Lust is the alter-ego of love: Ravi Behl

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Human relationships are very complex. Does a formula for a perfect relationship exist? How essential are love, lust, aggression, jealousy and passion in a relationship?

Lust is the alter-ego of love: Ravi Behl

One of young movers n' shakers and the leading force behind Sony's mega success dance show "Boogie Woogie", television producer / anchor, Ravi Behl, shares his thoughts on the travails and tribulations of the human heart.

Love for me is the "motion" with "emotion".

Lust is the alter-ego of love. Its the "motion" without "emotion". It's the most fantastic and beautiful feeling in the world. It is something which inspires trust and can only be completed if you trust someone. It is not to be confused with sex. A dirty word these days ,to many, but regardless, a beautiful concept.

I am a typical Punjabi guy and am the jealous type. I know I really care for someone when I am jealous of my girl or long-term partner. However, there is a difference between jealousy and over possessiveness which can be claustrophobic. If you are secure in your relationship than flirtatiousness, flattery and attention on others wouldn't be so important. In the film industry there is a tendency to dilute intentions and sway honour. As a man I wouldn't go out of my way to make my woman jealous, but it is the nature of our business, at times, to deal with temptation and at time we are all human and fallible and bow down to it.

For a man aggression may be confused for passion at times. Men by virtue of their nature are naturally bolder and more audacious than their feminine counterparts and this spills over into other parts of their lives. Thus, the manner in which they handle their lives, their loves, their women, their money defines the level of their aggression and in many ways their passion. Aggression and money also go hand-in-hand. If I had to choose between money and love I would honestly have to say both. You need one to satisfy the other. I think those days are gone where people suffered on love and fresh air in the pursuit of an ideal. I think today love between two people is based on compatibility, mutual goals, lifestyle, interests and the manner in which they complement and complete one and other. I think the foundation of a successful relationship is a 50-50 partnership. Anyone that thinks otherwise wants a wimp as a partner. You have to meet each other half-way or there really is nothing there. When I was dating a girl from South Africa we used to meet in the Maldives.(laughs)

I would say passion is the intensity of something when you crave for that something. It can occur in all forms of your life. You can have passion for women, family, and career. I am passionate about my love, my love for life, and my career. I think, especially for men, its a particular life-force. If you aren't passionate about yourself, your life or your work, I think you are an object in motion rather than an individual with a spirit. Plus, I think women like passionate men. (laughs) Because I think passion and truth are inseparable. Just as love and truth which too are interchangeable. I think passion means two different things to men and women. For a man passion symbolizes drive. For a woman it is a synonym for vivacious. By vivaciousness I mean that joie de vivre. She should have the personality to light up a room when she walks in. To fill the room with her presence.

Source:Shaadi Times