Telly times intw of monica sehgal

hanishank thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

http://www.urlremoved/in-conversation-with-the-stunning-television-actress-monica-sehgal/#.VkXyrtQ8Qf4.twitter

"Manmarziyan Was Like A Dream Come True For Me"- Monica Sehgal

She may be a newcomer in the industry, but Monica Sehgal is surely having the time of her life.

Her first show Manmarziyan might have wrapped soon, but the popularity it gave to Monica is beyond words.

Do you know that the pretty and talented actress was also a national badminton player? Now that's something great right?

Surviving in the showbiz industry isn't easy and not all get recognized for their work but Monica hit the jackpot with her very first show, all thanks to her hard work and belief in herself.

The girl has a crazy fan following, we must say!

On fans demand, we got in touch with this talented actress and asked her a few questions her fans wanted answers to and must say, Monica was really quick and honest while answering them.

Read on to know what this young and talented actress has to say!

One word to describe yourself?

Creative

If not an actor, you would have been?

A sportsperson

How was your experience while working with the Manmarziyan cast?

My experience while working in Manmarziyan was more than fantastic that I could ever imagine. It was something that made me learn a lot, it taught me how I can expand myself beyond the blockages I had, it made me believe in myself. For me, it was more than a stepping stone. It was truly something that got me the belief that I needed in myself. The experience was an eye-opener for me and was truly fantastic that I got so addicted to the whole procedure that I just want to get back to it with a bang.

Tell us something about your bond with your co-stars?

The bond with my co-stars was really amazing. I think the reason was because initially for few months, we stayed together in Haridwar and Rishikesh, that brought all of us so close to each other. We all were like a family, we all were there for each other whenever we needed. All of us were away from our family, and for me it was nothing new because in Mumbai also I stay away from my family. But all those people who were from Mumbai and had to stay away from their family, it was very difficult for them. So it was like we spent Christmas together, we spent new year together, we spent kite flying festival together, so you know in all those festivals, you crave to be with your family, we spent that kind of time together so we were all like a family to each other.

Your fans have been requesting production houses just to see you and Aham together as an onscreen couple again, so what do you have to say on that?

To begin with, I am really touched to know that Aham and I together could touch so many hearts. This was honestly the most unexpected thing that happened to me in Manmarziyan because the time I and Aham had as a pair on screen was really less. When the story was moving on, it was only towards the end of one month that we both had to be together as a pair and even in that one month, we made a place in fans hearts so for me it's really overwhelming. I'm so touched and really grateful for that.

The happiest moment of your life that you will cherish forever?

The happiest moment was when I told my father that I have signed the contract as a lead of a Star Plus show because the pride I could feel was priceless and I would want this experience to go on and on and on. I think each time I tell him about my projects, that will be yet another memorable moment for me.

Describe your co-star Aham Sharma in 3 words.

Focussed, hardworking and mysterious.

Who is your favourite actor?

I love Mr Aamir Khan and Mr Abhay Deol. I just love and admire both of them equally. The reason that I really love them is because they both are so versatile. If you look at them, the kind of films they choose is so much different from what they have done previously. They don't stick to one character or personality, they will always experiment new things and you will always see them doing something different that you will be totally hooked on to them. I really wish that one day I get to work with them and also be known as a versatile actor like them. I wouldn't want to be stereotyped tomorrow as I have just started my career. So I always look up to them.

Talk about your dream role.

There are actually tons of them that I would love to do. Starting with Alia's character in Highway also Queen, what Kangana played in that movie. I would also love to do something like Jodha Akbar.

Any dream director you would love to work with someday?

Well, that would be Imtiaz Ali. I would love to work with him. The kind of films he does is also versatile and so grounded and so raw that it just gets you hooked on to it.

Now that you have done a show like Manmarziyan which was a youth based show, so my question is would you want to be a part of saas-bahu kind of soap?

Honestly, I don't know, it obviously depends on what kind of project that is, depends on the character as to how strong it is. I think this is a very subjective question where you can't say a yes or a no to it. So you can't really say anything, it can be a yes or no, totally depends on the character and other factors.

What is your best quality?

Well umm, that made me thinking...I would say it is to make the most of the resources available. Be it creatively at hands or be it in life with the things and situations. I am a believer of dreams, I am a believer of the universe and I believe in the magic of the universe that everything happens for a reason and whatever happens, happens for good. So you have to make the most of whatever is available to you.

What quality in a guy would definitely turn you off?

I don't admire guys who drink and smoke that really turns me off. I don't smoke and drink and so I don't entertain that either.

Since you were a National level player if given a chance would you want to be a part of a film or a Television soap based on sports?

Now that is yet another dream role for me, I don't know how I skipped it earlier to that dream role question, but I am totally all for it. I used to play Badminton and I love being a part of it. So I would love to be a part of a sports-based film.

You are strong, you are fearless and famous, but is there something that makes you worried or insecure?

I think my family is my strongest and weakest point. Because of my family only I am here, but anything that touches my family can shake me.

Do you relate to Radhika in any way?

Yes, definitely Radhika and Monica are very much alike. It was almost like my own story. Just like Radhika, even Monica belonged to a small town, just like her, even I am very ambitious. Radhika wanted to make her name before she gets married, and that is also my aim in life. The only difference between Radhika and Monica is that even my parents come from the same school of thoughts as Monica. My parents want me to build a name, get settled in my career before I get married unlike in the case of Radhika. She had to convince her parents when her parents disagreed to it, so that didn't happen with me. My parents want me to stand on my feet before everything else.

Your favourite colour?

It keeps changing, but I will stick with red.

Your favourite food?

Ghar ka khana, sabji, dal.

Your favourite breakfast?

It's thick milk, addrak, ilaichi wali chai and bread butter. This is something that I eat every day without fail. Doesn't matter where I am, whether I am in a tournament or may be shooting or at home, the first thing I need to have in the morning is tea and bread.

Any dream destination or favourite holiday spot?

I want to explore India before I step outside. There is so much to explore within our country, so many unexplored places. I am more of a traveller, I just believe in catching whatever mode of transport is available and explore religious and nice places. So I want to do that kind of backpacking in India.

Who is your role model and why?

My role model is Mr Aamir Khan as I already said I admire him for the kind of work he does and that really inspires me.

The first thought that came to your mind when you were offered the character of Radhika in Manmarziyan?

Firstly I couldn't believe it. It was really difficult for me to believe that it finally happened because there were a few failures as well at that time that made me question myself. I used to feel whether I am really made for this or no, so yes I had that whole phase where I was questioning myself whether this industry is for me or not, whether I am wasting my time here or invest it somewhere else and when this project happened, it was more of a belief for me and also a dream come true.

Lastly any message for your fans who love you so much and are crazy for you?

My crazy fans, to begin with, I can not express my love in words. If I could, I would give my heart out to you guys, I would love to meet each one of you whenever I can. I love you for the love you've been giving me and it was the most unexpected experience that you guys gave me and are still giving me. I am really very touched with your efforts of making sure that you tweet me every day and remember me, and never fails to send me your wishes. This is really sweet of you and yes I will be back very soon and this time I am going to surprise you. Just wait for it.

Now looks like Monica is in for a big surprise for her fans!

Good luck girl! We can't wait to see you back...

Edited by hanishank - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mmzmahi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Isn't there a video? Anyways,awesome..this girl speaks frm her heart..humble and honest 👏
lovv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TFS...

wenevr i read or see her offscreen IV's, i always feel i am listeninng n reading abt radhika...there z not much difference to her character ...atleast i feel dat...

i totally agree vth, ardhika being famous...

literally very less time they got...n they gave their best shot...n they got many fans for dat effort...

n her answers seems, very honest..wen aksed abt dat sports film, she says , how i forgot dat in dream character line proves dat...n as saas-bahu soaps...

hmm...nice to know...
hanishank thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mmzmahi

Isn't there a video? Anyways,awesome..this girl speaks frm her heart..humble and honest 👏

no vedio...only written iv 😊
yeah she is true to her heart and grounded...i like that
Edited by hanishank - 8 years ago
CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Tfs😳
Cute words from her heart,really loved her answers