Riteish wanted Elli Avram replaced in Housefull 3?

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

I don't know what happened'

Elli Avram, who was replaced in Housefull 3, says she had no idea Riteish Deshmukh had reservations about being paired with her

Upala KBR

Housefull3 has gone through its merry-go-round in casting as far as the actresses are concerned. While the male lead was locked with Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh, Esha Gupta who was approached for the film earlier, was replaced by Nargis Fakhri. And Elli Avram who was approached to play the romantic lead opposite been Riteish Deshmukh was replaced by Lisa Haydon.

A source says, "Producer Sajid Nadiadwala and directors Sajid-Farhad were keen to cast Elli in the film. Almost everything from money to the dates was finalised, but Riteish had his reservations.

Says an insider, "He felt he deserved a bigger heroine to be paired with him. He requested his producer and director and that's how Lisa was cast."

When quizzed about it, Elli admits. "To my knowledge I am not doing the film. I met Sajid (Nadiadwala) for Housefull3 where he briefed me about the project. I even met Sajid and Farhad who seemed keen to cast me, but I don't know what happened after that as they didn't get back to me. I don't know if Riteish expressed his reservations, maybe he did. But it was certainly disappointing that it didn't work out."

Elli adds defiantly, "It's fine! I am getting lots of offers after the trailer of my film Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon with Kapil Sharma. I don't want to rush things now. I am in a very excited and happy space."

Published Date:  Aug 27, 2015

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.aspx?id=81988&boxid=41050&ed_date=2015-08-27&ed_code=820004&ed_page=6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoThanks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wasn't this a blind yesterday?
😆

Nargis Fakhri is a bigger and better heroine? Okay then. 😆
these goriyas of Salman, someone needs to collect them all and Salman and ship them all away to whereever they came from and Salman along with Luli off to Romania all of these goris and Salman should never be allowed to enter India again. India ka hareem kar rakha hai yeh admi 😡
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
During Bigg Boss days, Elli thought she would become an overnight superstar as if people were just waiting to sign her.. Instead, the same Armaan who she looked down upon when asked whether she would star opposite him, has got a potentially good role in PRDP and she is nowhere.. 
BeingChevi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sigh. Knew something was up. She mentioned some time back that she landed a big project, but she wasn't able to speak about it and she was seen hanging with Amy Jackson. Not that the female roles in Housefull really make any impact - it would've still been cool to see her in a film that is backed by a big production house which could've led to other offers. Doubt this Kapil Sharma movie is really gonna do wonders for her career. Elli's worked on her hindi and speaks in it as much as she can even if it's broken and the best thing is that she doesn't have a strong accent and she's a pretty good dancer - hope she gets another opportunity soon. Yupp, still a fan 😆 ❤️ 

As for Riteish.. enjoy the "step up" Nargis. 😆 Oh and that blind was on point 😆
Edited by BeingChevi - 8 years ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I too thought she was till saw the poster or still with the cast !!
Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
why thou? I mean I like Ritesh but Elli is just as talented(maybe more) or relevant as Lisa & Nargis. I doubt this movie is some big art house movie that focuses on acting, just another mindless comedy. 
Infact he would look better next to Elli compared to Lisa.