Symphony 28 - Page 137

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 6 years ago
Media finds it convenient to portray a lot of negativity and statements that can be twisted turned and squeezed  and newsworthy to them...It rarely highlights the grit and resilience of the woman...I work in an area which has the highest female infanticide, single women and women affected with HIV...With governments doling out freebies  there is hardly any motivation in one section while the survival instinct is so strong that there are so many girls striving to move up with their hard work and resilience...working at home...in other homes to supplement family resources cycling their way to school and proving year after year of their capability. Media does not celebrate them...Kids could easily recognise the face of Malala but had hardly heard Sathyarthi ...his name rarely mentioned or seen his picture or heard of his work...
We get a few strong role models which we celebrate...The women scientists dont rake in moolah like a controversial statement by Deepika

Originally posted by srividyamouli

Media finds it convenient to portray a lot of negativity and statements that can be twisted turned and squeezed  and newsworthy to them...It rarely highlights the grit and resilience of the woman...I work in an area which has the highest female infanticide, single women and women affected with HIV...With governments doling out freebies  there is hardly any motivation in one section while the survival instinct is so strong that there are so many girls striving to move up with their hard work and resilience...working at home...in other homes to supplement family resources cycling their way to school and proving year after year of their capability. Media does not celebrate them...Kids could easily recognise the face of Malala but had hardly heard Sathyarthi ...his name rarely mentioned or seen his picture or heard of his work...
We get a few strong role models which we celebrate...The women scientists dont rake in moolah like a controversial statement by Deepika

So well written, Bollywood is too busy backing the likes of Salman. They only go after scientists and mere mortals if they see a "biopic" in it. Mary Kom, Milkha, Neerja Bhanot. What a shame her story will be essayed by someone like Sonam Kapoor with an IQ of 10, and "acting quotient" of ZERO!!
Ask Pee Ceee where Mary Kom is today? she probably will ask u "Mary who?" So true Satyarthi has done tremendous work, but Malala is a celebrityCry Medha Patkar, Dr Kurien (Amul --Gujarat Dairy Federation) and the hundreds and thousands of NGO workers across India have done a million times more than Aamir but Aamir rakes in the big bucks by prostituting the poor on prime time. Since his show is title "Satyameva Jayate" we must all bow in reverence, and recommend a Bharat Ratna for him.

Edited by Nisha0604 - 6 years ago
I dont say celebrating Malala is wrong
She survived a bullet...a Taliban attack? 

What after that? 

There are many girls her age many women in India who go unnoticed doing things as such!! 
Why doesnt media get to the grassroots of the nation and cover stories of bravery ??

I dont really understand logic behind celebrating a few people... I mean I find it silly when I compare those instances with the  heart wrenching ones that happen in our own country. 

We all go gaga over whatever the media highlights. I wonder if we seriously have nothing to celebrate in our nation? 
Edited by Ashu25 - 6 years ago
Namratha - Sorry.. Forgot to mention!! 
Loved them all... You write beautifully!! 
Keep writing :))
What I meant was not ignoring survivors like Malala but also highlighting the travails of young girls who persist against all odds...there are many people like our own Vani who are doing their bit to be the change...I head a school listed as a changemaker school...yet i feel i am not doing as much as schools in  remote places across the country...I feel there are so many women of substance around us...i had women belonging to a self help group i am involved with asking me to help buy gold coins...i had a chat with them as to what happens when they face a financial crunch and at the end of half an hour they were ready to start a dairy(they have been successfully running it for a good 8 years now) to me these women who toil hard to keep the family together who walk great distances to fetch water and fodder...who persist against the injustice of society is each a celebrity ...
Thank you so much ashu...!! Big smile
Thanks a lot nouf...!!to I get full gate pass now??

Good morning sab ko LOLHug

Update : that dialogue ROFL
And four kids II...now you know...start dreaming of future with them
Nisha ek into the future dedo plz...uske 4 kids and dude ka
Weekend ka gift 
Plzzz

She announced she will !miss him...if they are going to get this expressive I wouldn't mind tiny saperation 

Ranjan...what is he going through?
Nisha can we get a tiny glimpse of that
Wonderful update Nisha.
Direct jump from 3 to 4Smile. Please plan for at least one. Ranjan, RnB and SoSY world is putting pressure on you for baby.
Nisha just caught up with the updates J to J and Missing you... beautifully written as always. Their pain is palpable.
BUT I'm missing not being able to join in the fab conversation you guys are having on the thread. 

YESSS Mahesh's pic Clap. I somehow imagined one of them to be amma all through the tale. The lady in the show don't remember her actually. NAMO - My take on it if he can make the roads safe for us, clamp down on the big C, on privilege that people seem to get for belonging to coteries of every kind - moneyed elite, the right DNA or just the networks, and the young and not so young women in India can find their way quite comfortably. I would treat this as the rest of his rhetoric...and look at his work!

I'm in the midst of a emotional ride at work .. 1 day down 4 to go..missing the time here. 

Thank you for the tale...can't even begin to tell you how the insanity here keeps me sane and smiling in real life!!

DOnt know about leaving fear for faith. does not come easily to me but smiles for stares ( I seem to be getting a bunch of it now at work Cry) that comes easily thanks to this tale and the SoSy family!Embarrassed