Miilee bichhad gayi-Splits wid her bf

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Miilee bichhad gayi
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   October 21, 2006

Mona Wasu and Jitu Savlani

The on-again-off-again relationship between telly actress Mona Wasu (Miilee) and her photographer boyfriend Jitu Savlani is finally over. For some time now, there was speculation about trouble brewing between the couple. Now, Mona and Jitu have parted ways for good.

It's over

Talking to HiTLIST from Delhi, where she is celebrating Diwali with her family, the actress said. "We split two months ago. It was an amicable decision. We are still in touch and are just friends now."

The couple had been dating for nearly two years. Jitu shot Mona's first portfolio when she joined the entertainment industry, and they became more than just good friends.

So what went wrong? Mona didn't want to elaborate. She said, "We had differences. Why else would any couple split?"

Jitu too endorsed that he is no longer dating Mona, but also underplayed the friction between them. He said, "We both got engrossed in our respective work and were not able to give each other sufficient time. Mona was doing a daily show. Lately, I've also been travelling with film units. But we still talk to each other and are friends."

Professional plans

Jitu has been busy shooting publicity campaigns with Mandira Bedi's husband Raj Kaushal on the sets of Rubaru, starring Randeep Hooda and newcomer Shahna. He is also working on Sanjay Gupta's Shoot Out At Lokhandwala, Woodstock Villa and Dus Kahaniyan.

Mona says that she is taking a break from television. After Miilee, she took a month off to visit Ladakh. "As soon as I return to Mumbai, I will look for a good secretary. I have met a couple of producers, like Sudhir Mishra for one. I want to do films now. Maybe a reality show or some anchoring on TV is fine, but no fiction. What works on Indian television are daily serials and they consume too much time. I refused quite a few serials after Miilee."

In retrospect, does she think that making her debut on television was a mistake? "I don't think so. I agree that it's not easy to get film roles after doing TV, but I've always wanted to do films. Miilee has given me recognition, so I don't have to explain to filmmakers who I am."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/october/145335.htm