~Happy Birthday Aditi (Lyraa99)~

debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

"Sometimes I feel like I'm an illiterate!" A very irritated and frustrated Aditi said while shutting her laptop. Her worst nightmare, the writer's block, seemed to be visiting her frequently these days. She had just finished a rather gruelling battle with the block for a couple of hours; but as usual, she had to give up.  On the opposite side, empty boxes of Chinese fried rice littered her dining table.

Maybe I should just sort out the mail which has been sitting in the bag for months. She thought to herself as she dragged her feet across the living room and up the stairs. A few moments later, she was back in the living room in her pyjamas. She pulled the massive black bag and emptied out the whole lot of envelopes on the floor.

"Bills, junk mail, ooh! Coupon for free pizza!" She exclaimed as she put it aside. "And... Lots of fan mail." Picking up a handful of letters, she sat on the floor, pushing the other stuff onto one side. Her best-selling book had just hit the shelves a few days ago and fan mail had already started pouring in.

Shifting her weight so she could tuck one foot under the opposite leg, she looked at the pile of letters in surprise.

"I don't know what all of this actually means. If a person says something, I don't know what they want me to say back. If I send a letter and someone doesn't respond, does that mean they're angry? But what if they're not? What if they're just busy or if they just... don't know what to say back?"

"I guess any of those explanations are possible." She mumbled to herself. But what exactly am I suppose to say? I don't know what they want me to say. She looked miserable; not knowing whether to read the mail or not. Aditi looked at the various return addresses on the letters and sighed. She could see a mixture of male and female writers in the stack.

"Why did they send these letters to me and what do they want?" She asked herself again.

"Because they wanted to reach out to you. And who says they want anything? They're just fans." A voice came from the back and startled her.

"Mom!" She ran up to her and gave her a tight hug.

"This place is a mess, Aditi!"

"These people don't even know me." She shrugged and sunk back to where she was before her mother walked in.

"They feel like they know you a little, from your writing. They want you to know them too, or they want you to know how your writing affects them." Her mother smiled at her.

"What am I supposed to do?" She asked, her voice cracking a little.

"You're not supposed to do anything."

"Should I write back?"

"If you want to." Her mother leaned over and nudged her shoulder a little. "But you know, if this writer's block decides to fly away and your second book hits the shelves, you'll need to be ready for all this." She winked at her daughter who smiled back.

"Let's see what you have here, Aditi." She rubbed her hands together and pulled out a letter from the untidy bundle. The letter was addressed to her in block capitals. "Maybe you should read this, Aditi. It'll remind you of why you published your book in the first place." She said and handed over the letter to her.

Aditi was utterly speechless. She read the letter over again just to make sure she'd understood it correctly, and it was no different from the first time she read it. Her mouth was moving, trying to say something, but her voice wasn't cooperating.

"You don't have to say anything, Aditi." Her mother said quickly. "As you said; the recipients of fan mail are not expected to respond to them."

"No... It's not that, mom" Aditi assured her. "I'm just... well... surprised. I had no idea people felt this way."

"Isn't that the point of fan mail? To inform the author or even their hero what they mean to them and how much their work is appreciated, even when they're not aware of it."

Aditi couldn't help but smile at that. "Well, let's see what else I got." She glanced at the bundle and spotted something completely different from the rest of the fan mail. "Ooh! What is this?!"

Elegant, is the correct word for it. Aditi smiled as she looked at the glittery golden envelope with a silver transparent ribbon tied around it. She carefully took the envelope and pulled the ribbon, opening the envelope; she revealed a cream coloured piece of paper and a smaller white envelope fell out. Her eyes widened in shock as she read what written inside.

Congratulations!!

You are invited to attend the 2014-2015 Author's Affairs Awards, on the 7th of November 2015. The time and venue are enclosed in the envelope. We look forward to seeing you there!

ANGEL-JOT. || YUVIKA_15 || .MERERANGMEIN. || .USERNAME.

Edited by debasree04 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.LilGreenRobot. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Wishing you a very happy birthday, Aditi. Tonight is your night to boss others around and just have fun. 

We are so grateful for your words, stories and articles around IF. They are a treat to read and you surely deserve some appreciation for it. On this birthday, I wish that all your dreams come true. I hope that the next year of your life brings you success, joy, prosperity and awesome fun.

This is just a little special something from us, to you. Thank you for your contribution at BollyCurry.

🤗

have an awesome day !!

Edited by .LilGreenRobot. - 8 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Happy Birthday, Aditi! 🤗 Hope u have a great one with ur friends and family! 🤗
Aquiline thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Ethereal. Magical. Astonishing. Sheer Perfection. Simply Beautiful.

Words that are often used by readers who fall under the spell of your creations...

And how easily they realize that, as soon as they've said it, they have described not the writings but the soul of the writer herself...

Frankly, I may not know you as personally as many others in this Thread and in your Life do. But the little I do is magnificent enough.

Just as God recreates in his Image, every writer wields words to recreate her soul...

Such that even a single word you write, dear Lyra, a solitary pale word that stands out in the windy dark background, breathes life.

Every idea you convey is so deep in emotion that it makes a reader hear the song of her soul and her heart reaches out to the impossible

Because we are incapable in many ways, we experience only a little of the grand ceremony that unveils in your imagination in all its splendour. But it must be heavenly there, in that world that is exclusively yours, from where your kindness divines to occasionally share a morsel with us...

As a writer and as a person, you are unique.

The breathless brilliance of your gentle writing proclaims you in contrast.

Just when your words lift me to the sun, I find myself in a shadowy corner holding onto a hope that feels not far. It is only your words that can make me feel lifted up at the very moment that I am crumbled to the floor crying. There is an undeniable certainty to your truths and a silence in the screaming souls of your stories...

Your stories reveal so much in so little:

Even when forces hold back, there is a determination to fight through.

There is music and sweetness in the most littlest of gestures and how beautiful life is, being so simple and contented, through your characters.

If a teardrop falls from a reader's eyes, in the cathartic aftermath of one of your stories, it is not a globe of water on her cheek but a drop of celestial crystal that endured through a stirring story and embeds, in its watery soul, the tumult of tender emotions and the grasp of life that is claimed after every dip in a chapter of your doing...

Dearest Lyra, May you always, ALWAYS, know how to make Simple Things important, Little Things matter, Dark Things beautiful, Bright Things gentle, Sad Things sing, Glad Things ring

But most of all, may all your coming years find you Paths to Walk, Paths that are marked by the Paint of Happiness and, on the sides of which, are erected the Lamps of Success... And may those Paths, if eroded by Sorrow, find you a steady companion in Hope...

Wishing you every goodness,

Happy Beautiful Birthday, Dearest Aditi.  

Love, your Linny

The Greatest Admirer of Your Soul and Your Words

Edited by Aquiline - 8 years ago
_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Many many happy returns of this aditi 🤗
_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely thread debashree 
GolguppaGuzzler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Happy Birthday Aditi

HIDEnSEEK06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Happy birthday Aditi🥳
Nice thread👏
-aparna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Adiii Ur birthday thread?:* Wowww
see u have so many FANs here:D...happy birthday Lyraa99...may u always make ppl cry with ur stories;)...i will b waiting for signed copy of ur book one day...

Happy birthday once again...:*   

@TM loved d lil story...:)
zaniax thumbnail
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Aditi..😃
Never knew ur real name untill nw...bt will always rmbr u as the writer of my all time fav story "Behind the smile"❤️