A Day with Krishna and Arjuna

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
Dwaita van came to life. There is excitement all around. Dhaumya and other sages assembled together to do Homa in honour of the Krishna Vaasudev  the God incarnate as every one sees him to be. Just last nite,Krishna came with Satya to visit the Pandavas and congratulate his dear friend Arjun who returned after five years,having secured Pasupat and other Divyastras. As soon as he came he saluted Yudhishtir and Bheem and hugged Arjjun with great affection. Finally, I see you Parth after such long period. I am happy, you accomplished your purpose. Let me hug you again. Krishna. again embraced him and smiled. This one is for  feeling the touch of Siva Sankar who I heard had you in close hug. Arjun smiled. Well,I feel you both actually made me feel the same bliss I wonder. Krishna patted his back and said. I am happy you returned safely from heaven..Arjun became serious and changed the topic. How are the children and Subhadra? Satya miffed at Arjun. Why are you ignoring me ? Can't you see me coming from such long distance only to praise you for securing Pasupat. Arjun looked surprised. I am afraid Satya,You came for that purpose? Don't ask me to demonstrate it before you. Every one laughed at his words. Draupadi came forward and took Satya's hand into hers.Dont take it to heart . You know him. Satya hugged her and assured. Yes. I know him. And I won't leave him at all. She gave a warning look at Arjun and went inside.The twins became busy with preparations for serving Brahmins and those who came from nearby villages  to have a Darshana of Lord. Bheem warned the friends. Now don't disappear into far off corners. I have to wait for you for dinner.Panchali  is preparing nice  dishes for lunch. Krishna smiled and assured. We will be here only. Don't worry. Call us once we will be at your service. Then both the friends started walking towards the mango grove that is behind the hermitage but away from noise and kolahal.They sat under the shade and inhaled the cool breeze coming from the adjacent lake. Now tell me. How did you enjoy penance? Krishna enquired. Arjun replied precisely. It was good. I did' not feel it tough. I was vengeful.I went into a state where no difficulty would touch me as hard as... Arjun paused. Krishna completed. As hard as the insult of Panchali at the Dice game. Arjun nodded silently.So I withstood every test,every ordeal with a kind of detachment. Finally fighting with Sankar Shiv boosted my confidence to a great extent. I can face any one any time . Krishna felt happy. Parth,Dedication to your purpose is the biggest virtue you have. It gave you the desired benefit. Now tell me about your stay in heaven.Arjun 's face became dull. What should I say? It gave me the shock of my life. He answered. Krishna asked. Tell me eaborarely. Urvasi wanrted to spend with me. She is too enamoured,that she can not see sense in my words.Krishna asked him playfully.Why did you reject her at all? Arjun sulked at him. It is not a jovial matter Madhav,that is making you enjoy my trauma. Krishna laughed at his friend. Now don't feel bad.Surely the most desirable man of Aryavarth should'nt have disappointed her that way. Arjun tried to explain his stance. How could I oblige her? She was the wife of my ancestor Pururav.But she does'nt believe in any human relationships. That is the problem. No excuse worked before her. And the result ? She was mad at me and cursed me that I will lose my manliness. Arjun's bitter words made Krishna melt for his friend. Then what happened? I am sure your father must have shown a way out. Arjun replied with a grim face. Yes. He said,The curse would effect only in our incognito period.(Ajnatavas). Krishna clapped his hands in excitement. Your father is a zenius Parth. All these years I am worrying about your disguise only. Now the problem is solved. Who will imagine the great warrior of Aryavarth in that disguise? You will be easily identified wherever you go. Now I can sleep peacefully. Did Panchali know this? Arjun said  no not yet. Krishna smiled teasingly. Of course. Still time is left no?Arjun understood his taunt. I should learn to take everything as lightly as you do. He said desperately. Krishna placed his hand on his shoulder. You will learn. And you emerge a winner whatever the situation is. I am always with you. Arjun smiled at him with new confidence. Yes. I also feel it. You are with me. Bheem called for them and they started walking towards hermitage. Krishna stopped and said. I must say you vie with me in enjoying female admiration. Your range of admirers also is quite interesting. The Fire Born,the Naga damsel,The Manipurbeauty, The Kalinga princess,and of course the ladli of Balram and me my sister. Now you can add the pride of heaven,Urvasi. How did you manage to resist her,still I wonder. Arjun laughed at his description. Madhav,beauty won't lure me at all in any of the cases you mentioned. There are different factors that tied me to them and you know everything. As for Urvasi's beauty ,don't forget I have the most beautiful woman waiting for me back in the hermitage. And I will never hurt her anymore. ...The lunch was enjoyed by every one as it has the special flavour of Panchali's devotion for her Govind. After that Krishna praised her for the tasty lunch.Draupadi blurted out. Don't say any thing Govind. You came only to see your friend,but not for me. Krishna's smile is bewitching. You think like that? Ask Satya how much I talked about you on the way, Satya laughed and said. Panchali Don't believe him. He just mentioned your swayamvar and went on praising his friend for his great valour. Panchali said. I know Satya, Both of them are too selfish, They live only for each other. Krishna pretended to be hurt. Parth, I am sorry you disappointed me,After all these years of togetherness she thinks you live for me. Too bad. Arjun made the same expression on his face. Yes Madhav,very bad, After all your years of slavery to her Satya believes you live for me? So bad. The two friends looked at each other and laughed slapping each others' shoulders.     ( A tribute on FriendshipDay to the Devine Friendship of Nar and Narayan that is unparalleled and ideal for generations to come. ) 
Satya asked the friends. What secrets you shared in the mango grove? I wanted to know. Arjun replied  with sarcasm. Satya, you know the meaning of secret? That which is not shared with anyone and everyone. Satya retorted. Thanks for enlightening me. Any way we two will accompany you to the lakeside,Lord,Shall we? She made an endearing request. Krishna overcome by her charm accepted. Why not? You are welcome. Despite Arjun's miffed face Krishna invited the ladies to be with them on the riverside.
Satya made a new suggestion as soon as they reached the riverside. Lord, let us have fun by being different. Arjun raised his eyebrows. He is certain she will suggest ridiculous things. Draupadi looked at Satya curiously. You know you both always spend time together. Now let us do it differently so that we can learn new things about each other. Now I will have a talk session with Arjun and Panchali with my lord. At the end of it we feel refreshing as we learn new things. Arjun looked irritated. Krishna smiled playfully. I am game for it. What do you say Panchali? He asked. Draupadi smiled showing her approval.I am trapped. Said Arjun with frustration. 
Arjun accompanied Satya unwillingly to a secluded place on the lakeside. Satya sat on a rocky space and exclaimed. It is too hard. The forest life itself is hard. How  do you get along? She questioned. Arjun shrugged his shoulders. I was born in the forest only. Roamed in the midst of hills and rivers. Satya quipped. But your wife is not used to this no? Arjun replied with detachment. Her bad luck. Satya changed the topic. Arjun, I heard that the Pasupata mantra was recited only once by Siv Sankar.How do you manage to grasp it? Arjun closed his eyes. He felt the three eyed Lord with his mesmerising form,his kind face,the snake round his neck...Yes. It is difficult,not because it won't get repeated,It is because you will forget yourself on seeing him in persona. You should concentrate on his  mantra rather than the Lord himself. Satya looked at him admiringly. You know a wide range of astras now. How do you remember each and every mantra? Is'nt it confusing? Arjun replied casually. I remember. Since childhood,if I hear anything that will register in my mind. I am not confused. Each Astra has its own power and the syllables used in that mantra differ from,others. Satya widened her eyes. Arjun,I admire archery and archers. If I were a man I would definitely have competed with you in every way. Her words made Arjun smile. Why do you bother about all these? You have a fulfilled life by bring the wife of Madhav. Enjoy yourself.
Draupadi asked Govind. What is in store for us after all these hardships? Krishna answered. Dharma will win in the end. You will get back everything you lost. Draupadi questioned. The self respect, the honour will we be able to get that back? Krishna answered. No one take your self respect away. That is why even after such humiliation you are able to raise your head proudly as one who defeated them not by weapons but by will power.
Satya and Arjun reached the place where Krishna and Draupadi are sitting. Krishna smilingly asked Arjun. Are you fine after a talk session with Satya? Arjun replied Fortunately for me today she is not in a testing mood. I was afraid that she may ask me to demonstrate my Pasupat. Satya quipped. I did a favour to you now do a favour go me. I want to see you shoot covering your eyes. Satyajit and myself tried in Dwaraka to do the feat. Krishna stopped her in the middle. You know what happened then? They are trying to fo that and in that process Satya broke the favourite flower pot of Revati Bhabhi which she kept on the edge of the parapet wall . Draupadi laughed at that and Arjun smilingly asked. What happened to Satyaki? He must have done well. Satya was miffed at Arjun's confidence in Satyaki. You know Arjun,Your desciple has not done better. He was so assured that his Arrow will hit the mark but it hit Bhrata Balram's favourite pet dog in its leg. It became crippled and Bhrata Balaram banned  me and Satyaki from practicing the feat. Still Satyaki went ahead and practiced it secretly. I think now he may have learnt it. His  aim is to shoot looking at the image in water. He and Abhi are practicing that regularly. 
Arjun's face brightened up,on hearing Abhi's name. Madhv,how is Abhi's retraining going on? I hope he is  good at archery . Krishna said. He is the best. Your son will never let you down.Satya  teased him. Don't worry. Your son will give you tough competetion for the title of The Best Archer.I welcome competition.If it is from my son what more do I want? Arjun said delighted at Abhmanyu's competencePanchali felt elated hearing of Abhi's skills.How good it has been if they all are together at  Indra Prasth.Arjun saw her gloom and looked at Krishna, ..