Arjuhi OS#29: Khoobsurat Hai Wo Itna(Completed)

..oneOone.. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

thank you so much Shona for the gift baby...🤗

Khoobsurat Hai Wo Itna
OS | 29

Khoobsurat Hai Woh Itna
Saha Nahi Jata
Kaise Hum Khud Ko Rokh Le
Raha Nahi Jata

Leaning against the rod window of the train, she turned the next page of novel she was currently reading. If tomorrow comes by Sydney Sheldon.

Mystery was always her favorite genre and seeing those mysteries unfolding infront always would make her feel excited.

Just as soon as she was done with the next page, she felt something strange.

The lashes rose an inch above the book just to come across with a very intended grey eyes, she had ever witnessed. Those eyes held the power to made her feel shiver, for a second, before she pulled the book back after coming to her senses.

She was a vision right out from some love novel. The soft rays passing through those rods to create a strips effect on her clean face. The blue churidar she was wearing, making her look like an angel. The duppatta flying with the harsh air strokes and so were the tender strands which did escaped out from otherwise harshly clamped messy hairs. "Heavenly". He murmured before a smile lit on his face.

"Excuse me...Can you please just stop staring?" Her hushed but angry voice broke his trance, making him shook his head before he looked back to see her glaring.

"Me" He mouthed pointing a finger at himself. The 4 other people accompanying them in the row were just busy chating with eachother and didn't seem to notice this silent furious exchange.

"Yes you..." She mouthed back.

Amused by her antics, he bend forward and motioned her to get close. Scrunching her brows, she closed the novel, bookmarking it with her one finger before bending ahead.

"Sorry If you are feeling irritated but I was just wondering how to ask you?" His solemn face gave nothing away.

"Ask me what?" She questioned.

"Have anyone ever told you that you have beautiful eyes?" His own eyes shine while he uttered those words.

Arohi was incredulous.

"Excuse me..?" Her tone turned irritated as she moved back with a frown.

"Pleasure is all mine" He said with such a smirk that she instantly wanted to wipe off from his face.

Grumpy, she again opened her novel and tried her best to hide her face behind it, completely.

"O Beta G...If you can please move to your seat...I want to lay down" The Punjabi Man who was accompanying along with his two sons and wife, uttered. His wife was standing right behind him while the sons had already occupied the upper two berths.

Arjun nodded and looked at Arohi with a raised brow.

"I have the middle berth". He said pointing towards the closed berth on her back, making her know that she has to lay down. The space wouldn't be good enough to sit after the middle berth will be opened up.

"Hmmm...No problem Uncle G...I was too about to lay down" Arohi smiled and pulled her hand bag at the back to use it as a pillow while stretching her legs on the berth.

Arjun got up and opened the middle berth as the elder couple too did the same.

After all were settled, Arjun peeked down just to see Arohi once again deeply engrossed in her book.

He was first enchanted by her looks but then, he was loving to irritate her.

"Excuse Me" His voice made Arohi close her eyes momentarily.

How she wants to have a little peace.

But forcing the book away once again, she looked up and replied in a hard tone.

"Yes..."

"I forgot to mention..." And on having her attention, he said tongue in cheek.

"You have beautiful voice too..."

"Grrr" Groaning, she passed a furious look before a warning

"Shut up".

Arjun smiled as he turned only to see the Punjabi uncle looking at him with a broad smile before winking, making Arjun chuckle.

Chaand Me Daag Hai Yeh Jaante Hain Hum Lekin
Raat Bhar Dekhe Bina Usko
Raha Nahi Jata
Khoobsurat Hai Woh Itna
Saha Nahi Jata

The journey later went in a peaceful manner. As the evening occurred, all
of them had their dinner before sharing a small chat and getting back to there respective seats.

Playing with his own fingers, Arjun was feeling irritated. His jumpy heart wanted to take a look of the angelic beauty who was sound sleeping on the down berth.

"Peeking is harmless...Isn't it..." He wondered for few minutes before giving in to his desires and making his head bend down from the berth, looked below.

Keeping her one hand on her face to restrict the light, she was taking soft breaths. The novel was resting on her belly secured by the other hand.

Oh! those sleek fingers..

But what caught his eyes was the ring...The gold band that she was wearing in the 4th finger of her left hand.

Engaged!!

His heart recognized the agony that he felt before he looked up at her serene face.

"She is beautiful...No wonder ...she is taken..." And taking a deep breath, making her view get engraved in his eyes, he turned in his seat and closed his eyes.

No matter what, he will surly dream about her tonight.

----------------------------

Sitting outside Kalka station, Arohi kept on checking her wrist watch waiting for the driver to come and pick her up for the ride to Shimla which was still 2 hours away.

In the meanwhile she decide to take a look around at the area. All her childhood, she had spent in Shimla and Kalka station was just like a visiting spot. Being the eldest child of her family, her daadi has always showered more love on her then her siblings. When her parents moved out to Delhi in order to have better future, her daadi kept Arohi back with herself as Daadi wasn't ready to leave Shimla and she was more than eager to stay back with her. As Mrs Smiti Sharma (Dadi) was a principal of a local college, she kept a strong hold on Arohi's education and guided her whenever needed but she also let her explore on her own too. After University when Arohi was looking for a job, her parents called her back to Delhi as it was enough for them to stay away from her. Dadi didn't argue this time but refused to go along so Arohi kept a habit as before, she used to visit Delhi for her vacations, now she visits Shimla to be close to her Dadi along with getting part in this Summer Camp that was arranged by her friends in Shimla.

Smiling, she rubbed her hand to get some warmth when she found the same irritating stranger from the train turning away after being in a discussion with a taxi driver. He was looking lost.

"Bhaiya...can you take me to Shimla?" He questioned the next driver who also shook his head.

"Bhai G ...Take a hotel room on the rent for tonight as its a strike going on around here...You will not get any convince today unless you have something already arranged" and with that, the driver turned to greet the family he was here to pick up.

"Damn yaar...everything was planned in such a small span of time that I couldn't even arrange for the drive..." And then he shivered feeling the cold of the area. "Nor could pack my warm suits"

Tilting her head, pursing her lips, Arohi kept looking at him. Though he was too irritating in start but he was also the one who helped her the most.

Getting dinner for her to tea when they had stopped in between on some stations, for keeping an eye on her things when she was off to toilet and then helping her with the luggage when the train finally was pulled at Kalka Station. He had been a great help.

Disappointed, Arjun sat on the side bench as he shivered but soon his attention was diverted to the voice who has been coaxing honey in his ears from yesterday.

"Excuse me..."

Turning around in a go, he looked up to find the ever enchanting face filled with concern.

"Where do you have to go?" She questioned straight away without beating about the bushes.

"Shimla...to the summer camp" He replied in a dazed tone.

Arohi crossed her hands over her chest, giving him a precise look before shaking her head and saying.

"Come with me...I am too going to Shimla...My driver is here to pick me up" She looked away to her old driver who was rushing to her with a happy smile.

"Arohi bitiya...How are you?" He patted her head affectionately as Arohi smiled and took hold of her one hand carry as other was held by him.

"I am good Kaka...how are you? And where is Dadi?" She asked looking behind hoping to find her ever so chirpy Dadi but was disappointed to see an empty car.

"Dadi g got a slight sprain in her foot so I forced her to stay behind...Dont ask how much pleading I had to do just to make her get some rest...She is way so excited for your arrival"

Arohi smile broadly as she could clearly imagine her Dadi in all action mode.

"Kaka...He also has to go to Shimla...Can you drop him off to Summer Camp on our way?" Arohi requested motioning towards Arjun who got up holding his small bag.

"Sure Bitiya...Come on now...It's getting cold" Smiling, the old man lead the two towards the parked black Corolla.

---------------------------

"You are here for the first time?" Kaka inquired from Arjun who was sitting on the front seat while Arohi had took the back one and was again busy reading the end of her novel.

"Ji...Actually the plan was made in such a rush...I couldn't make bookings in advance" Arjun explained with pursed lips.

"That explains it" Kaka gave a precise look to his shivering body before putting on the heater in the car and diverting his eyes on the road in front while Arjun silently thanked and looked out to the beautiful scenery. He gasped seeing the nature in true color that in return made Arohi smile. She has been observing him right from the start. Somewhere, he looked familiar to her.

But then, she looked out and the view caught her attention.

She loves Shimla. Hands down.

-------------------------

"Daadiii" Arohi shouted as she entered the small three bedroom villa, her Dadi owns in Shimla.

"Aa gaye meri bachi..." Dadi squealed from her bedroom as Arohi rushed and after settling down on bed, hugged her tightly.

"What have you done to yourself..." She scolded her wrapped foot to which Smiti just shook her hand.

"Leave that...I will be fine by tomorrow...and come here" Opening her arms, Smiti encouraged Arohi to dive in her embrace which she was so glad to do.

"...Hmmm...I missed you Dadi..." Arohi whispered taking in the motherly smell of the old lady.

Dadi smiled and rubbed her back affectionately.

"I missed my rani too...This house is too lonely without you" Dadi claimed making Arohi break the hug.

"That's why I always ask you to come with me to Delhi...We don't have to miss eachother then" Arohi pouted making Dadi sigh. This was always a question in discussion from Arohi whenever she visits or call Smiti from Delhi and always, Smiti politely declined instantly but this time, she sighed and gave a slight humm...

"This time...I think I have to go back with you..." Dadi agreed making Arohi smile widely in surprise.

"Really?" She asked excitedly. Smiti was not a lady to give in so easily.

In reply, Smiti just patted Arohi hand before giving a wrinkled smile.

"Yes...why don't you go and freshen up before we sit down for this rather late lunch. I am famished" And nodding Arohi leaned in to give a kiss before leaving for her room.

---------------------

"Phew...finally here...now how should I start with my task" Arjun wondered after settling down into the room that was assigned for the teachers in Summer Camp. The children have started to pour in and he was told that many students were curious to learn Guitar and Piano which were his forte. Though the organizers were too shocked to find a last minute volunteer for teaching the music but now were too happy to have this addition.

Looking out from the window, he saw the beautiful sun set and the dim lights of the children camps that were arranged outside in the lawn, lighting on. Where few were making there spaces, others were gelling up with fellow mates, laughing, cracking jokes, introducing.

"I hope just like these children, we will too make up a good friendship...and that soon too" He sent a silent prayer above before settling down. The long journey has tired him up enough to sent to dream land as soon as he get in the warmth of his bed.

-----------------------

"I heard that Ayush parents are coming in some days?" Dadi inquired patting Arohi's hand that was wrapped around on her waist.

"Hmm...that was why Maa and Baba didn't want me to visit Shimla this year...But I was adamant and they let me but just for a month" With close eyes, Arohi was laying at her back, snuggling to the warmth of her grandmother. The seriousness of her tone was evident to Smiti.

"This ring?" Dadi inquired as she felt the ring on her and rose her hand up to take a look.

"Maa made me wear it..." *Sigh* "One of my colleague in office sent a proposal to our home without my knowledge...that was an embarrassing situation Dadi...So Maa just made me wear a simple ring to let other know that I am engaged" Arohi explained.

"Hmm...Vishal(arohi's father) had told me...But Arohi..." Dadi now turned with an effort due to her old age, making Arohi open her eyes.

"What do you think about this proposal now...Vishal has arranged it 5 years back considering that Ayush is the son of Pooja(Arohi's bua) Jeth Jethani who are well settled in USA...  But beta, someone's being well settled is not the only aspect that we should consider..." Arohi just bit her lower lip and with down lashes kept on playing with her dadi's finger.

"Do you like someone now?" Dadi inquired in a careful tone. Arohi was her fav grandchild and bringing her up surly had made these two get closer to the level of friendship. They do share things that even Smiti and Pooja don't share.

"No Dadi...You know if I had, you would have known" Arohi replied with sincerity that was clear to Smiti.

"Have you ever talked to Ayush?" and in reply, Arohi pursed her lips and shook her head.

"Hmmm...Between, More than Ayush, I had always liked his younger brother, Sunny more...He was focused and strong headed...He always knew where he should go... Ayush, in compare was always careless...a where life take me kind of person...I had even asked Vishal to think about it...but..." Smiti went off, knowing that a decision taken 5 years earlier was not the right one but Arohi stopped her in between.

"Dadi...bus bus..." And moving ahead, she hugged her.

"I know all you want is my happiness but I believe in God and my parents...Maa always say that people change with time...and I surly hope that Ayush is now a one responsible man...Can't he be?" She asked while looking up at the worried face of her grandmother but seeing the hope shinning in Arohi's eyes, Smiti smiled and kissed her forehead in a lovable way.

"He can..." and with that, Arohi closed her eyes to indulge herself into a peaceful sleep.

-------------------

The next morning, after getting ready on time, Arjun came out of his single room cum cabin to get greeted by the fellow colleagues with whom he get into introduction. Later, he went for the breakfast that was arranged in a buffet style in a huge living room where all children and teachers were munching on the yummy feast. Putting few things in his disposal plate, he filled a steaming cup of coffee before moving towards the window that was opened to the huge garden outside.

"Didi..." Few children hummed excitedly and rushed to greet a lady in a yellow crisp top along with denims. 

Arjun heard the screams while taking a bite of his croissant before his eyes fell on the lady that took his breathe away.

Totally opposite to her previous traditional look, Arohi was looking equally elegant in western dress. Her front hairs were pulled back in a small catcher.

"We were so waiting for you...When should we start with our class" Few of the children who had attended her classes in previous  years too asked in an excited tone.

"Just in a bit...Let me greet your other teachers and get my accessories...ok" And a chorus of OK surrounded the air.

Leaning against the window sill, Arjun smile the brightest smile he could gather. This girl was filled with sunshine that can bright anyone's life.

"Hey Arohi..." Sukait called her before engulfing her in a side hug that was followed by Piyush, Simran and Mina which were Arohi's college mate in Shimla.

"By God yaar...this year too, the children who signed themselves for Pottery and Water Painting are more than English Literature and Dancing. " Mina told her with a pout that made others giggle. Pottery and Water Painting was Arohi's department and forte.

"That's true...Though Musical Instruments tried to give a tough Takar(competition)" Piyush told making arohi proud.

"Seems like I have some very dedicated students" She winked.

"You do..." Sukait agreed before letting her know where her things were stored.

"By the way, we have a new volunteering teacher" Piyush told.

"And he is Hot" Mina muttered leaning close in a whisper making Arohi laugh.

"I know he must be...but my students are waiting to get started...So I will get into introduction later on" Arohi mumbled and moved towards the store room, unaware of the pair of eye which was watching her every move, noticing her every action and admiring her each smile.

-------------------- 

Aankh Mein Kaid Kiye Baitha
Main Ek Haseen Lamha
Jab Main Is Neend Se Jagunga
To Dil Tootega

"Don't put too much pressure...handle the mud carefully" Arohi instructed as she moved from a child to another, guiding them how to create a good pot.

"Didi...Is it right?" One of the kid inquired, motioning towards a pot which was much more higher in length and no had much width.

"It is ok...but..." She again started the wheel and put her hands in mud to shape it up.

The slight breeze flowing around was too great for an outdoor activity but then, her few small hair strands made there way out from her hair catcher, disturbing her view.

Hands filled with mud, she was not able to do anything much more then trying to put them away with the help of her elbows but it was of no use.

Letting the hairs stay, she again started to instruct how to make a perfect pot when a hand made its way to her strands and pushed them back. The Catcher was removed from her hairs for a few seconds before putting back, making sure all hairs were bind inside.

Arohi looked up and was surprised to see the stranger from the Train, standing infront with a heartwarming smile.

Not letting her much time to compose herself, he bend down on hunches and inquired.

"Can I also learn this art?"

Giving him a precise view, Arohi thought about him for a moment before nodding, "Sure".

Woh Mujhe Khwaab Koi Kyon
Dikha Nahin Jaata
Khoobsurat Hai Woh Itna
Sahaa Nahin Jaata

The night drew on making the weather chill and so Arohi and Dadi sat down in the small living room to watch TV. The heater was put on making the atmosphere warm and cozy while Arohi was sitting down in between the legs of her dadi. Dadi tenderly applied the warm oil in her hairs with her soft pores as her eyes were fixed on watching her favorite show. But Arohi unaware of all that, was lost in her own thoughts.

Her mind again and again would take her back to the scene in the day when she witnessed the addictive giggle of the stranger, she met just a day before.

"He is no longer a stranger" Her mind told, making her get a soft smile as how an irritated stranger became an acquaintance.

She remembered the way he bit his lower lip when he made a mistake while making the small pot in learning procedure, resulting it into a pool of mud. The giggle when he found her having a mud smudge on her cheeks which was the result of her putting back an irritated strand of hairs. And then, she hissed remembering the way he touched to remove that smudge with his fingers after washing his hands. "Why his touch felt different?" But the answer was unknown and it just made her feel frustrated.

"See...I just don't know why all the evil ladies have ears to hear just the right thing while the good women acts like deaf...this media surly needs a change..." Dadi grumbled while massaging her hairs but when Arohi didn't show interest in the discussion, Dadi bent down to see her lost.

"What are you thinking, Aru?" She questioned, putting her hairs to one side and now massaging her nape.

"Nothing Dadi...I was just imagining how hard it must have been for you all...I mean to go through a wedding arranged by your parents and when you didn't even get to see your future partner before... You don't have any idea what to expect...what to hope...All you have is an assurance from your parents" Arohi sighed before bending her head down on her curled up knees.

"Beta...Our time was different...I still can't believe how quickly this era has changed people thinking, their style of living...but I do take this in a positive manner" Arohi just kept looking at the fire.

"Aru...If you want to back out from this wedding then tell me beta...anything you want...if you want to meet Ayush, get to know him...need a year or two...I will make sure you have it...But I will so not let my grand daughter marry someone for the sake of some promises or relationships...It's the matter of your whole life" Dadi for once became furious of her son's 'Dour ki soch'.

"I don't know dadi...I don't know what I want...But I do know that I want to spend these vacations without any worry with you...I always want to cherish our times". Arohi felt a tremor of emotions rising up but before it could reach to tears, she turned and hugged Smiti by waist.

"Mera bacha...You don't need to worry...I am always here for you...All you need is one call... But right now, we will do whatever you like...whatever you want"

Arohi let herself get engulfed by the warm cocoon of her Dadi's hug, letting her smell sooth her heartaches before she kissed her cheek and replied.

"Let's bake cookies...Actually, i will make it today with your magic recipe...You will just sit there and give instructions..."

And Smiti was all ready to indulge her.

-------------------------------------

She was feeling light and fine the next day but that whole thing changed as she saw him, moving infront of her, munching on a cookie, holding a hot cup of coffee in another hand before moving towards the children who were waiting for their today's class of Guitar. Settling the cup beside one of the chair's leg on the plush grass down, he wiped the crumbs from his face before holding the red guitar of his on his thighs.

"So, first lesson first...You need to be extremely careful of the strings...they can give cuts." He gave precautions and then step by step, introduced everyone with guitar. The strings, keys, board,

From the side while leaning on the pillar of the small building, she noticed him. The twinkle in his eyes, his mischievous smile, his way of dealing with kids. Soon, he started to play a tune that was soft and melodious.

She hummed "kuch geet suhane, rakhay thay sirhanay" herself too as he was joined by the kids who were now humming. "Jeene k ishaare mill gaye...bichre thay kinare mill gaye".

In between, he made a kid sit in his lap and holding his one hand, made him play the tune, along with himself.

He seemed to be a genuine guy. That smile was nowhere fake and somewhere, Arohi did feel a pull to him. The strings he was striking, seems to made a tune out from her heart.

But shaking her head, she turned around and went in to grab her supplies for today as it was a live painting activity today.

--------------------------

"Phew...finally another end to the day" She sighed as she collected the things from the grounds which children had left behind after their class. It was evening and now, they were too hungry to care to clear the place before grabbing something to fill their stomach.

Arohi had indulge them. She need to keep herself occupied cause now, someone's thought were getting too dangerous for her. A spare moment and he will jump up in her imagination with his teasy mouth and grinning eyes. A week has surly played a role to get him on her senses.

"Need help?" She heard and closed her eyes.

"Think of the devil and here he comes" She thought with a sigh before shaking her head.

"No, I can do it"

Raising his shoulders up in air, he backed off and watch her bending down again and again to collect the supplies. Paint brushes, palette, few tubes were all scattered around in different sides.

She looked up to see the sun on the verge of setting down. In minutes, It will be dark and then it would be really hard to locate things in darkness. Turning back, she quickly started to pick up stuff and kept them in the wheel cart when she felt another set of hands pushing things in it.

Definitely, he was helping.

But his helping was not helping her at all from the act to fake ignorance. She didn't want him around herself or helping her. Cause that means him creating more place in her thoughts if not in heart and she was already too disturbed with his thoughts to be pleased with having further more of them. Urghhh

But indeed, his helping hand made her achieve the target pretty quickly. In just another 5 minutes, they were done leaving the grass clean of random things.

"Thank you" she whispered just to see him holding the cart's handle and pushing it towards the camp house. 

"No problem..."

"By the way, do you always do it? I mean helping people even when they refuse?" Her voice was teasy and that comfort-ness in her tone, made him smile.

"I usually don't but then sometimes I can't help but ignore their stubbornness and jump in" Arohi snickered making him laugh.

"Sorry...if you mind...but you were acting stubborn". He excused politely just to see her pushing her hands in her sweater pockets before nodding.

Her cell buzzed right off and after seeing the caller id, she cancelled it before pushing it back in the jeans

"Kaka is outside to pick me up...I have to go...see you on Monday now" Arjun nodded as Arohi went in to say bye to her friends.

"Two days without her around. Grhhh" he groaned.

Just today in the morning, he was informed about this ritual of the camp where after the end of first week, the kids need to spend two consecutive days emphasizing on their studies. He was told about few school teachers of Shimla who on yearly basis take part in the camp as the camp organizers didn't want the children to just focus on fun and be completely detached from the study in this whole month. From now, each week, 2 days will be completely off for the extra curricular teachers. Where, Arohi and her friends were all happy to get a break, he was not so.

"See you tomorrow, bye" He heard Arohi's voice.

"Yeah...please ask Dadi to prepare her famous pakoray and chai...I missed that taste terribly" Piyush whined but got smacked by Mina who was glaring at her.

Arohi giggled before replying. "Don't worry...Dadi has equally missed pulling your ears" as others laughed at the private joke.

"Bye". Waving her hand, she made her way out to see Arjun standing at the same place where she had left.

"Ummm...bye..."

"Hmm...Can I escort you till the gate...I am just kind of feel like walking a bit". He made an excuse.

Arohi though didn't want it, but his earlier help forced her to be polite.

"Yeah sure..." She whispered as they both turn on their toes and moved towards the gate.

"So...you are a Shimla born?" He questioned in order to start a talk.

"Yep...My whole family used to stay here before my father moved to Delhi with my two sisters but my Dadi kept me behind with her. She is a principal and the teachers who will be helping us tomorrow here are her old students." Arjun nodded and reached the metal doors of the camp where Kaka was waiting patiently.

Arjun did "Namaste" to him which he reciprocated before taking Arohi away back to the home.

--------------------------------

All friends were sitting beside Dadi while Arohi was passing on pakoray, snacks and Tea.

"Dadi...you are awesome you know...I so missed you" Piyush said as usual in a light flirty tone.

Dadi rose her hand up and patted his cheek. "Yes yes...that's why you hardly ever visited me this year" Smiti complained as Piyush bit his tongue and ran his hands through his hairs.

"Dadi...you know that..."

"Yes I know...don't worry...but I love when you visit me...Sukait and Simran visits always made me feel happy..."

Sukait smiled and bend to kiss her cheek. "Ok enough of buttering...let me check on the food...Simii must be needing a hand" Smiti get up to check on her maid as th friends settled down in the cozy environment.

"I wonder, why Arjun hasn't come yet?" Mina said while looking through her mobile.

"Yeah...I had asked him to come along but he said, he will come in a while" Sukait said while putting forward his legs.

"You have invited him too..." Arohi asked putting a popcorn in her mouth.

"Yup...he was being alone so we asked him..." Sukait explained.

"Hmm..." but right then the bell rang and Arohi rose up to check but was stopped by Smiti who was already on her way.

"Namaste...Main Arjun..." Arjun said looking at the older woman and bend down to get her blessing.

"Jeete raho...You teach along with Arohi?" and Arjun nodded.

"This is for you" and he put forward a shopping bag that contained soft drinks, samosay and Gulab Jamun.

"That's so sweet...Arohi" She called Arohi in a loud voice and found her approaching quickly.

"Jee Dadi..." She questioned on seeing Arjun and nodded her head as in hello.

"Beta, please get things plated and take it out to the living room...until then, let me escort this young man..." dadi said making Arohi's mouth hanging down while Arjun grinned and holding Smiti hand, moved in.

-------------------------------

"He is toxic" was what Arohi thought as she sit across him into the cool night.

The campers have decided to have a bone fire tonight as they have completed 3 weeks of their togetherness. One more week and all will left back to there homes. So tonight, they were gathered around to have some fun, masti and dhamal..

Songs were sang, danced was done around the fire by the kids, memories were shared. And all through, the most she noticed was the way he smiled.

His cheek formed a small bubble in there as he would laugh at something said by the kids.

"Sir...Sir please play guitar na...please sing a song for us" Kids were pleading him who by this time, was one of their fav teacher. Of course, why not, he loves to spoil them.

Another kid of 14 brought the guitar and gave it to him.

"See I am though good with guitar but not with my voice..." He tried to make an excuse.

"Don't worry Sir...You just start, we will join you..." another kid cheered and smiling, he adjusted guitar before hitting the chords.

"
Jo mera ho nahi paayega
Is jahaan mein kahin
Ruh bankar milunga usko aasma mein kahin
Pyaar dharti par farishton se kiya nahi jaata
Khoobsurat hai wo itna sahaa nahi jaata
Kaise hum khudko rok le raha nahi jaata
Chand main dagh hai ye jantay hain hum likin
Raat bhar dekhay bina usko raha nahi jata"

His eyes wander to her in between, letting her know that he knows about her engagement. She was taken by surprise as she hadn't informed him herself. And then, her eyes fell down to the ring she was wearing and rolled it into the finger.

For the first time, she regrets wearing that ring.

-----------------------

After packing up her bag, she turned to Smiti room to see if she need any help.

"Dadi...Madad karoon?" She inquired.

"Nahi Beta...I am almost done..." Smiti replied while putting her shawl tenderly in the hand carry before closing the lid.

The summer camp was to end in another two days but just 3 hours back, Vishal(Arohi's dad) called and asked them to return.

Ayush parents had came earlier than expected.

"Have you said bye to your friends?" She inquired but leaning against the door frame, Arohi shook her head.

"Why? You should...its not everyday that you get to meet them..." and Arohi bend her head down. She didn't know what she should tell them when she herself dont know what to do. She did have left a message and from then on, she was recieving constant calls but she didn't receive any,.

Another reason was HIM. Arjun Punj. The man who has slowly but steadily created a place somewhere in her and now, she was finding it hard to face him.

"Ok...Let's meet them on the way to station...we still have time in our hands...". Dadi instructed her maid and made driver Kaka check the car before they left for the camp.

But Arohi herself was in for a surprise when on reaching the camp, she got to know that Arjun has already left the camp in the morning.

----------------

Arjun had hired a cab which was driving him straight to Delhi without wasting time to get onto the train. His thoughts were bouncing behind to the discussion he had with his cousins last night as he was woken up by the shrill sound of his mobile.

"Bhaiya..." the alarming voice made him sit straight.

"What happened?" he asked. His senses already heightened.

"Have you talked to Tai g and Taya g?" They questioned.

"Nope...Not from a week atleast...why?...Something happened?" He question already dreading the answer.

"Bhaiya...Taya g and Tai g are already here...in Delhi...They just landed an few minutes back and baba mama are already on the way to pick them up..." Sahil and the younger sister, Prathiya informed.

"What?" He was surprized.

"Yes...have you...have you told di about you and your feelings yet?" Sahil inquired.

Arjun on the other side could only raked his hands through his hairs.

"Not yet...listen...I am coming back now...Yes, I am leaving right now..." He said already getting up from the bed and looking around the room to see where his things were.

"But bhai...you will not get the train" Prathiya informed.

"Don't worry...I will be taking a cab...I guess she wil also be called by the morning so their is no reason for me to delay things...I will be there in the morning"

He said before cutting the call.

"God, Mom Dad...you are on the way to screw things up" He whispered before taking out the bag from under the bed and putting things right in without care.

----------------------------------

"Hmmm...But bhai g, bhabhi...Things might get complicated" Pooja said feeling worried for her niece. Her brother with an ardent belief on them, had agreed to married off his daughter to Ayush...and now...this is the result of that 5 year old alliance.

"I know Pooja...that's why we are here ourselves to ask for forgiveness...we couldn't just stay there and inform it". Mr. Aditiya Punj declared.

"So now what?" Pooja's husband, Ankush inquired.

"Call Vishal bhai saheb, tell them that we want to meet them today...so we can go and explain things" Ankush nodded and got up to make the call.

Rekha Punj, Ayush's mother settled down beside Pooja and held her hand in apology.

"I am so sorry Pooja...just cause of me...my haste...my family...you...you are feeling troubled" Rekha sniffed as she really was feeling guilty. It was the guilt that made them land in the city rather than anything else.

"Bhabhi...You...you just loved her...wanted her...it's not a crime...but yes, the person who will be most affected by this is Arohi..." Pooja was feeling bad on how the consequences have turned.

"I know...and I am ready to take the wrath...I totally deserve it" She mumbled before hiding her face behind the hands.

------------------------------------

But it was late for him. He was late to catch his parents in time as they had already left with Ankush and Pooja to go and meet Arohi's parents.

"Sahil...take me to their house" He almost growled. Frustration was totally visible on his face.

"Bhaiya...atleast change your dress and freshen up..." Prathiya motioned and he nodded after getting a glimpse of himself into the mirror.

"I will take out the bike in the mean time" Sahil said and left the room.

-----------------------------------

"Maa g, Vishal bhai saheb, Dipti bhabhi...We are too sorry...We never knew things will take such a drastic turn...Just two months back, we sat down with Ayush and asked him about the wedding. But he just lashed out. And its then we ourselves got to know the truth..." Rekha explained.

Aditiya folded his hands infront of Vishal and Dipti in apology.

"We are so sorry..." But Vishal held his hands and made him calm down.

"Bhai saheb...Please don't do this..." He commented inspite of how torn he felt. All through the years he was being the proud father who knew that his daughter will be married into a respectable and wealthy family as soon as she will be done with her studies. Her in-laws themselves allowed her to pursue her career till now. But suddenly...

"Mom, Dad...What is happening here?" Arohi's younger sister Sur entered the living room and inquired.

"Sur...Go and call Arohi outside...we need to discuss something..." Vishal ordered but was stopped by a male voice from behind.

"Uncle aunty...before you talk to Arohi about anything...I want to meet her" Arjun spoke in an authority voice. Aditiya and Rekha looked at their son with a shock look while Pooja and Ankush glared at Sahil who was standing a step behind him.

"Bhaiya was not ready to stay behind" He spoke up in his defense but then all looked at Arjun whose eyes were still fixed on Vishal and Dipti's approval.

The elders passed a look. But in between all, It was Smiti who was now adoring a slight smile on her face.

"Let him go...Sur, please take Arjun to your Di room and make sure no one is there inside." Dadi said making Arjun smile and Sur raising a brow. Dadi seriously want Arohi di inside in a room with this stranger without her or Pari being inside.

But nonetheless, she was brought up to not argue with her elders and followed the commands.

As the duo left, Dadi looked back at the others who were looking at her in apprehensions.

"Let them talk...let him explain things...But don't have any stupid hopes...This time, I am not gonna hear of any one of you...The final decision will be of Arohi. Dare burden her with any world's words. She should decide her future" Dadi warned in her ever so strict principal tone

and all nodded.

---------------------------

Fidgeting with her fingers, Arohi paced from one side to another while Pari, her younger sister, kept looking at her and ended up with frustration.

"Di...Relax...everything will be fine...why are you feeling so anxious?" She questioned putting up her glasses that had slided down her nose before looking down at her notebook to solve the disturbing math equation.

"How to relax? all elders are sitting outside deciding my future and here I am...Till now, no one has called me out or even talked to me" Arohi said out, moving the ring on her finger before putting it back on its place.

"Just wait for few more minutes...Maa will herself come to take you out" Pari assured.

Right then, at the back, the door creaked opened and in peeped Sur.

"Di..."

"Hmmm..." Arohi quickly turned around to look at the youngest sibling, hoping she got some news.

"Ummm...Here is someone to meet you" and before Arohi could inquire more, Sur opened the door fully to let Arjun get into the view.

Pari looked at the stranger and scratched her temple.

"Arjun...what are you...?" and the question lingered in the air as Arjun took a step in and said.

"I...I have to talk to you Arohi..." He was himself anxious and scared.

"But..."

"I am Ayush's younger Brother, Arjun...Sunny" He answered and if said that Arohi seemed to be hit by a tornado, it was not wrong.

Silence fell in the room as Arjun and Arohi kept looking at eachother while the girls were struck with worry.

"ahem...Pari...Dadi has asked to leave them alone to talk...so please, come out" Sur informed Pari and both sisters passed a worried look before Pari gathered her things and moved out, closing the door at her back.

"Ho kia raha hai...?" Pari questioned as soon as they were out.

"I myself don't know...but everyone is tensed outside..." Sur informed as both sisters prayed for their elder sister's well being.

------------------------------

After settling down on the bed, Arohi looked straight at Arjun who was occupying the single chair infront. His posture was of a man, sitting on pins...his mouth opened and closed a few times, before he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"I...I was 20 when I last visited India...It was Pratiyusha Di's wedding...and that was the first time I saw you..." Arjun started from the time, his memory could allow him of their interaction.

"I had liked you then...I think you were just 18...But your maturity and humbleness was what made you attractive...At that time, it was just likeness...like how you appreciate someone...just that thing...but two years later, when Ma visited India after Mama G's death, she met you...She loved you and she and Dad, after talking with Ayush had fixed your alliance. He...he has just started his job at that time and I think, after being fed up by Mom Dad's constant nagging, he gave in just to end this topic for the time" and Arohi felt that a brick was thrown her way.

"I...We have been in contact with Salil at that time...He and Prathiya had constantly send mom, dad there pics of the picnics, they went on and many of them had included you and your sisters. Mom used to asked for them" and she kept quite letting him say whatever he has.

"My heart has started to feel something more than likeness for you and that feeling, scared the hell out of me. You were engaged to my brother...It was wrong... forbidden and just to avoid those pics, those discussions, I opted to go for the music school that was in another city. I had hoped that work pressure and being away will help me to omit those feelings but with time, I found you more in my thoughts. You were a constant part..."

"It was turning hopeless and thats why I reduced my whole interaction with people who were associated to you. I wasn't socially active...For me, it was just my work and sleep...that how the life led on...I was asked by a band to join and association with the had made me travel from one city to another to perform...and that's what I was doing but before 2 months back, Mom Dad called me home".

and something more drastic was on its way. Arohi could feel it. She kept her face placid not letting any one know of the emotional turmoil she was having inside.

"After reaching...I...I got to know that Ayush has move out to stay with his girlfriend...He was in a relationship from last 2 years but none of us were aware...it was the time mom dad asked him about wedding date when he opened his mouth and explained about his relationship. Mom and Dad were torn and helpless...I have never seen them this broken till now..." He expressed with a hurtful sigh.

"It took me two days to muster up courage and express them about my feelings. I...I had told them that I want to marry you" he looked straight at her just to see the first emotion visible on her face.

"Ahh...so you are planning to replace your brother..." it was a sarcastic statement and that was the first time, Arohi felt pity over her ownself.

But her statement, made him agitated.

"Haven't you heard what I been saying?" He questioned with an underlying fury.

"I have heard each and everything...but nothing from it is explaining me as why are you sitting right here, infront of me...you should be sitting out planning things with my parents...isn't it?"

and Arjun got up, loosing his cool, and grabbed her arms to make her stand.

"I am sitting here to know what do you think about me...I am sitting here to know what you feel...Yes, I could have been sitting outside, making changes in plans with your parents cause that's how our family has been...parents make decisions for the kids...they had made it for you ad Ayush earlier but here I was trying to not to repeat the mistake...I came to India ahead of my parents just to make sure that you know me without any influence of our elders. I wanted to make sure that you get a say this time and that's why I am standing here in your room...with the permission of your parents who are sitting outside. And I wanted to let you know that even if you say No, no one will accuse of anything...My parents are ready to take all the blame...all they want is forgiveness...and me...all I want is a chance..." The agitation, the helplessness in his eyes conveyed how much in pain he himself was.

Releasing her arms, he moved back, never breaking the gaze.

"It was also not my fault that before I could realize my feelings, my parents asked you for my elder brother...It was not my fault that my brother refused to look the goodness in you...and now, it is not my fault that after realizing, after knowing what I feel, I want to have that chance of love with you...now is it?" and Arohi kept mum.

Arjun just stared at her for a moment and decided to give her time to think.

Still looking, he took three steps back before turning.

"You...you have all the time to decide Arohi...and you have full choice to accept or reject this proposal...all I know in the end is that whoever will have you, will be the lucky one...and I hope to be the one" Saying he opened the door, and left after closing it softly.

"Mom, Dad...Let's leave..." Arjun said as soon as he came out to the living room.

"But beta...what happened? Arohi..." Rekha started but stopped in between.

"Mom...Let her have some time...this time, I wont let anyone make a haste decision... and uncle aunty..." now he turned to Vishal and Dipti, " Please don't force her for anything...I promise, no one will say anything to your family or her...the whole responsibility will be of us... we are here to clear the matters...Just...just don't ask her to do anything which she wont like to". And taking blessings of the elders, Arjun left the home.

And there stood a happy Smiti with her ever so fond smile.

"I already asked you Vishal to fix the alliance with Sunny...he is the one who can keep my Arohi happy".

And Smiti was equally delighted to see Arjun taking stand for her Arohi.

-------------------

As the night fall, Arohi couldn't fall asleep. As asked, none of her parents had come to her to talk but her sisters did fill her up with the happenings. Laying at the corner of the bed along with her sisters, she realized that surprisingly, the regret or the feel of loss on the breakage of engagement was not dawning on her but now, her heart was thumping with the feelings he has expressed. Though, the words were not said out in open, she knew, they were there.

Snuggling the pillow more to her chest, she remember the days that they had spend in the camp. His irritating behaviour in the train to his helpful nature. His infectious smiles, his heart stealing grins and more than this, his attitude with the kids.

Through out the days, he didn't bug her with his presence but just let her feel it. They interacted less but whenever they did, he left her feeling a spark, she couldn't understood.

Finally, not able to take it anymore, she got up and decided to talk to only one person she knew can give her answers.

-------------------

Sneeking into the bed of her dadi, Arohi hugged her from the waist as she patted her hand without turning.

"Kia howa meri rani ko...Neend nahi aa rahi?" Smiti inquired as Arohi snuggled more.

"Dadi..." she whispered. "I am unclear..."

"Aru...Beta you don't need to decide anything right now...I know things seems bad but if you ask me, I think its for the betterment. It's good that we got to know about Ayush beforehand rather than making you get into a loveless marriage..." Dadi explained.

"I...I am not feeling bad because of it...surprizingly..." she explained.

"That's good...you shouldn't feel something for him...but tell me, how did you find Arjun?" Dadi inquired.

"It's...it's tough to say" she confessed.

"Haha...you know...he is a genuine boy...he came to our home in Shimla...right on the 3rd day after you came" Dadi explained, making her shocked.

"What?" She sat up in the bed, urging Smiti to turn and look at her.

Caressing Arohi's soft tresses as she leaned on the bed post, she started.

"Yes...you were off to camp when he came...He met me and explained things and also did give hint about the reason why he was there...All he needed was my permission and view on how I feel about the proposal"

"And what you said?" Her breath came in gasps.

"I told him that he has to win my daughter's heart...only then I will allow it...Though you do know that Sunny was always my choice" Dadi proudly declared once again just to make Arohi bit her lower lip and looking up with a rather glowing face.

"Take your time bacha...discover your feelings before making a decision".

--------------------------

7 months later. In Delhi

Arjun came out from the bathroom just to see his beautiful wife standing infront of the cupboard, trying to choose her dress for the day.

Just 2 days back, they got married and after fullfilling all the rituals, today, his saali sahibas were coming over to have breakfast with their Di and Jeeju.

Standing in just her pale yellow night gown with bed hairs and morning look, she was looking more ethereal than she was looking on their wedding but then, he never saw a more beautiful bride then her.

Oh lord! he was smitten.

Taking out a red sari having white blouse, she put that against herself.

"This will be perfect..." He whispered against her ears, making a slow smile grace her lips, before she was turned and backed against the shelves of the closet.

"Arjun...leave me...Sur and Pari will be coming...I still need to take shower"

"Ahaan..." and in response, he slide his hands slowly around her waist, taking a firm grip before leaning more onto her.

"Let me help you then..." and he shook his head vigrously, making the waterdrops from his wet hairs, splash on her face.

"Arjun..." She whinned and covered her face with the hands in order to stop her and then she heard. His infectious giggle.

"What are you doing?" Complaining in a cute voice, he heard her.

"Letting you know the water temperature..." He replied wickedly.

"Thank you, but no thank you..." she put her palms aginst his white vest chest in order to create some space. "I will check it myself"

"Oh...but why don't you check my temperature then...I think, I am getting fever" Holding her one hand, he moved it up to his head just to see her frown.

"You are perfectly normal Arjun..."

"Hmmm..." and he slide that hand to the side of his face, letting her palm feel the clentching of his temple before brushing the stubble against its softness.

"Ummm..." her breath stopped as his eyes were fixed on her and his hand were making her's feel sensual all over just by this simple act.

Her palm finally landed on his lips and they left a kiss before his teeth nipped on the soft skin.

"Ahhh..." she hissed as he removed her hand and pulled her plush aginst herself. The sari fell on the ground as he traced her face with a finger tip.

"Arjun...We are getting late...I...I...I need to..."

"Shhh...

Khoobsurat hai wo itna saha nahi jata
Kaise hum khud ko rok lain, raha nahi jata..." He said the versus with ardent dedication as his thumb traced her lips before sealing them with his own.

hugs...
luv ya...
ana :)
Edited by ..oneOone.. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AAKMH2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Res---edited

Beautiful Start

oh Ana..you always left me speechless

khubsurat hai.wo itna...da title & its arjun promising a very passionate ride ,)

eagrly Waiting...

Zyada mt tadpana

love ur each wordEdited by AAKMH2 - 8 years ago
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ana, thx for the new OS
Lovely start

What happened Ana? Here come for a warm virtual hug 🤗
Everything will be alright - with lots and lots of love from your Priya
Dark-Beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow new os
i love this flirt arjun
this journey 'll be very interesting
MyshaAlvi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yeee new os...luv u so much Ana
continue it I lyk flirty arjun ;)
and d title itself is very nice
..oneOone.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: AAKMH2

Res---edited

Beautiful Start

oh Ana..you always left me speechless

khubsurat hai.wo itna...da title & its arjun promising a very passionate ride ,)

eagrly Waiting...

Zyada mt tadpana

love ur each word

thank you so much mahi...
M so glad u liked the start...
will try k zyada na tarpaon...but u know my lazy speed :P
hehe
muwah😳
..oneOone.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arjuhisis

Ana, thx for the new OS
Lovely start

What happened Ana? Here come for a warm virtual hug 🤗
Everything will be alright - with lots and lots of love from your Priya

Hey priya...
first of all thank you for that hug...badly needed it 🤗
hug back...i so hope things get sorted out in my head...n life...
glad u liked the start :)
..oneOone.. thumbnail

thank you madhu :))😳
..oneOone.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dark-Beauty

Wow new os
i love this flirt arjun
this journey 'll be very interesting

hehe...he is flirt...but he is sweet...
after kharooos arjun...i want to write something sweet ;)
Arjuhi_kk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you for writing this 🤗

Felt so good after reading this... its so refreshing & beautiful ❤️

Arjun is such a cute flirt :* :*

Ye OS bahut khoobsurat hai ❤️