Shruti Seth steps in for Nia Sharma in a comedy show (article)

Cheenu1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Shruti says, "It's difficult. The
other actors are pulling my leg saying in the
previous show I read out from the
teleprompter, while they had to mug up
their lines. Now, I am on the other side of
the fence, along with them." Incidentally, Nia
Sharma was first offered the project, but the
deal fell through. Reveals a source
associated with the show, "The channel
which airs Nia's daily soap didn't want her
to participate in a show on a rival channel."
Not wanting to blame anyone, Nia confirms,
"Yes, it's true. I feel it could have been a
good opportunity for me to explore a new
genre."
Ask Shruti about replacing Nia in the show
and she replies, "I am aware that they were
in talks with another actress, but I didn't ask
them for details. I would say that it was
meant to come to me and hence, it found
me. I can only thank the other actress."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cheenu1 thumbnail
I just want to kill this idiot channel zee.
skinnypal thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
zee yaar... uff.. i feel due to zee only ravi didnt do jdj... and again due to zee nia cant do another show.. it would have been fun to watch her try out something new! πŸ˜•
Cheenu1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: skinnypal

zee yaar... uff.. i feel due to zee only ravi didnt do jdj... and again due to zee nia cant do another show.. it would have been fun to watch her try out something new!πŸ˜•

stars of colors channel r very lucky in this matter. πŸ˜”
rosesidni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

zee yaar... uff.. i feel due to zee only ravi didnt do jdj... and again due to zee nia cant do another show.. it would have been fun to watch her try out something new! πŸ˜•

Ya, that happens.. Mohit Malik had to quit from his show Doli armaan to participate in JDJ.. And even star plus has such clause,  I remember Gia Manek (previous Gopi bahu) quiting Saathiya to participate in JDJ.. But I don't think Ravi and Nia would quit JR for some other show.. Maybe they can participate in these shows in future seasons when JR goes off air😊
abinaya98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zoopassion

Ya, that happens.. Mohit Malik had to quit from his show Doli armaan to participate in JDJ.. And even star plus has such clause,  I remember Gia Manek (previous Gopi bahu) quiting Saathiya to participate in JDJ.. But I don't think Ravi and Nia would quit JR for some other show.. Maybe they can participate in these shows in future seasons when JR goes off air😊

Noo..nivi wil not quit Jr...ya..true day...they can do it later...I too want nia nd Ravi in other shows..so DAT we can see them in week ends..too😊
YD.AH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wish she gets the chance later 
skinnypal thumbnail

Originally posted by: zoopassion

yep... i know nivi are quiet professional and the show is working out for both of them so they can not leave JR for some reality show, which they can always do later on! But still, if they did participate in other shows we could have seen them.. πŸ˜­
rosesidni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

yep... i know nivi are quiet professional and the show is working out for both of them so they can not leave JR for some reality show, which they can always do later on! But still, if they did participate in other shows we could have seen them.. πŸ˜­

Look at the brighter side Pal.. It is a blessing in disguise.. We don't have to see their body doublesπŸ˜† In most shows where the leads are doing another show, they use body doubles or make slight changes in the story line to make up for their absence...  I hate body doubles esp for SidNi, so may be its a good thing they are not doing other shows..
skinnypal thumbnail
Rose - that is also very true!! i cannot imagine a body double for sidni!! πŸ˜› im already so fedup of DD's body double.. but a comedy show wouldn't have taken much of her time i guess, when compared to dance reality shows!