

Books or kindle?

D: Books

R: Books

Music or lyrics?

D: What is music without lyrics? Between the two, I'll pick music

R: Music

Instagram or Snapchat?

R: Instagram

D: I prefer the classic way " take picture, print them and put them in an album

Tea or coffee?

D: Tea

R: Coffee

Fast & Furious or Transporters?

D: I would say Fast & Furious, I am biased towards that

R: Dhoom

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Briefs or boxers?

I am hating her πŸ₯± as of now. This Tamasha has to stop

Edited by Beautyandbrain - 8 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Promotions are...

D: Fun.

R: Death (laughs). No, but you have to enjoy it too.

---------

Briefs or boxers?

----------

πŸ˜†

Staart thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dp was never in a live in relationship,I thought she wasπŸ˜”
starstruckk thumbnail
Deepika didn't have to mention Ranbir looking cute in boxers part at all. Going overboard here as usual.

You can tell that Ranbir is getting fed up with the promotions at this point.
starstruckk thumbnail
And how is Deepika biased towards Fast and Furious? Is it her way of suggesting she was offered a film from the franchise? lol

[quote]He has the cutest boxers by the way.[/quote]

Time to forget Rani Mukerji's, "I feel more love for Pam aunty coz Adi came out of her"

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh friday come fast and please no afterwards promotions for this movie and please no movie with these two at least the next 5 years. Its really unbearable the whole statments doesnt end. I mean people get excited to see pairings which never hang out in their privat life so you get to see them in the movie and Promotions but these two really turned this whole thing into not really wanting to see them anymore onscreen like they should disappear.
DP there is no need to say if he has cute boxers πŸ˜• and Ranbir? cheating? Sin? LoL and Deepika should instead saying disrespectful the biggest W*F would be if you named Ranbir you had the chance girl.
dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Deepika is so annoying this woman i am so bored af of her i am traditional in love crap answers. She lack self respect everything she says is so stupid and cheap. i feel like smacking her face shameless woman. Also Ranbir saying cheating is a sin and deepika breaking into laughter hearing it ROFL their hatred relationship is so obvious but for promotions they so badly faking this whole friendship drama its πŸ˜† even people who read can sense they hate each and have no friendship. Sick of them.
Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh god Deepu stop it already i have started pitying Biru jus cos of u!
I salute his commitment to producers that he actually share space with her evn though its pretty obvio he hates her or is highly uncomfortable arround her!its like she is a stalker douche ex!