Krishan Kanhaiya- New story ?

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

After series of useless shows from Sab Tv, I was keenly looking forward to this show. However, I was always apprehensive on why Sab tv is attempting another show when it already has Yam hai Hum  which has the story on the same lines. Also, we have Neeli Chatri wale and movies like PK, OMG or Dharam Sankat mein to comapre the show. Why such risk ?

Nevertheless. the first episode was just okay for me. First drawback was the opening of the show. We had a voice over on why did God made this or that. It was beautiful and then it ended quickly. It should have introduced us to the family. Suddenly a bhajan is being sung, a woman is dancing aimlessly, another probably cooking and then there goes series of small incidents and we try ot figure who is playing the roles of father, mother or wife.

Kanhaiya lal has a pretty large family. His father adn mother has thier own tu tu mein mein moments. His teenage son and the actor is the most cliched thing I have seen so far in the Sab Tv land. In every show this actor is playing the same nikhattu kind of role. I won't wonder much if we witness his gf o love interest in the next episode.

Kanhaiyalal is an atheist. I am good with it but why has Sab tv so keen on mannat tracks and all these mannats are promised by the wife to be fulfilled by the man of the house. Despite of knowing what he thinks about God, the wife happily surrenders the prasad to her husband and he as per his character taunts God on how the food served here in the temple comes from his money. How his wife is spending 100 ruppee per week to donate in the so called bank of Bhagwan.

In the next scene, we learn his daughter wants to pursue an engineering course and that means expenditure. So, guess what our Kanhaiyalal do ? Yes, he steal it from the temple believing he has invested enough in that donation box and therefore the money is rightfully his. Irrespective of how logical or illogical this point is I am amused how a man owning a large and designer house and the man who donates 100 rupee each week ( atleast 400 ruppess a month) cannot afford an engineering course. Now a days engineering course has become quite common with every second middle class parent going for it without breaking a law. Besides, educational loans are also available.

One good thing is the choice of actors. Apart one or two most of them look real to me. The actor playing Kishan has the much needed attitude of Lord Krishna. I like the modernized look of the new Krishna. Quite impressive.

So, if the makers or Sab tv is listening then all I request for is that  for heaven sake try new things and don't cling to the age old sitcoms for they are making good trps.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Yes! It had struck me too! He, having such a huge house, must have some savings! Or, how does a chaiwala have such a house? Maybe his father had had it constructed.
But yes, the show's portrayal of the various emotions of the characters is really nice. And the Krishna out looked so cute as he changed his forms, especially as that dudhwaala!
1017 thumbnail
I'm enjoying the episodes a lot so far...I started crying at the end of the Parth one for some reason, with the comparison to the Krishna-Sudama story 
From the launch, a short (less than a minute) interview with actor playing Krishna: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S91UGEZ5r7I
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
^Yes! That was very nicely done!
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I am enjoying the show right now. The guy who plays Lord Krishna is nice 
1017 thumbnail
Is anyone watching other Krishna shows they would recommend? I am watching Krishna Aur Balram on Rishtey (children animation) and waiting for the Krishna-Radha show on Zee to start
ragsmastlife thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its a fine show.not bad kinda.just its time dnt suit me
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ragsmastlife

Its a fine show.not bad kinda.just its time dnt suit me

Same here
ragsmastlife thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dey.bh

Same here

Read somewhere its time is going to changw n will air at 7:30pm
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: 1017

Is anyone watching other Krishna shows they would recommend? I am watching Krishna Aur Balram on Rishtey (children animation) and waiting for the Krishna-Radha show on Zee to start

shri Krishna directed by ramanand sagar. it is an old serial it doesn't air on tv(i think) but it is available  on youtube