Drabble OS:Amma amma (Please read)

Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey guys! I am writing this song drabble from the bottom of my heart and my eyes are wet as i do so. The thing is that i suddenly feel i have lost all my ability to think and write on my praja.I don't know why but i am just not happy.😭This is my first drabble os and i am quiet sure,this is the worst piece i have written and i was actually crying all the time as i wrote this.But still i am sharing this with you all. It is based on amar's feelings.
This drabble is based on the tamil song -"Amma amma" and the actual song is included in red colour and the translations in blue.

AMMA AMMA

Amar singh wandered desperately over the palace,looking for his mother.

Amma amma ne enga amma
unna vittaa enakkaaru amma
thedi paartheney kaanom unna
kanna moochi yen? vaa nee velila

Oh mother,where are you?
 I have no one else except you.
 I searched for you,you are missing.
 Please don't play hide and seek with me,come outside

When he finally saw his dajiraj sitting in one corner of his room quitely,he went to him.
AS:Dajiraj,where is maasa?I have tried searching for her in the whole palace but she is no where to be found.I asked her dasis but none gave me a fitting reply.Some even turned away and ignored my questions.Dajiraj, shouldn't they be punished for not replying to a prince's query or not obeying his orders? Have them punished dajiraj,have them all punished and banish them.But first tell me where is maa?
His dajiraj,the Maharana of Mewar was not even listening to what all he said.He was physically present at that place,that moment but his mind,his heart,his soul,everything,just everything was away.All of this was with his beloved wife ajabde who was not there with them that moment.In fact,she had left to a place,far away,never to return.He had neither eaten nor spoken a word for the past 2 days,such was the great shock he had received from this unfortunate happening.
Amar kept asking his dajiraj,but he just won't reply.He tried shaking his hand,turning his face,which was facing the window,towards him and even tried tickling him but to no avail.The more his dajiraj made him wait,the more he grew increasingly upset.
AS(sobbing loudly):Please dajiraj,tell me once,where is my maa? Just tell me dajiraj,has she gone out somewhere? Isn't she in udaipur? Just tell me where she has gone and i would go to that very place and bring her back.Or just tell me when she will be back?(wailing)Dajiraj,why don't you reply? I am waiting to know where my ranima is?
Just then his chotima phool,pulled him away from his dajiraj.She dragged him out while he kept weeping.
AS:Just leave me chotima.I want to know where my maa is.Why is dajiraj not saying anything? Why doesn't he reply? (with a sudden new hope in his eyes)Chotima,maa is your childhood friend,isn't it? So you must be knowing where she is.Tell me once chotima,please please tell me.For eklingji's sake,i really want to know where maa is.
Even phool couldn't provide a befitting answer to his question.How could she tell him that his mother was dead? How could she tell him that she would never return,even if they wanted to bring her back.And even,they would never hear of her ever.
AS(whimpering):Say something chotima.Please tell me.
Phool:Amar,ajabde...yes,she has gone to eklingji's abode.
AS:What eklingji's abode? What for chotima? And when will she return?
Phool:That even i don't know amar singhji...But,she will be back,for sure.Now,please don't worry your dajiraj,amar.And don't cry,will your ranima ever like to see you with tears in your eyes?
AS(wiping his tears):No,not at all chotima.If you say so chotima,then i do believe you.She will be back soon.And i won't trouble dajiraj anymore.

That evening,when he came back after his games,he was crying bitterly.When phool saw him in such a state,she was too worried.

Thaaye uyir pirindhaaye
thaniye thavikka vittaaye.
Nee paadum paaattukku
naan  thoonga vendum.
naan paadum paattukku
thaaye un kangal ne
thirandhaale podhum.
Amma amma ne enga amma
unna vittaa enakkaaru amma.

Mother, you are dead
I am alone and helpless.
I should sleep
listening to your song.
now wake up by
listening to my song,
Its enough.
Mother, Where are you?
I've no one else except you

Phool:Why? What happened amar? Why are you crying again?
AS:Chotima,you..you lied to me chotima.You are a liar.And i don't want to talk to you.
Phool:What do you mean amar? I don't understand.
AS:Chotima,my friends told me that people who go to eklingji's abode never return back.And i heard some people at the marketplace,saying that ranaji is dejected due to this sudden separation with maharanisa that would now last forever! And they said my maasa is no more!!
Phool:No no amar,your maa will come back.
AS:Just don't try to fool me now,chotima.I can read from your eyes that you are being dishonest with me.I have heard and understood everything.(wailing unconsolably)I would never ever see my maa again,because she is dead!!!
That night,amar refused to eat anything,even when his favourite dishes were brought for him.He refused to go to sleep,even when the dasis and phool told him bedtime stories,sang lullabies for him and even tried putting him to sleep on a swing.He just lay on his bed,quitely,shedding silent tears,wetting the pillow so much that they had to change it twice in the night.He fell asleep,while remembering his mother and all that time he spent with her.

The next morning when phool came to wake him up,he was still not over that pain in his heart.He asked her,still sobbing.

Naan thoongum munney
nee thoongi ponaai
thaaye en mel unnakkenna kovam.
Kannana kanney, en dheiva penne
kannil dhoosi nee oodhavendum.
Ayyo yen indha saabam ellaam
endro naan seidha paavam.

Why did you die
before I should.
Are you angry at me?
My sweet mother, god's child
You have to wipe dirt from my eyes.
Why all this curses ?
Is this coz of sins I did before?

AS:Chotima,is maasa annoyed at me? Did i trouble her so much that she had to leave,never to return back? Or are these my wrongdoings that compelled god to take my maasa away from me? Have my mischeives enraged eklingji and kanhaji,so much?(again crying his heart out)Am i so bad chotima,am i so bad?
Phool(hugging and crying at his innocence):No amar,you are not bad and you can never be.And god can never be angered by your innocent notorious ways.
AS:Then why did he take my maa away from me? Why? How will i live without her chotima,how will i ever live without her?I will ask kanhaji to give my maasa back,or just take my life instead of hers.She always used to say that kanhaji always listens to a child's prayer,isn't it chotima? I will ask for her life in return for mine.
Phool(sobbing badly):Don't say that amar.Just don't say that.
AS:Then you tell me what i should do chotima,to bring maasa back?
Phool(with tears):There is nothing you can do amar,because this was hers and your destinty.You cannot do anything now .But you will have to be strong amar,you will have to live.You have to become your dajiraj's support in this difficult time.You have to live for your buasa,for your kakasa and everyone who cares for you and can't live without you.And for me amar,your chotima.Just imagine how will they all live without you? Won't their feelings be the same for you as the feelings you have for your maa now?And trust me,your maasa is always with you.
AS:I promise to try my best to be strong chotima.But why is it so difficult?Why chotima?And why can't we change our destiny?
Phool had no answer to that.

In the evening while his friends played and frolicked around in the playgrounds,amar didn't bother to join them.

Pagalum iravaagi bayamaanadhe amma
vilakkum thunai indri irulaanadhe.
Uyirin oru paadhi pariponadhey amma
thanimai nilaiyaanadhey.
Amma amma ne enga amma

Day turned dark and i am afraid, mother
 no help to wipe my darkness.
 my half soul is now dead
 I'm in state of loneliness.
 Mother, Where are you?
 I've no one else except you

He sat in a corner,completely lost in the memories of his mother.Soon,the skies became overcast with clouds and within a few moments,it began to rain.While his friends ran back to their homes,he sat there,waiting for his mother to come and call him in.But when no one came for a long time,he realized that his mother would never come again to call him after his games.She would never bathe him after he returned back,sweating badly.She would never prepare those steaming-hot delicacies for him,when he would be tired and hungry.He was now all alone and he had to face the trials and tribulations of life,all alone since there was no one to wipe away that darkness for him.He remembered his chotima's words and got up from where he was seated and then she herself came to fetch him back.He went back with her,still quiet and lost.
Back home,she helped him bathe and fed him but he knew it all would never be the same again.He again couldn't sleep but those words of his chotima kept echoing in his mind-"Your mother is always with you".

The next morning was a better one for him for he had resolved not to be disappointed anymore and to face it bravely.

Naan pona pinnum nee vazha vendum
endhan moochu unnakullum undu.
Vaanengum vannam,
poovellaam vaasam
naan vazhum ulagil dheivangal undu.

After me, you should live
my breath is also with in you.
Sky full of colors.
flowers full of fragrance.
God is there in the world I live.

He wanted to become brave and courageous like his dajiraj and so he promised his maasa that he would never go helpless and weak again.He would try his best to remain strong even in all adversities.When he looked up at the skies,he could imagine her there,with his hands drawn out to hug him.He sent her a hug too and then went to acharya raghvendra.
AS:Acharayaji,aap humare dajiraj ke guru haina? Aap humme bhi unki hi tarah talwar chalane sikhayenge?Bas ek baar.
GR:Kyun nahi kunwarsa?
AS:Toh chaliye.

He lead him to the dangal sthal where his dajiraj practised often and he began to instruct him.

Ne en prumayin ellai
undhan thandhai per sollum pillai.
Oorum peridhilai kalangaadhey
en kanney
ulagam vilayaada
un kanmunney.

You are my limitless pride
 You have made your Father proud.
 others word are not important
 in this world, my child.
 World is a play ground
 before you eyes.

As he practiced every move,he did it thinking that his mother would be proud of him and somewhere she must be now looking at him as he practiced.And when ranaji sat looking out of his window,he spotted him,fighting his guru in full zeal,he too was proud of him.He too came out of his room,after many days and practiced with them.And for the first time in the past few days,AS could see that his father was better.

Kaalam karaindhodum
un vazhvil karai serum
meendum naan un pillai.

Time will go and
 it will heal you.
 I'll be your child again.

That evening as they returned back to the palace,both the father and the sun had a faint smile on their faces,but still it was there.They had dinner together and AS could bet that even his father was now sure that his mother was present somewhere around.

Amma amma ne enga amma
enga ponaalum naanum varuven
kannaadi paaru naanum theriven.

Mother, Where are you?
I've no one else except you.
Wherever you go, I will come.
see the mirror, I will be there.

Back in his room,he sensed his mother's presence everywhere.He saw her at her table,stitching something for him.Then he saw near kanhaji's idol,silently singing'aankhiyaan hari darshan ko pyaasi'.Then near the window,looking out.And then on the bed reading a book.But every time,he stretched out his hand to feel her or hug her,she was gone! He kept wandering around in vain,before he finally realized that she was not there and was now no more.He went up to the window and looked at the infinite stars in the night sky.Suddenly,he remembered what his dadisa had once told him-that when people die,they become stars and shine forever in the night sky.But how could he know which was his mother? So he kept sending flying kisses and hugs to every star in the sky.

Thaaye uyir pirindhaaye
kanney neyum enuyir thaaney
Indru Nee paadum paaattukku
naan  thoonga vendum.
Naan paadum thaalaattu nee thoonga
kadhoram endrendum ketkkum.

Mother, you are dead
you're me soul, my child
I have to sleep listening to
your song, today.
You'll always hear this lullaby
that I sing, today.

Then remembering the promise he made to his mother,he went to his bed,trying hard to stop his tears and quietly lay down and closed his eyes.And miraculously,he heard the same lullaby that his mother used to sing for him,every night! He was now convinced of his mother's presence with him.And he resolved not to cry ever,because his mother was always around,watching him,and she couldn't bare those tears in his eyes.And if his mother was around,was there any need to get disappointed of the parting with her? He was the strong son of the maharana of mewar and he couldn't afford to cry.With this pledge,he slowly closed his eyes and that sweet lullaby transported him to the world of his dreams.

*****************************************************
Please comment and don't hesitate to criticize,because i know it is full of mistakes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swara98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG!!!!!!! Ramya I have tears streaming my eyes 😭
I have no words for this os I would just say this the best os you have written I could feel the pain the helplessness of amar and pratap 😭 😭 😭    πŸ˜­ 😭 😭    πŸ˜­ 😭 😭    πŸ˜­ 😭 Edited by swara98 - 8 years ago
Ramya_98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: swara98

OMG!!!!!!! Ramya I have tears streaming my eyes 😭
I have no words for this os I would just say this the best os you have written I could feel the pain the helplessness of amar and pratap 😭 😭 😭    πŸ˜­ 😭 😭    πŸ˜­ 😭 😭    πŸ˜­ 😭

Thanks swara di! OMG! The best? 😲 I thought it was the worst. πŸ˜› But i am pretty sure, it was the song that made you so emotional. Even i was crying when i first heard the song and even when i was writing this. 😭 😭
ApekshaM thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh god ramya!! This is so emotional one!😭😭 well done πŸ‘
syndeyshine00 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow
What an os
I literally started to cry...
faishar02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
oh ramya
being a tamilian i hear to this song regularly and everytime i hear it i cry
this time i cried more than that. 
amar's condition and the song together filled my eyes with tears
i would just say this is the best drabble i have read. 
seriously this was so emotional, so emotional that i was like how would have amar felt in history
it was really heart touching
hats off to you
twilightlover29 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Heart wrenching OS
Ramya you managed to capture the pain of a child who just wants his mother 
Beautifully written 
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Heart wrenching OS Ramya😭
I was crying while reading this OS😭
No child cannot live without his mother

Ramya_98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _CutieCute_

😭So emotional...😭

Thanks nainshree! I actually don't believe that i was able to touch you all so much and i made you all cry. πŸ˜› 😳
Ramya_98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditi37

Such a emotional one😭

Thanks aditi!