TOI:Suyyash Rai: Id rather sing for myself than another actor

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Actor Suyyash Rai has got an opportunity to showcase his other talent as a singer in Saurabh Tewari's 'Phir Bhi Na Maane... Badtameez Dil' as he plays a rockstar in it. "I am professionally into music since two-and-a-half years," he reveals, adding, "My girlfriend, Kishwer Merchantt, stood by me when I took my first step." 

Interestingly, the singer-turned-actor hasn't undergone any formal training for singing. "My sister happens to be my first teacher. She is learning music in college and I would listen to her and learn. I haven't been trained, barring the two sessions where a tutor came to my place. I realised that I was losing the rawness while trying to be technically sound. So, I decided against getting trained to retain my texture and individuality," he states. So far, he has sung one song in two versions " with acoustic as well as in regular form. He reveals, "I will soon record the second song and there will be more in the offing."

Ask him if given a chance, would he like to playback for his co-actor, Pearl V Puri and he replies, "I would prefer crooning for myself than lending my voice to another. The advantage of singing own song is that I can emote it onscreen the same way as I sing it. I believe that the emotions of an actor can never match that of a singer, no matter how well you act."

Neha Maheshwri,TNN | Jul 8, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xPriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Thanks for sharing..he sings well ðŸ˜ƒ