Asian Age:Glad to be of help

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

TV stars, most of whom will be part of the promo for the Prime Minister's World Yoga Day initiative, talk about the importance of yoga in their lives

Saumya Tandon

Yoga is a part of my life'
I have been practicing yoga for a long time. I do Surya Namaskars before my workout as a cardio warm up. Apart from that I do Kapalbhati and Anulom-Vilom almost regularly."

Saumya says that Surya Namaskar is her favourite Asana. "It's a great form of cardiovascular exercise," she says, adding, "If done slowly, it's good for toning, flexibility and relaxation. I also like Tibetan Yoga. The five Tibetan rites are magical and are the secrets of the long and youthful life of the Lamas."

"I have learnt Yoga from various people and over the years I have realised that it's very important to learn from the right guru. Doing yoga wrong can harm. Many people end up having back pains and knee troubles if their postures are not correct," she adds. She feels that everyone should incorporate yoga in their day-to-day lives. "I have experienced benefits from Kapalbhati and Anulom-Vilom. These two kriyas are good for relaxation, treating respiratory disorders and also toning abdomen muscles."

About TV stars being approached by the government for World Yoga Day, she says, "TV stars become a part of everyday lives of crores of people in India. I think it's a great medium to reach out to millions."

Lipika Varma

Edited by Sutapasima - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PRAGD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

TFS

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

TV stars, most of whom will be part of the promo for the Prime Minister's World Yoga Day initiative, talk about the importance of yoga in their lives

Saumya Tandon

Yoga is a part of my life'
I have been practicing yoga for a long time. I do Surya Namaskars before my workout as a cardio warm up. Apart from that I do Kapalbhati and Anulom-Vilom almost regularly."

Saumya says that Surya Namaskar is her favourite Asana. "It's a great form of cardiovascular exercise," she says, adding, "If done slowly, it's good for toning, flexibility and relaxation. I also like Tibetan Yoga. The five Tibetan rites are magical and are the secrets of the long and youthful life of the Lamas."

"I have learnt Yoga from various people and over the years I have realised that it's very important to learn from the right guru. Doing yoga wrong can harm. Many people end up having back pains and knee troubles if their postures are not correct," she adds. She feels that everyone should incorporate yoga in their day-to-day lives. "I have experienced benefits from Kapalbhati and Anulom-Vilom. These two kriyas are good for relaxation, treating respiratory disorders and also toning abdomen muscles."

About TV stars being approached by the government for World Yoga Day, she says, "TV stars become a part of everyday lives of crores of people in India. I think it's a great medium to reach out to millions."

Lipika Varma