Why can't there be subtitles for Lauren ??Shahid-As a host or Judge ??

EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Best things in jhalak today were the introduction of the contestants , if i am not wrong ...they have never been introduced this way before . So yup their entry was grand . Shahid's entry and dance performance was fun...it brought in a kind of energy...i wish i could have said the same for kjo...but it was too melodramatic  for me to like  . And faisal's and preet's performance were amazing  . Radhika , shamita didn't disappointed either. Mohit and Vivian were okay ...they can dance is what is a nice thing . They aren't  much stiff . I am glad we have a judge who can clearly says about vulgarity if it occurs in any performance . What ganesh said is what i felt when ended . All lifts were nice , except that one ...bhawna watchout .  But bhawna still did a lovely job with vivian and so did mohit's choreographer . 
okay now coming to my two questions which irked me the most in the episode 

why was lauren not given subtitles ??/...She could have easily spoken in english and subtitles should have been there for viewers who understand hindi only . This has been done before as well when a judge from out of india was introduced ...then why now that can't be done . She can't speak hindi properly and that's a fact ...so why are they letting her speak hindi...she isn't coming clear at all and it looks so OTT , kind of distracting that a judge isnt able to comment nicely ...she is taking breaks . She don't know enough hindi and the channel was aware of it from before , then why all this was not taken care off...she isn't here to learn hindi ..right ??? But to judge dance which she is good at .  . Its like she can't even express what she feels completely because of not knowing the words and nobody cares . Isn't that ridiculous ...????...she is an amazing amazing dancer and completely deserve that judge chair but if it has to be like this...than its better she is out of the show . She is shown as judge afterall . 

And now coming to Shasha ...is he introduced as a host or a judge . Where is the respect for himmm????? What was he doing ...is he realizing he is the judge there ...what's the need to be so friendly . A distance should have been maintained with the contestants ...he isn't a part of them there . An examinar in the exam room can't be our friend ...right ??Everyone will cheat then na .But he was like too much . His acts made me feel he is a host instead of a judge . And yes he can make a lovely host .he was good at hosting ...i can say that but here he isn't host , sooo why in the world he is acting like that ???...And contestants , can someone tell them he is a judge here ..?/??...how dipika was telling her take us like family and score ...does a judge actually needs advice from contestants ????...wasn't that rude ????and sanaya actually ordered him to give her 9 every time...her way was not actually very soft  and he was the one who said , pyaar se bolo .. That was lol moment ..i mean a judge actually telling a contestant that speak softly than i will give you 10, why 9..lol...are the contestants even realizing he is there to judge them . You can't order him around ...not even in joke . And he adds to it , actually asked any more advises from guys ...and thankfully vivian dint ordered him ...i was thinking ab yeh kahega itne marks dena ..i mean they were making it look like that marking is a joke .but thankfully thankfully ...this time  it was just about less boys and more girls ..so khyal rakhna ...and not more mocking of shahid as a judge ...i don't know if the contestants were actually rude or shahid himself was making himself too available ...i don't expect a judge to sit with contestant and relax them before their performance ...i know and can say from vivian face that even he wasn't expecting that ...i expect a host to do that ...why was shahid doing that ??? and then he got up and called vivian wife as well...which judge does that ????...shoudn't the family stuff be start showing after some episodes ...i mean vahbiz would be there for vivian whole season , she hasn't come to support him just once that the opportunity can't be missed ...and yes we were talking about shasha...he isn't himself understanding that he is a judge there...ek discipline hota hain...I mean when madhuri remo were there ...there was a kind of respect  for the fellow judges... .no body could treat them that way ...a decorum was maintained .Contestants were scared of judges ...Now its just lost somewhere . Its like friends are dancing and some of their friends are judging  . I know madhuri praising turned irritating many times but it was way better than what happened today..she was a better judge  ...lol...i actually loved manish remembering madhuri ...

i have more to share ...manish is actually good but he seriously dont need those vulgar jokes to entertain and can't we have another host with him ...that would be great ...jaha itna kharch kiya hain channel ne ,ek host aur sahi...bring kapil back...may be shahid will sit then for sometime ...or else he goes and fills the place for the one host who is missing in this jdj season . Or they have shahid for doing both the jobs...lol.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I don't think he was coming across as a host-host. Don't forget this was an introductory episode and we are short one host. I think, he was trying to make all the contestants comfortable ... I'm sure there's a reason why there wasn't a desk in front of Shahid. I liked how he was so humble with the contestants and busy interacting with em. He wasn't coming across as a stuck up celebrity - unapproachable and non-friendly.
rehann thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agree dear... u take the words direct from my mouth...
Lauren what annoyed me the most last night..
and as u said hope in coming ep they will introduce co host for manish and keep Shahid away from this ott drama..,
for this introductory week... i will try to bear it
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
If you read Ganesh's article , it was said that this season Shahid is going to interact with the audience and the contestants!! The thing is, Shahid wanted to some reality show which did not work out!! I think in that show he wanted to do something interactive like this! So, instead  he got offered JDJ and this is why he is doing all this! Which I think is a very cool idea !! 😊

Shreya
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Even the judges , Ganesh and Lauren are going to be very hands-on with the contestants to groom them!! Another great idea rather than just giving out scores like in previous seasons! 😛

Shreya
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Good post.
My thoughts on the 1st episode...best part was how the contestants were introduced, and Faisal and Radhika's performances. 👍🏼

KJo was over the top as usual, but then he is a drama queen. 😆

Love Shahid and the freshness he brings to the show, but I didn't like him being on stage all the time.  He's there as a judge and should let Manish do the hosting. 🤔

But what I really didn't like was that Lauren seemed to be there just for the glamour quotient.  I was hoping she would offer proper critique of the dances alongside Ganesh Sir.   Even in the ending segment they showed her checking the mirror and going on and on about her Hindi...which by the way isn't so great 🤔

And finally...although Supreet is an inspiration to be dancing despite being handicapped, I don't think she deserved a 39.  She doesn't want sympathy votes, she just wants a fair shot and they should give her that.  
Edited by Fatima_Q - 8 years ago