Never The One (A Steroline and Delena fanfic)

jhanvi.55 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey Guys, This is my first tvd fanfic. I'm also posting this on wattpad. The story predominantly starts with Steroline but eventually would have focus on both Steroline and Delena. Please like and comment and let me know what you think of it.

NEVER THE ONE

Caroline Forbes is an extraordinary, beautiful and strong woman. She is a generous friend and a bright light in the sea of dark. She has come a long way since the time she became a vampire. She has grown up, she has loved and she has lost. But even after all these years she feels one thing hasn't changed, She is never the one...
This story is set after season 6 (after episode 6x22).

[Pairings: Stefan and Caroline, Damon and Elena, others]

This is a multi chapter story told mainly from Caroline's point of view.

Disclaimer: All Rights with respect to the characters and the Vampire Diaries universe rest with L.J. Smith, Julie Plec, etc. I do not own it, I am writing for no-profit entertainment purpose.
Edited by Frida_Addams - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jhanvi.55 thumbnail
Index

Chapter 1: After the Storm ... Page 1
jhanvi.55 thumbnail
CHAPTER 1: AFTER THE STORM

It has been an year since that wedding. It was supposed to perfect. It was supposed to be Alaric and Jo's special day, I was supposed to hide the grief of my mother's loss beneath all the preparation fuss, everyone was supposed to be happy. But Kai ruined it all. Alaric lost his wife and soon to be born twin kids. His world shattered that day. And as if that was not enough, Kai put a sleeping spell on Elena. And no, this sleeping spell would not be broken by her lover's kiss, it would break only when one of her best friends, Bonnie, dies. Even though Damon killed Kai eventually, the pain inflicted seems beyond repair.

It has been an year since I've seen Elena, I miss her! Things have changed so much with her gone. 
I wish last year was only a nightmare I could wake up from, and then mom would hug me and tell me that everything is alright. 
But mom is dead, Elena is in a spell that would break after decades, Bonnie has been staying in New York for a large part of the year, Matt has gone away for his Police training, Tyler has gone away I don't even know where, Damon and Alaric have totally devoted themselves to preventing the freaky Witchpyres from creating havoc, and Stefan... He stays here and helps Damon and Alaric whenever the need be, he has been trying to make his mother see him and Damon as her sons again, he makes sure to go to New York every once in a while to check on Bonnie, he has given me the space to live a life without him but he calls at times to check if I am ok. I am glad that he snapped out of his escapist phase and is being himself. 
He told me that he had feelings for me too and that he'd wait for me till I feel ready to have him back in my life. I wanted him in my life then and I want him now too. Before anything else he was my best friend, my support system, I miss him, but I am not yet ready to have him back. I at times feel my falling for him ruined everything for us. What was I thinking? I should have made peace, a long time ago, with the fact that I am never the one. Yes, he eventually said that he likes me but somehow I am not so sure. I know that I am important to him and he loves me but some part of me just can't accept that he is 'in love' with me, or that he can ever be... and till I have this feeling in my heart I am not going to make him a part of my life again, because I fear that if I shatter this time I might remain that way.

This last year I have been at college, doing my Drama major, performing on and off the stage, having control over the little parts of life that I can have control over. 
Control is all I have. 

jhanvi.55 thumbnail
CHAPTER 2 : The Plan

"Hey Blondie" 

I heard Damon's voice and quickly turned around to find him standing in my dorm.

"What's wrong Damon? What are you doing here!" I ask, there must be something important that would have brought him here.
"I came to cheer you for your performance" Damon smirks, he has picked up one of the many flyers lying in the dorm for my tonight's performance of the Shakespearean drama Macbeth. 
I frown, "Damon please come to the point. Why are you here?"
Damon smirks again but his eyes have lost the sparkle. I know living without Elena is eating him up, it is hard for all of us but with Damon it is so much more worse.
He slowly moves towards my bed and sits at the edge, his eyes resting on his palms.
It a few minutes before he looks up and starts to speak, "This witchpyre gang is a menace! We have been trying to prevent them from creating havoc but they are becoming nastier. Stefan still feels that we can make our dear mother and her family of freaks see reason but I know better, and I have come here to ask for your help."
"What's the plan? When are we fighting them?" I ask.
Damon gives out a hollow laugh, "No fighting for you blondie... All you need to do is to keep my little brother occupied till tomorrow afternoon. The sooner you can get him out from Mystic Falls the better!"
"What! I haven't really talked to Stefan in more than a few syllable in the past year, what am I supposed to say to him? I could probably track him, snap his neck and keep him unconscious for a while I guess" I say with a distaste.
"I am fully capable of snapping people's necks myself Caroline. I'll manage rest of the plan along with Ric, you just need to call him here... ask him to come for tonight's performance. He has been wanting to talk to you for so long, he'll come without a doubt!"
"What is going on in your head Damon? Please don't do anything reckless! If anything happens to you Stefan would be devastated, he would be lost forever! And you very well know what will happen when Elena finally wakes up to find that the love of her life couldn't keep himself safe for a few decades... After all the hardships and sacrifices she deserves to have a happy life with you... and Ric has-" 
Damon cut me short "I understand! Ric and I will try and stay alive. And I'll tell you everything later. Now can you do what I have asked of you or not?"
I glare at him for a few moments. I don't know what to do, I don't want any more suffering to happen. But I can see that Damon has set his mind to it, he would go ahead with his plan with or without me. 
"Okay, I'll do my best" I sigh.
Damon nods and leaves at Vamp speed. 

I take out my cellphone and dial Stefan number. The phone rings twice before Stefan answers.
"Hey Caroline" He asks, "Is everything alright?"

"Hey" I speak in a small voice feeling a little awkward talking to him after such a long while.

"How are you?" He asks, he sounds worried. 
"I am fine Stefan" I mumble, "I have this show tonight, I was wondering if you could come down here to watch it and then maybe we could hang out a little?"

Silence.
"Stefan are you still there?"

"Yupp" I hear his slightly chirpy voice and feel a little smile curve up my lips.

"Friends and family of every actor on tonight's drama are coming, I could do with a friendly face in the audience too" I say to him, I really was thinking of this before Damon came. But I probably would have ended up not calling Stefan if it wasn't for him and his plan.
"I'll be there Caroline, I'll leave from here right away" Stefan replies, "I'll see you in a couple of hours!"
"See ya" I mumble back and cut the call.

I really hope Damon and Alaric have come up with something good, there are a lot of things at stake.

jhanvi.55 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Denziltuna

Its lovely..do update😊

Thanks :) As there are not many reader's here I have stopped updating on India-forums, but you can read the updates on wattpad, here's the link to the story:

Never The One

--Charming-- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow its awesome πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜› I love this 
MsPrez thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Really amazing!!!!!
Please continue!!!!
fundy thumbnail
awesome dear... i always relished and cherished steroline right frm d start ...don't knw y , even befre they were a thing i had a thing fa them .

πŸ˜‰

thanq fa sucha nyc story
GolguppaGuzzler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
this is lovely! had a good read!!