Aditi Sharma to play grown-up 'Gangaa'TOI ARTICLE NEW GANGAA

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago

Aditi Sharma to play grown-up 'Gangaa'

A

Aditi Sharma to play grown-up 'Gangaa'

Actress Aditi Sharma, who's featured in several Bollywood films including Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami, is set to make her TV debut with Gangaa.

She will step into child artiste Ruhana Khanna's shoes to play the grown-up Gangaa after the time leap.

She says, "I took up the show as it's atypical of a saas-bahu saga. Also, my grandmother follows it regularly. It's tough for a film actress to take up a project on TV and my friends have been scaring me, too. My character will be a little rebellious and questions the practice of blaming a girl for her husband's death."

Does she feel the pressure of matching up to her young counterpart? "There is no pressure. In fact, I am excited to step into her shoes. She is brilliant and I hope I am able to do justice to the role," she replies.

Vishal Vashishtha, who was last seen in 'Ek Veer Ki Ardaas... Veera', will play the grown-up Sagar opposite the actress.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
It is ok but how I wish that the role of Gangaa would have been played by Soumya or Reeti from Badi devrani as they resemble Gangaa a bit...
NamuVyas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Aditi is very Gud... But my concern is she may look older to vishal ... I will keep my comments reserved for later
Rain_Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I still cant digest the bitter truth that Swar & Ruhana will not be gracing my tv screen đŸ˜­
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shivin-love

Aditi is very Gud... But my concern is she may look older to vishal ... I will keep my comments reserved for later

You are so right that she will look older than Vishal...and then what is the part that a film actress can't take up a role in TV😳 I think on Life OK and Zee tV we saw Sonali Bendre and Shilpa shirodkar...
Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rain_Lover

I still cant digest the bitter truth that Swar & Ruhana will not be gracing my tv screen đŸ˜­

Yup...it's difficult seeing them replaced with older actors. The kids were doing such a splendid job and shared a natural bonding.

The leap was always on the cards but still, kinda hard to let go of these talented young souls!
Joyness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am not l8king the older selection of cast...i have seen The actir playing baldev in veera who will assay role of grown up Sagar...he is complete misfit to play grownup sagar. And the actress from her photo too doesn't look good to play role of grownup gangs
anasuya43 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Whoever play grown up gangaa role we miss cute Ruhana Khanna's 

very much...😭
dimaagkidahi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jyotic74

I am not l8king the older selection of cast...i have seen The actir playing baldev in veera who will assay role of grown up Sagar...he is complete misfit to play grownup sagar. And the actress from her photo too doesn't look good to play role of grownup gangs

You cannot judge a cast only on the basis of how they look.
Obviously the grown-up version of both the kids wont be the same as the younger ones.
There is going to be a lot of changes to spice things up.
So lets pass the judgement after watching them play Gangaa & Sagar post leap.Edited by Khotteya - 8 years ago
dimaagkidahi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OT: I like Aditi. Have seen her in few movies & she's a pretty decent actress.
Im sure they needed someone who can "act" & isnt just a pretty face.
About Vishal, well Im his fan since Veera days & have full faith in him. He's going to do a wonderful job & win many hearts as Sagar.
The kids were amazing as well but the leap was always on cards.
So lets wish the best for the new cast.