Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bubble_gum thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
WHo do the Readers' Digest think they are?

I bet they're biased or something like that cos they might be New Yorkers themselves! New Yorkers are the nicest - My foot!!! 😡 😳 I know a friend who went to NYC and she said 8/10 people were rude.

I just love Mumbai. It might be a third world city but still, the people have lovely hearts, they're really sweet and they're always there to help you.

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mrs.Eishu.SRK

I read that survey too and honestly found it quite lame.

I've been to Mumbai several times and i absoluetly LOVE it ! 😃

The couldnt care less attitude , the masti, and the glamour reminds me a lot about my own city back home hence i can never feel homesick in Mumbai. And the people of Bombay are quite sweet 😳

Surprisingly, i didnt find New York very rude either....i guess it just depends on the way you are with people. If you're friendly, they're friendly. But if you go and and like a stuck up snob, then I don't think you can expect them to be very nice either.

As I said, I met a number of rude people in New York and I am certainly not a stuck-up snob! In fact, stuck-up snobs are not going to be well-treated anywhere in the world!

There was one ticketing agent who was rude for no reason at all. There was someone from housekeeping in the hotel I stayed, who rudely asked me to clear the room because she was going to vacuum it. I was surprised because even in a 2-star hotel in India, I would not have been talked to in this way. I saw a policeman who was extremely rude to my friend when he just asked for directions to go somewhere.

Of course, I won't label all New-Yorkers as rude. I really think it is not possible to generalise that way. I met some of the nicest people in Washington DC, but I wouldn't like to generalise and say that all people there are very nice.
Lady In Pink thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

As I said, I met a number of rude people in New York and I am certainly not a stuck-up snob! In fact, stuck-up snobs are not going to be well-treated anywhere in the world!

There was one ticketing agent who was rude for no reason at all. There was someone from housekeeping in the hotel I stayed, who rudely asked me to clear the room because she was going to vacuum it. I was surprised because even in a 2-star hotel in India, I would not have been talked to in this way. I saw a policeman who was extremely rude to my friend when he just asked for directions to go somewhere.

Of course, I won't label all New-Yorkers as rude. I really think it is not possible to generalise that way. I met some of the nicest people in Washington DC, but I wouldn't like to generalise and say that all people there are very nice.

Lolz, thats not what i meant.....i was referring to the Readers Digest people...whoever did the survey....in Mumbai must have had a bad experience maybe because of their own attitude..

And im definately not generalizing by saying all people in New York are friendly or all of them are rude...was just talking about my experience, and didnt mean any offence to anyone whatsoever.😊 

sowmyaa thumbnail
I have been to Mumbai tons of times. I don't think it is "THE MOST" rudest city. But it definetly is not sober city either. Someone told about cabwala taking to right destination, I have also had cab wala rip me off as I didn't knew how much would be fair charge. I have also had experience that people from outside mumbai cannot travel local train during peek hours. Mumbai city do have tons of "thag" and cheaters out there. I had my grandpa who have spend his entire life in mumbai being ripped at age of 80 in his own house.

So I won't not say "the most" but it is definetly one of the rude city including NY. I being from small town in midwest maybe i am used to friendly, smiling and helping people around. In NY i have seen even when i thanked a security guard he never cared to smile back and say welcome... if you go to stores in NY you hardly find restaurant that will let you use their washroom if ur not eating there.. Now I am talking about NY city now the state as a whole. So depends what you have to compare when you call any city a rude city.
ritzbitz thumbnail
ok i know after this news made headlines in local newspaper, immediately mumbaimirror had crosschecked it with hidden cameras 😉 i dont recollect exactly ...but it had a picture published where it showed a person struggling with his files/papers and 2/3 persons around him trying to help him by picking it up. 😛  and the caption ran as.."DUE YOU STILL THINK MUMBAI AS A RUDEST CITY ?" 😊Edited by ritzbitz - 17 years ago
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Mumbai is so much better...lets talk about Delhi...that is the place full of thugs and crooked ppl! 😛

Originally posted by: TallyHo

Mumbai is so much better...lets talk about Delhi...that is the place full of thugs and crooked ppl! 😛

Did you mean Parliament?😛

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: *Maya*

Did you mean Parliament?😛

hahaha...now that u have said it...I will agree!😉

Knicks420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
nah mumbai is not the rudest city
beijing and seoul are rude according to my freinds

mumbai rockss 👏
Snape thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well, it depends on what kind of manners you are looking for.

indian style of manner and respects are certainly different than western ways. and from asian point of view, mumbai is just fine