Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Echoesofpassion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: medha16

The biggest gems from your fellow compatriots.

1- Sanaya deserved to win coz she worked hard.
2- Faisal won a previous show, so he should not win JDJ
3- DD n Ashish won coz of Sanaya's popularity
4- Judges are biased and they deliberately underscored her.
5- Colors is a cheater channel coz doll got 1 crore votes and they cheated her of her win.
6- Faisal won coz Raj Kundra gave money to Rangeela.
7- Faisal won coz of Sanaya's popularity. 😆
8- Faisal shouldn't have accepted the trophy and handed it over to Sanaya
9-Dancers should not be there in a show which is meant for dance. 😕
10- Winner was decided before the show itself. Reason? Team Sarun said so. 😲

Oh the best was the tweets to Narendra Modi. Try Barack Obama next time. 😛

U want more? I can give u a 50 more absurd things that have been said.

I agree, that some things about Sanaya were mean n personal lives should not be dragged in the middle of it and that applies for EVERYONE.
So, if u are actually making a post on things that should not be dragged into a competition, u should take into account both sides. If Sanaya has family, then so do Shamita and Faisal.

You don't get away saying shit about the Shetty family and tweeting rubbish about Faisal's monetary status and then play the wounded card.
Your post would have called for some food for thought had the said rules been directed at everyone.
Thanks.

Couldnt have said it better!! The amount of hate Faisal got for getting a trophy he DESERVED the most is just sad. Whats even more sad is that some sanaya fans think that Faisal has barely any fans. Is it so hard to believe that maybe Faisal had enough fans in India who actually voted for him? Theres actually people who love him after DID etc. and its not just votes, scores count as well! Which he topped as well. I am a sanaya fan too but this is a dance show and the best talent wins not the favourite celeb. The amount of arrogance some fans have is unbelievable, so over confident that no one can ever beat Sanz. Yeah I am not a blind fan and I rather have an unbiased opinion than a biased one.
Paytonlee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: just_like_that

And you forgot the biggest gem of all --- "Ask Faisal what this win means for him and he would call it meaningless as he was not competing against equals" 

HAHAHA that person was so desperate to make faisal say his win was meaningless. it was funny that she kept posting that everywhere that i couldnt even get angry. If she can she might even hold a gun on his head and make him say it on tv
Danseuse thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescent

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#666666">The forum left me with no choice
but to be sarcastic. </font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#666666">The show is complete. The results
are out. Faisal won. Fair or not, different people will have different
opinions...but it can't be changed. As a
Sanaya fan, I am upset but I'll move on in few days. Faisal's age is
irrelevant to me. All the participants are off different ages...it shouldn't be
a criteria for any sort of judgment. </font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#666666">Dancing is definitely an art. If
Sanaya didn't learn the art of dancing in 14 weeks, she wouldn't even have been
the runner up. The same judges wouldn't have given her 40 several times. She
was able to be on the same finale stage as the trained dancer Faisal ( who has trained for years) , with just 14
weeks of training. So at least on Jhalak's stage, they were on the same level. </font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#666666">I worked the hardest (</font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#009999">meaning: I was weaker than everybody else, hence, worked extra hard</font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#666666">) sounds stupid and
arrogant to you. I was my own competitor ( </font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#009999">meaning: I was better than everybody
else</font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#666666">) doesn't?</font>

@incandescent: You said it. 👏 And I completely agree with you. Sanaya is the runner-up because of her popularity and having tried to learn dance and trying to dance with a lot of conviction. 👏 So true. Maybe she needs to enrol for a professional dance class and continue honing her skills. You never know, after all the jhatkas and matkas and skimpy outfits, she is one deserving contender for 'item numbers' in Bollywood. It could be a turning point in her career. If you hav seen the best of the lot done by Ash, Bipasha, Malaika, Sonakshi, Shruti Hassan and the enchantress Kareena, (all of them so elegant and good dancers) maybe someday, she would get there too!! All the best to Sanaya Irani... 👍🏼

-Rekha
.LoveLife. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Betti

SI and VD fans were not best friends or pretending to be, we tried to be friendly that's all...  and we're mocked for not fighting, really?  So we are called rabble rousers who fight with every fandom but when we try not to fight that is wrong too?

Other fandoms were making posts trying to instigate fights, some stealthily and some didn't even try to hide their disappointment saying "Why are they not fighting?" 
How silly is that? And there were many posts like that not just one or two... Imagine if a Sanaya fan made posts like this?

And in chanchan didn't that guy make unfounded accusations against Sanaya? So fans are going to attack him, but I agree bashing goes overboard sometimes

And what is with making lengthy posts bashing and then at the end saying take a chill pill, drink water calm down, have a sense of humor... 

I guess you missed the last paragraph of my lengthy "bashing" (😆 by the time I leave this forum I'll certainly forget what bashing actually means) post. For your convenience I reiterate it, this time in bold and underlined. 

All the things I have stated above is based on my observation and just my opinion. Not a gospel truth. I do not intend to offend anyone, and what I mean by sense of humor is the ability to not take offense at everything that is against your opinion. 

Although now I am tempted to ask you what part of my post did you find as "bashing"? That some SI fans are abusing everyone related to the show on twitter, is that bashing? 
Or that some SI fans body shamed DD during S6 and were pretty vicious at that. Is that bashing? 
When did I ever say the entire fandom is full of rabble rousers? 😲 Why are you putting words into my mouth? 
I only said a few in the fandom like finding fall guys and put them down for reasons best known to them. 
Drashti was the fall guy in JDJ S6. 
Ashish was the fall guy in JDJ S7. Ashish was also the fall guy in RR forum and so was his wife. I do not remember the TM making a thread than, things I have learned about women on this forum. That if a woman posts a picture of hers with her husband on twitter, she is insecure. 😆
Or that Ashish won because of SI's popularity. 
Coming to fall guys of this season. Mohit Malik, dearly called "sweaty" and "rajma chawal" by  some SI fans. 
Shamita Shetty and her entire family. 
The "undeserving" dancer with his "meaningless" victory and "arrogant" statements. Faizal Khan. And let's not even get started what all he's being called on Twitter. 

Is that not evidence enough that a section of fans does like finding fall guys? Am I bashing or simply stating what has happened? 

Regarding SI-VD, I found it melodramatic, my opinion not a universal truth or something. Though I realize I shouldn't have said "act." Sorry about that, but I maintain it wasn't a war zone because there was no clash of opinion. 
Go read the replies by SI and VD fans on VD's tweet in support of Faizal. You'd know what happens at the first spark of a clashing opinion. 😆  If you are not on twitter then join it, it takes less time than reading my lengthy bashing posts and replying to them. You can see what's happening there for yourself. 

Regarding the fall guy in Chanchan. How do you know that the accusations were unfounded or that he had accused her of something in the first place? Did you hear him say so? Was there a video where he accuses her? Was there a written interview? As far as I know he had rubbished any such thing and it was a random media article that said Farhan Khan accuses Irani of such and such behaviour. 

That article was believed and he was bashed for wrongfully accusing her. Pray tell why we believe only selected articles? Why do we trash articles that claim SI wanted to replace Jai or she's jealous of Shamita? 
As far as I am concerned, I don't believe any of those. Nor do I believe the articles that say Shamita used her family influence or Farhan accused SI. Media likes to blow things out of proportion but it is not selective in blowing things out of proportion. 

And again I am not saying that the entire fandom is bad or something. You forced me to give all these examples. And I maintain, all those who bash, fight irrespective of whatever fandom are to be blamed. All I am saying is spare us the holier than thou attitude. 

Edited by .LoveLife. - 8 years ago
.LoveLife. thumbnail
@TM please refer to my post in response to Betti. I have answered your questions there. As for your question that how do you know those who instigated during season 6 were SI fans, you can check the post was made by a member called Saladonkey. If he/she isn't an SI fan then who is? And yes when that post was opened many who had nothing to do with SI and DD too jumped in. 
As for your point regarding retaliation in extreme. You really need to see what people are doing on social media and the reaction to it that you see here is not extreme at all as compared to that. Though there was one post that unfairly dragged SI's personal life, I called out on the TM for that. I have no special love or special hate for any fandom here. 

And if you expect people won't make fun of those who are tweeting to the PM for the injustice served, well that can never be the case. Nobody is a saint, if people embarrass themselves publicly like that, others would laugh. 

If you feel people contesting SI's popularity is extreme or is bashing her fandom in anyway I can't help it. I don't know what's so offending about it if somebody thinks her popularity is hyped. 

As for humor, yes I do get the humor, more so the sarcasm in your post. I certainly don't hold anything against you, you have every right to express yourself in any way you want till it isn't genuinely offensive. What I don't get however is why can't a debate be held in good humor?  
Edited by .LoveLife. - 8 years ago
Indiana_Jones thumbnail
I  agree ,
Sanaya  fans  have crossed  their limits . It  was  expected  as her fandom consist  of  people  of  ages especially  kids of 10-15. I was damn sure that faisal will be bashed very badly if he wins because the fandom expected a lot and they worked hard and was over confident because in the past  seasons all those who had won are non deserving untrained dancers. So it would be highly disappointing for them. What is more funny  is that fans of past season winners are ready  to preach  on  who  is deserving and who is not 😆
I do feel  the Neutral members of the forum (though they r a very few) did   over react . As far as i have  seen  none of  her fans on IF made any instigating post or used  vulgar language  against  faisal and his family.
What  ever  it is, it  happened on twitter.  people should solve all these issues on  twitter  only and not bring it  here  and bash the  entire fandom !  How  can everyone be so sure that the ones who bashed on twitter are the  same ones on  IF.
Almost  all celebs get  bashed/trolled on twitter it is not a new thing!
If DD  had  lost in season 6 then  her  fans  would  have reacted the  same way  and  i  am double sure about that!
Its  a  problem  with all  large fandom so just stop blaming one.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Glad to know you didn't mean to offend anyone and I want you to know I didn't mean to offend you or anyone either
I have to say I am very Impressed with your knowledge of Sanaya and her fans, you are like an encyclopedia

(For some reason I am reminded of a funny line from an old HW movie is "She happened to know every gossip in town...  whether it happened or not..."  Sorry if nobody else finds this line funny 😊)

Your lengthy (non-bashing) post replying my post has opened my eyes...  So I am going take a chill pill, calm down, drink water or lemonade, have a sense of humor 😊
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .LoveLife.

@TM please refer to my post in response to Betti. I have answered your questions there. As for your question that how do you know those who instigated during season 6 were SI fans, you can check the post was made by a member called Saladonkey. If he/she isn't an SI fan then who is? And yes when that post was opened many who had nothing to do with SI and DD too jumped in. 

As for your point regarding retaliation in extreme. You really need to see what people are doing on social media and the reaction to it that you see here is not extreme at all as compared to that. Though there was one post that unfairly dragged SI's personal life, I called out on the TM for that. I have no special love or special hate for any fandom here. 

And if you expect people won't make fun of those who are tweeting to the PM for the injustice served, well that can never be the case. Nobody is a saint, if people embarrass themselves publicly like that, others would laugh. 

If you feel people contesting SI's popularity is extreme or is bashing her fandom in anyway I can't help it. I don't know what's so offending about it if somebody thinks her popularity is hyped. 

As for humor, yes I do get the humor, more so the sarcasm in your post. I certainly don't hold anything against you, you have every right to express yourself in any way you want till it isn't genuinely offensive. What I don't get however is why can't a debate be held in good humor?  

@ Lovelife - Although you got the humor and sarcasm in my post,  you missed the point here. It was strictly a take on the situation of the forum from the eyes of an SI fan. 

It was never meant to defend the section of fans who were involved in bashing in Faisal or others. Or to berate Faisal fans who were defending him. It was just my take on the tribulations an SI fan has to suffer, for whatever reason...which is something only a fellow Sanaya fan would understand.

I am well informed about the happenings on FB or Twitter, but I purposely didn't drag that here because there is an IF rule that states matters of FB or Twitter should be left there. Call me old fashioned or whatever, I prefer to abide by these rules.

I don't think contesting SI's popularity is extreme or bashing in any way, but I do find it funny how the people who say Faisal's talent won over Sanaya's popularity, say that she isn't even popular the next minute. Either you think she is popular or you don't. It can't be both... Or that Sanaya doesn't thank her fans. How do people come up with such things? And if people can have a laugh at SI fans twitting Modi, then I don't see why SI fans can't have good laugh on such ridiculous comments.

I know a lot of horrible stuff happened on Twitter, but to think all SI fans who are present here on IF took part in those is totally wrong.

For someone, who isn't a fan of Sanaya, you are very well informed about her shows, her forums and her ex-costars interview. I am curious to know how you manage to do. Sure, you could have a general interest, but the extent of your knowledge surpasses the level of general interest.

Does it really make sense to discuss who started it first on a public forum? Isn't it the same as the egg vs. chicken debate? It is never one side who's at the receiving end. All of us have been here since forever and nobody knows for sure who or when it started and how. Body shaming is never acceptable no matter who does it...and let me tell you that I fully understand how another fandom would feel about it because Sanaya has been body shamed too...and bashed in the worst possible way. So there is no reason to think we are the only perpetrators and never the victims and we deserve to get bashed. No, we don't deserve it any more than any other group. 

Anyway, the purpose of this post wasn't to indulge in a debate with you or anyone else for that matter. It was meant for other SI fans, so that we could all just laugh it off.  You misunderstood the whole point and came here to have a serious debate. Not that you aren't welcome, but just that it wasn't my intention in the first place. 

Edited by incandescent - 8 years ago
SpellofJoy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Betti

Other things I learned about Sanaya from this forum:

Dancing is her true passion more than acting so she should be a professional dancer

She has danced in so many( actually infinite number of) award shows which equals to being professionally trained dancer

MM has never danced once in his life before Jhalak, so he is the real non-dancer of this show not Sanaya

Really? None of this is true

lol😆
OnepoundChic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The funny thing is all of those defending faisal and preaching sanaya fans are mostly not faisal fans and are those who have been involved in massive bashing their selves. 

Secondly its funny too how people mention that sanaya fans said faisal didn't deserve the trophy but don't mention that they have been constantly mocking that sanaya is going to win only because she is popular.If sanaya fans were demeaning faisal's hard work then what are you doing.? 

And thirdly the same people who are telling sanaya fans to stop each and every fan personally on twitter to stop making hate posts on faisal are the ones who are not stopping their own respective fans to stop making hate posts on sanaya.Why not?Why only preaching us? If dragging the personal life of faisal was wrong then why are you dragging personal life of sanaya now? Is that became right when it comes to sanaya? If not then why are you not stopping EACH AND EVERY FAN PERSONALLY? Now seems like a tough job,no?

Now you will say it all came out as an out come to sanaya fan's reaction then why don't you understand what some sanaya fans are doing is also a reaction.i know,we know its wrong but how exactly to stop them can you kindly explain? 
Edited by OnepoundChic - 8 years ago