to add more layers!

ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
hi everyone!

since we all have started watching jodha akbar again and then i watched this movie manjhi the mountain man which has been haunting me since i have watched it, and here i am thinking what was so unique in the story and the characters that made me so glued on to the movie even though it never had an ounce of glamor in it..and then i realized that even though its an inspiring real story it is the actors that bring the characters into life..and here we all are familiar with nawazzudin's skills and i must say that radhika aapte was a surprise package for me since i have not seen any of her films or shows before, indeed both were brilliant and bought different layers to the character and made the characters look real!

now when i come to jodha akbar i feel that something is missing! why i have to ff all amer scenes or i would  say any scenes related to jodha...is paridhi sharma the actress not capable enough to capture the heart of the viewers? what is it?..i think the answer is that jalal's character is showing various layers..sometimes he is cruel..sometimes he is extra protective about his dear ones..and sometimes he is over ambitious..now these are the layers which make a character interesting..and not only that it also depends how convincingly rajat tokas the actor plays such emotions..he is a treat to watch and we all agree to it!..even though paridhi is an eye candy and has been brilliant in few scenes but i think if she had added more layers to the character convincingly then she would have taken this show to another level and we all would have had enjoyed each and every scene... i saw that quality in radhika aapte who lived the role in such a convincing way!..here i am not bashing paridhi but i am wishing that she was more flexible and comfortable in bringing out the different layers of the character especially she lacked big time in showing her emotions when the romantic phase started and even when she was in the hatred phase she could not bring the hatred which i was looking for , instead it was very preachy and proud outlook!...anyway this is my pov, would love to hear what you all have to say as far as adding layers to the character is concerned and here i am just referring to the episodes of jodha akbar that comparatively had better script and screenplay than later ones!
Edited by ghalibmirza - 8 years ago