Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: PriteeMisra

SVM, i stay in suburbs of mumbai. My travel time is anywhere between 3.5 to 4.5 hours (local train, metro and rick being mode of commuting. If entirely by road then I don't even want to estimate it.

😲😭
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PriteeMisra

SVM, i stay in suburbs of mumbai. My travel time is anywhere between 3.5 to 4.5 hours (local train, metro and rick being mode of commuting. If entirely by road then I don't even want to estimate it.

😭😭 OMG...Hats off to you...my SIL used to live in Nalasopara and work near Opera House... I have always commuted in my growing up years... by public transport... walk...local train bus to reach school and college ...i commute interstate but there are certain hot spots in Bangalore that drive you nuts...I love traveling  commute time is depressing found condition the same in Pune day before...
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Hats off to u people who hav to go through traffic daily it is really a pain!!
Ok I m off now hav to make heavy food now including poori , Choley , kheer , and many more as there is an offering at home today. Will catch the update when get time till then bye ladies and hav fun nd enjoy
πŸ˜‰
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: moonwearer

😭😭 OMG...Hats off to you...my SIL used to live in Nalasopara and work near Opera House... I have always commuted in my growing up years... by public transport... walk...local train bus to reach school and college ...i commute interstate but there are certain hot spots in Bangalore that drive you nuts...I love traveling  commute time is depressing found condition the same in Pune day before...

No worries, this time is purely Sosy time now unless have a friend with me.
And have met some really amazing and inspiring people during these travel hours. 
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: moonwearer

😭😭 OMG...Hats off to you...my SIL used to live in Nalasopara and work near Opera House... I have always commuted in my growing up years... by public transport... walk...local train bus to reach school and college ...i commute interstate but there are certain hot spots in Bangalore that drive you nuts...I love traveling commute time is depressing found condition the same in Pune day before...

Agreed Sri...
I have been to Pune last year.. It is almost the same mess like Bangalore... Atleast Bangalore is still left with greenery whereas Pune is very dry... .
Before I used to complain about traffic.. But now stopped... If mobile network is working and charge is there in phone I am the happiest person.. I keep going through my favorite SoSY chapters.. Foochar updates fascinates more n more 😳Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Ashu, don't be Eid ka Chand.
What are you doing these days?
Hope all exams over.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mrs Iyer & Mr Bhalla

Ranjan suspected there was something wrong with his DIL he cautiously walked out to the balcony, she gently wiped tears and didnt look at him

"amma naa vekaren" she whispered

"Call me at night kanna u can hear Shubhang coo on the phone, evening la sema mood la irukkum vaal" Amma gushed with pride
(The baby is in his element in the evenings)

"Shravu vaal enna panradu" II asked about Shravu

"He is a handful, Vandu worries what to do with him, she is unable to spend time with him, Bala is running between Munirka and DII, paavam kozhandai" Amma lamented

"Does he play with Nandu?"

"Sam calls me EVERYDAY!!! She  insists she will send lunch dinner... she has a young child too... whenever she makes anything sweet, ice cream, cake, mithai... I have so many of her containers" Ammawas sheepish

"she is awfully nice Amma" II nodded

"she comes by for 10 or 15 minutes between her social calls... and running around with kids" Amma sighed

"Aunty bura mat maan na main khaoongi nahi kuch bas mujhe filter coffee deejiye"  kepol aval" Amma's voice choked up

"Paavam tai illa kozhandaigal" (kids without their mother) Amma cleared her throat repeatedly

Ii grunted unable to speak

"she will sit on the sofa and say "Bas aap mere paas baitho aunty, I dont want to eat anything, kitchen mein lage rehte ho... baithiye na please" Amma laughed

"she is too cute"

"ishita be patient and kind kanna u will get everything in life" Amma said firmly

"Easy for YOu to say" II sniffled

"Edu seruppa" (lagaoon ek?) Amma asked

Ii laughed hanging up

"Lada tumse?" Ranjan the jasoos asked
She turned startled

"NOOO"

"Sach sach bol puttar" he ordered

"Arey he went to work early... and he just me a text with pictures of two Chinese dudes" Ii laughed
And scrolled...  her text page

A picture and a half smile emoji

Two Chinese guys stared at the camera like they werent ready to be photographed

Ranjan looked confused

"INKA PHOTO?" he asked

"Umm... I...

AYYO DONT U DARE TELL HIM
U WHINED ABOUT DUDE'S CLEAN SHAVEN FACE

DONT
DAD WILL LAUGH AT U
PLEASE DONT DI

"Umm... I dont know" II lied

"Yeh ajeeb hai" Ranjan looked more confused

"IKR" " he does strange things" II nodded innocently

Manya was jet lagged, she curled up and slept on the couch

Ii didnt know what to do

An idea struck her... "shop alone?"

"dad... aap chalenge?" she asked

"Kidhar beta?"

"Champs Elysees" II butchered the words

Ranjan made a face  "Maine subah se video feed dekha bhi nahi puttar... I also look at the cars on the repair bay, I look at morning deliveries at showrooms

Navartre chalu honey waale hain, all showrooms are packed, I had a allocation call with Maruti... festival time they never ramp up
production, and I have a huge backlog I need to deliver on, har saal wohi drama" Ranjan shook his head frustratedly

"U shud buy Maruti" II coaxed cutely

"I am applying for Merc dealership license, they are planningt o build in Maharashtra, dekha na?"

II nodded

"I like to sell, there is no fun in MAKING puttar jee" he chuckled

She hugged him

TIGHT!!!

"Yeh kis liye?"

"Edo oru reason" she spoke in Tamil

"Kya matlab?"

"there is a reason" she smiled wide

He hugged her back

"Jeeti reh gudiya"

"i am going to feast on candy and go shopping" she smiled

Made pulao, or set everything up in the rice cooker, hit start... for Ranjan and Manya's lunch

Fixed herself a fruit spread toast
Changed into another pretty floral dress, a grey sweater on top, thongs on her feet, tentatively brought a blanket over from Ranjan's bed and draped Manya

Ranjan noticed that as he walked out of the bedroom

II brought her purse from the office and realized... she didnt have money or cards... she had Indian rupees in India...
She hadnt brought anything from India, just her phone... and laptop bag

Her laptop bag might contain Rs.500 or Rs1,000 in change thats it...

II slowed down and walked to the kitchen and sat down

she opened her purse... A wad of Euros sat in it

Ranjan was getting... a bottle of beer...

"Purse to laayi nahi gudiya" he said

"HE TOOK MY THINGS" II shrieked

Ranjan chuckled

"I have everything" II argued

Ranjan nodded

"Phir theek hai" he nodded innocently

"He is not giving me my stuff back"

"Teri cheez churayi usne?" Ranjan pretended to be menacing

"I didnt DO  athing... I mean if I had pulled a prank then it wud make sense no?"

GENIUS!!!
AYYYOOO
DID U HAVE TO SAY THAT?
NOW HE KNOWS
PRIZED WHIZ U ARE

Ranjan nodded confused

"Umm... thanks Dad... I will spend it only if u will take it back" II said somberly

"arey sood ke saath le langa puttar jee"

"I am not kidding"

"Tey main keda kid kar raha si?" Ranjan said

"Mera phone le ja beta, International roaming hai" he fished his phone out handing to her

"I have my phone too"

He nodded

she stepped out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He called her 10 minutes later, she didnt hear it ring in her purse crossing the street at 8th Arrondissement

He called his Dad

"Is she asleep?"

"On a call" Ranjan texted

R&B waited 40 painful minutes Ranjan put his call on hold and called his son back

"where is she?" he asked impatiently

"she went out"

"WHERE?" he panicked

"Champs Elysees" he said

"with Manya?" he asked smugly

"No Manya is asleep"

"ALONE?" "Why did u let her go?" R&B demanded

Ranjan was startled

"U live on 8th... the Champs is right behind the Arc de Triomphe... ghar se 7 min lagta hai... chalkar gayi hai" Ranjan pooh poohed his worry

"She doesnt answer the phone or carry her phone" R&B bit out😑

"SHE JUST LEFT" Ranjan argued

"Did she say where she was going?" R&B asked😲

"No... there are only a 1000 stores on that strip" Ranjan said amused

"Even if there were 10 she would find a way to get lost" R&B panicked😳

EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hello and good morning/good evening.

Preeti, πŸ˜†. When you are here or we are there, we shall do the same treasure hunt, worry not!

Weekend is almost just there! End of the year is also almost just there!
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Bhaago bhaago bhaago R&B! Chase her down at Arc de Triomphe, swing her in an arc and kiss her senseless πŸ˜†  Aranda vaal II, romba kurumbu (naughty II)
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
"ALONE?" "Why did u let her go?" R&B demanded

In the whole update I loved this line ❀️
I am going to read it again...
😳