uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Palash Sen fooled

Ranjib Mazumder

Palash Sen

Meanwhile, singer Palash Sen, who plays dean of faculty in Fame X, was fooled by a contestant during the auditions for the show yesterday. Shilpa Vaswani, one of the participants of the show had a showdown with Palash Sen as they argued over the term 'sexy'. While the girl kept insisting that it means beautiful, Palash disagreed. Later Shilpa challenged Palash that he had no option but to select her. She sang a Sindhi song that left Palsh spellbound.

The girl in question seemed pretty confident and she kept refusing to behave according to the judge's instructions. Later she performed another song well above the judge's expectation. Impressed with her singing calibre, Palash congratulated her and declared her selected.  Leaving Palash shocked, the girl then decided to quit the show. By that time, everyone was in splits and Palash was made to wear the 'Bakra' cap. Palash was later told that the girl actually works with the channel and this was just a practical joke.

"I know I have been fooled, but I must admit that Shilpa had everything going for her. Auditioning so much people makes me go blank sometimes, so I guess the channel guys tried to spice up the proceedings a bit," he said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coollama thumbnail
Good one, He needs to remain Bakra for ever, No offence to any of his fans but I believe He was extremly rude to all the cotestants coming for the audition.

He would just stop the performer or make uninteresting faces. I gues Its because he gets very tired and iritated due to many auditions that he has to take.
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
That was cool....

Have not seen any episodes so can't comment there. But as such he is a very jolly fellow. Last year he did a live show here at KgP and we found him really humourous.

Maybe you are right... too many auditions and half of them maybe quite bad too is making him go irritated.

rockymeranaam thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

That was cool....

Have not seen any episodes so can't comment there. But as such he is a very jolly fellow. Last year he did a live show here at KgP and we found him really humourous.

Maybe you are right... too many auditions and half of them maybe quite bad too is making him go irritated.

Hey Bhaskar bro,

Show will start from 24 th nov on SAB tv.

I found these details on yahoo news.

Daler Mehndi is all set to wear a different hat. The singer, whose Rang De Basanti track is ruling the charts, is gearing up to participate as one of the judges in Fame X, the sequel of Fame Gurukul.

"Fame X is not like Fame Gurukul or any other talent shows that has happened on- screen so far," said the singer who is very excited about his new venture. He adds, "My association with the show is not just about adding a big name in the panel of jury members. For me, it is a big responsibility and I will find the real gem from all the stones."

Though the basic format of the show, which is slated to begin on November 24, remains the same as that of Fame Gurukul, the look of the show will be contemporary and fresh. Like this time, instead of Gurukul the show will have an Academy where the final 14 students will be trained. While singer Palash Sen will be the dean of the Academy, Sophie will host the show.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061102/32/690kt.html

Edited by rockymeranaam - 17 years ago
rockymeranaam thumbnail

I don't watch reality shows: Palash Sen
Ansy Austin
Monday, October 30, 2006 19:24 IST

After experimenting with medicine and acting, it's always been singing that gets him going. Palash Sen has indeed come a long way to becoming a dean of Fame Academy in the reality show 'Fame X' (SAB). Palash was selected as he has his own style and has tremendous mass appeal among the younger generation.
For one who claims never to have watched reality shows on television, what made him accept the offer? "Yes, I don't watch reality shows. But I accepted this because I can help people excel as singers. Through this show, I can give back something to the industry"
He seems to be mighty confident of himself as he solely auditions 700 youngsters in Mumbai. And also, having conducted auditions in various cities in the country, he says, "Calcutta seems to be having the best lot of singers. They have talent as well as attitude."
Unlike the other judges of similar shows, Palash doesn't judge a contestant on just one song; he gives them a chance to sing different songs before judging their calibre. So is he going to be a strict judge or easy going on the contestants? "Well, I will be strict! I am judging the contestants on primarily singing, then performance, and finally on their body language and attitude. Infact, this morning, one girl who auditioned here started crying complaining that I was rude to her."
Talking about becoming a dean and training the students, he says, "I will be training the contestants on various aspects from singing to performance, dancing, physical fitness and also facing the media." He further adds that the training of the contestants will be a culmination of ideas from the channel, the faculty of teachers and himself. "We will be working together to bring about an aggressive and young look," he says.
So is Palash a bit worried about being compared to Ila Arun who was the headmistress of 'Fame Gurukul' (Sony) last year? Here, the lead singer of Euphoria band is quick to retort, "Ila Arun is much more senior to me, how can I be compared to her? She is a living legend. I will have my own style of going about this show. I haven't even watched the show last year so there is no comparison to Ila"

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1061074

Swar_Raj thumbnail
Originally posted by: uknaik99

Palash Sen fooled

Ranjib Mazumder

Palash Sen

Meanwhile, singer Palash Sen, who plays dean of faculty in Fame X, was fooled by a contestant during the auditions for the show yesterday. Shilpa Vaswani, one of the participants of the show had a showdown with Palash Sen as they argued over the term 'sexy'. While the girl kept insisting that it means beautiful, Palash disagreed. Later Shilpa challenged Palash that he had no option but to select her. She sang a Sindhi song that left Palsh spellbound.

The girl in question seemed pretty confident and she kept refusing to behave according to the judge's instructions. Later she performed another song well above the judge's expectation. Impressed with her singing calibre, Palash congratulated her and declared her selected.  Leaving Palash shocked, the girl then decided to quit the show. By that time, everyone was in splits and Palash was made to wear the 'Bakra' cap. Palash was later told that the girl actually works with the channel and this was just a practical joke.

"I know I have been fooled, but I must admit that Shilpa had everything going for her. Auditioning so much people makes me go blank sometimes, so I guess the channel guys tried to spice up the proceedings a bit," he said.

Very interesting. Also I saw him singing with Shaan and others for Hanuman Animated film....very impressive work๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘