|| AbhiGya OS - Te Amo ||

BombayPonnu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello there people!!
I'm back with yet another OS for you guys..

This one is basically inspired from a true love story that i really adore. I've taken that as the base and added a lot of my 'Maslala' to it.. 

Hope it's fun to read because i really loved writing it.. And finished it in less than an hour..

- Priya :)

AbhiGya OS : Te Amo

"How can they not have place for one child? I mean.. How much difference does that make. Look at my Pragya. She's so thin that she hardly needs any space. And moreover, they are losing out on a good student. My daughter excels everywhere she goes." My mother went on.

"Ma.. I don't mind going to St. Paul's. Why are you so obsessed with getting me into Bombay Scottish?" I said irritated. Oh my mother can get so nagging at times! It's frustrating! She thinks her daughter, me i mean, is the best in the world and I should get a red carpet welcome wherever I go.

Oh, by the way, I'm Pragya Arora. We, my parents and brother Purab and I, shifted here to Mumbai in the last month from Kolkatta due to dad's job. My dad, Rajesh Arora, is an executive in a multinational and my mother, Sarla Arora is a kindergarten and primary school teacher. My brother is done with his school. He got into Xaviers, The best college in Mumbai for arts and is gonna pursue literature. Oh he's such a padhaku! As for me, well, im in the eighth standard, still trying to get admission into some school.

The thing is, it's midterm and the seats are all full. My mother wants me to go to Bombay Scottish because she heard the ladies 'she recently made friends with' tell that it was one of the best around.  Well, I don't mind going to St. Paul's which is much more closer to home and is not that bad as well. My neighbour, Aaliya goes there and she's nice.

Dad and bhai left for their respective jobs after breakfast while i sat with my newly purchased books to just go through them. Well, i was finished with quite some stuff in my old school, but, Aaliya told me that it was exam season in less than a month which meant even if i got admission now, i would have no time to prepare for exams. So why not right now, i thought.

"Pragyaaa" i heard maa shout from the kitchen. I ran downstairs to check what was wrong and i saw her standing with a wide grin near the telephone. I raised my eyebrows, asking her what was wrong. "You got into Bombay Scottish, beta. Some boy named Abhishek Mehra has left the school and they can tale you in." 

I smiled back, more at ma's excitement and sent a silent thanks to the unseen boy! Afterall, he had managed to save me from ma's lectures and i could begin school. I didn't want to miss out on a year. That would be bad. Also, ma was happy and that mattered the most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was two months now since i was in that school. My exams went well. I had actually managed to top, thanks to my previous school and my early preparations. I had also made a few good friends.

"Pragsss... Guess what!" Rachna squealed as she entered the washroom with a thud. "What is it Rach?" Is asked her, curious to know the reason for her excitement. "He's coming back! Abhi has joined back and he's gonna be coming since Monday!" She said jumping in happiness. I saw a few other girls go all awww on the fact. Some already started discussing their looks and the alterations it needed. 

"Who Abhi?" I asked rach, now wanting to know more about this boy. "Abhishek Mehra!! He's the reason you're here." She said as if i should have known that. Like why would i know about Abhishek Mehra? Is he a celebrity kid that i should know about him! Hfmp! I remembered Ma mention him the day i got the call for admission. But if he had gone, why is he coming back?

"He's like the stud out here. So many girls were disappointed when he wanted to leave. His parents wanted to put him in a better school but i guess, he didn't do well there. So they decided to get him back here." Rachna said as if reading my mind. I simply nodded my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Monday, the day for his arrival. My gang had kinda filled me with details about him in the past week and i really thought he was an attention seeker from what they said. He was supposedly the topper always and he looked charming. But, why would should I care! 

I walked into the class when i bumped into someone. All my books and me were on the floor. I looked up to see who it was. There was this tall guy, tanned looks and chocolate eyes. He looked at me once and walked away. I had never seen him before and he was in my class. Wait. He must be the one, my mind registered. I got up immediately and followed him. "Hey! Aren't you supposed to apologise?" I called out. He turned, gave me a smirk, winked and walked away. And i hated him from that instant.  I topped the exam again that semester and then, he hated me all the more.

Two years went by. We avoided each other as much as we could. By now, everyone knew our equation. I had dated Suresh during this period while he was with this chipku called Tanu. That girl wouldn't leave him alone even for a moment and wouldn't leave chances of throwing herself over him. Not that i cared, but come on. You're in school. Behave!

So, we went on this school trip to Matheran for a couple of days. Me and Surry, as i called Suresh then, had recently broken up. Reason? He found Bulbul, another classmate and a very dear friend prettier and wanted to be with her. Bulbul had outright rejected him. Two reasons. One, she hated him for what he did to me. Two, though she never accepted, i knew she had a crush on Purab bhai. I'd seen her ogling at him whenever she came home and he was around. 

Suresh, then came back to me and apologised. He wanted to get back together. Oh what an idiot he is!  I don't know if I should've laughed or been angry. I just smirked and walked away from him and the tents saying "No!" 

I had been sitting at the cliff end for quite sometime now, admiring the orange hue of the setting sun and the birds returning home to their families. Oh i missed mom dad and all the masti with Bhai already! "Mind if i join?" I heard a voice and looked up to see him. I quickly wiped my tears and looked at him confused. "Don't worry, i wont eat you up!" he chuckled. I giggled too and nodded in yes.

"Missing home?" He asked and i nodded. "Me too!" He said. "I heard that. You and suresh.. I wanted to tell you this long back. I'd heard him telling someone that he wanted to get to Bul through you. But then, I didn't know how you'd take it. Im sorry!" He apoligised. I looked up to see his face and he looked so sincere at the moment. "Im glad it's over!" I smiled at him.

"Hey! You know what!" He said with a big grin. 

Oh he actually looked adorable. "Wait Pragya! You think HE is adorable? You hated him!" My mind voice told me. "Yeah! But he is sweet! He apologised.. And his smile.. It's so cute! Its adorable" I replied. "Oh God! Looks like all the mills and boons you've been reading is taking a toll on you!" The mind voice said again.  

"Pragyaaa" he shouted.. I heard four more voices shout back my name one after the other. I laughed and he smiled looking at me. "Go on, try it!" He said with a goofy smile. "Abhiii" i screamed and looked at him. That moment had changed everything. We went as enemies and came back as friends.

"Hey Prags! I need to talk to you.." He said on the last day of school. Me and Abhi were the best of friends now. He had broken up with Tanu as well. Everyone was shocked at this sudden change in our equation but they were happy that they were spared of all the drama we created.

"Yeah Abhi.." I asked him walking towards the class. The whole school was gathered into the auditorium for the farewell. I was backstage after my dance performance when abhi had told me to meet him in our class.

"Prags.. See, I've been meaning to talk to you for quite sometime now.. But i was scared coz I didn't wanna lose you alright., so whatever i say, if you don't like it, dont let it harm our friendship." He said rather nervously. 

"Prags!" He said coming ahead and holding my hand. "I love you! I've been in love with you for quite sometime now." He said and paused to check my reaction. I smiled a bit and asked him to go on. "I've always liked you. You were different, Right from the start. You never gave me attention. I was initially very pissed off but that was the stupid me. Slowly i realised how intelligent and beautiful you are. It's a rare combination to find, you see. And being selfish, i want you for myself!" He said. 

A broad smile appeared on my face."I really like you too Abhi. I wanna give us a chance"  i said and saw the smile spread on his face as well. His face reflected my happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been over three years now. Things were steady. Me and Abhi were still together and going strong. Our parents knew about us. They initially were against it thinking it was just infatuation but we stayed strong. He was doing his engineering while i was doing my Chartered Accountancy.

It was the 26th of July, 2005. It had been raining constantly for over 48 hours and the city was flooded. I had gone to college thinking things would eventually settle down but they didnt. The locals halted because the tracks were filled with water. Without another option, i got off the still train and started walking along the tracks like a lot of other people. The next station was a bit far off and i would have to walk quite some distance. 

I was a little scared when i saw a few 'tapori' sitting along the tracks and ogling at people. I avoided looking at them and walked ahead swiftly. I halted when i heard someone screaming my name. There he was, my knight in shining armour, running towards me. I was so relieved. He had called me sometime back asking me about my whereabouts. He was really mad that i ventured about in this rain.

"I was so scared. Why couldn't you have stayed at home!" He asked hugging me right there. It felt heavenly. I cant express how happy i was to see him there! And that moment i knew, he was my Mr. Perfect for life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pragyaaa" i heard Bulbul, my best friend and my bhabhi call out. "Are we done? Dulhe raja is getting impatient out there." She screamed. "In a minute bul's! Coming!" I said and checked myself in the mirror one last time. I lovingly touched the watch in my hand. My father in law gave that to me when i cleared my CA and thats a gift i cherish the most. Wanna know why? It said Abhi and Pragya in the dial.

"Oh my God, Prags! Abhi is gonna have his mouth hanging! You look extraordinary!" She gasped.. "Thanks bhabs! Should we go!" I replied, blushing. I knew if i waited more, bul would make me go all red. "Someone's in a hurry!" She giggled. "Not As much as you were one year ago!" I smartly turned the tables on her. She blushed hard, probably thinking of her wedding with bhai last year.

I saw everyone's attention shift towards me as i walked into the Grand hall of Alila Diva, Goa. We always wanted our to be a destination wedding and what better than Goa! Its paradise. I scanned the whole room once and looked at the smiling faces of friends and family. My mom and dad had tears in their eyes that their daughter was all grown up and going away. Bhai look at me proud. He had always been proud of me. No matter what! That made me a lil emotional. Bul lovingly rubbed my arm and smiled at me. 

I then saw mummyji and papaji, his parents. They had been eagerly waiting to have a daughter in their house to control the two monkeys.. Abhi and his lil brother Aakash. They smiled nodded at me and that brought a smile on my face. And then, my gaze met his.

He had this look I couldn't really understand. Wonder shock and happiness all mixed into one, he told me later! Something flipped in my stomach as i realised life was going to change in a matter of minutes now. I was nervous and excited. Bulbul slowly led me to the mandap. 
"You're all mine.. Today, tomorrow and forever!" He whispered as he leaned in to tie the mangalsutra. "Ditto" i whispered blushing. Bulbul and aakash coughed as they witnessed this small exchange.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i stood by the window of our suite, looking as the sea merged with the sky. The moon was shining bright and it looked serene. The sound of waves cashing on the shore had this soothing effect on me. I turned as i heard the door click. He entered the room with the goofy smile that i really love.

"So woman, after 11 years of waiting and dating, we finally become Mrs and Mr Mehra!" He grinned. I smiled and launched myself at him and we both landed on the bed, me over him. 
"Love you, Prags!" He said.
"Love you more, Abhi" i replied!

Okay! Thats all for now folks.. Yet again.. This is long..
Lemme know if you'll are awake with your comments!

Buddy Iyeristic_PM for notifications on my updates..

Love!
Edited by BeingIyeristic - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-harini- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Res res resss

Unres!

Very very sweet OS!!! Had a smile throughout ! High school love ❤️ and real life story eh? God bless the couple 🤗
So glad you wrote this! Loved reading it Priyaaa❤️ and love you too italics 😆Edited by -harini- - 8 years ago
aswinmaja thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Very nice and cute os thanks for pm
-haleemzz- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
they stayed long
that was a sweet os
abhigya since high school
that was sweet
amazing
like the name
Edited by KIHminnie123 - 8 years ago
--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aww what a love story! All the way from high school to marriage! Loved it! 
Raji9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
fairy tale OS .. 

rhea.aa thumbnail
It's like I was watching a movie. Such a cute read. 
Thank you for the PM. :)
sudanindia2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Aww it's like a beautiful dream 
Tri... thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Really loved it darling !!!!
I love your style and the story, It's a nice love story
(Suresh always has the wrong role 😆)
Mysterious7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awwwieee what a cute story...bless the real life couple :)...thank you for sharing this as an Abhigya OS :)...