Heights of Gullibility, Depths of Deception

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
It is disgusting, but not surprising that like a toxic spider, Jogs has spun an intricate web of deceit and lies to trap the innocent prey --his own son and daughter-in-law. As part of the deal, where he gets a suitcase crammed with 1000 rupee notes, Jogs has sold Payal's face and voice to advertise a nefarious tutorial agency that passes its students by bribing unsavory officials.

However, It is rather surprising that Payal yet again takes the stance of siding with her corrupt in-laws in convincing her husband to accept another deal planned by the parents.  How many instances of the depths of their deceit does she need to see before she learns that they cannot be trusted at all? I can understand the pressure that she was under to get married knowing full well the nature of the in-laws. At that time, the love for her parents led her to not heed Gulkand's advice. But what is wrong with her now? How can Payal go along with this "surprise" partnership, when she has just returned after spending an unplanned morning being paraded as a "surprise" guest-in-honor for an inaugural function, and learning that the father-in-law actually planned everything, and even accepted money for this deal behind her back? I can understand this behavior from someone uneducated and naive, but being an engineer and encountering and deflecting corruption on a daily basis should have made Payal at least sensitive to the various and persistent faces of greed and the underhanded means that people use to get their way.

Bhuvanesvar Rai, Payal's poor father would be tearing out what little hair he has left in clumps if he came to know that his daughter has learned nothing after a lifetime of his coaching her on avoiding such pitfalls. I have nothing to say about Dev, except that he and Payal are a great match on the gullibility scale. Jug-jug jiyo, ayushman bhava! Perhaps both of them need to enroll in a coaching center for how to recognize corruption, and how deal with the deceitful and greedy parents. Payal also needs cognitive therapy to cope with her amnesia!

The way Payal's character is unfolding is beyond disappointing. She is like Gandhari, the wife of the blind king, Dritarashtra in the Mahabharata. When she got married to the blind king, Gandhari should have said that she would be Dhritarashtra's eyes and ears, his support and his sight. Instead, she chose to tie a bandage on her eyes for the rest of her life after her marriage. One was blind by birth, and the other willfully blinded herself after her marriage. Epics like the Mahabharata offer timeless metaphors of human archetypes that are still relevant today. Now our only hope is that Payal and Dev do not give birth to offspring such as Duryodhana and Dusshasana! Om shantih.
Edited by aimf - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@aimf

Wonderful post!

I totally agree - Payal's behavior today defies all logic including that of tellyworld.

How on earth did this woman get through engineering college when she does not display an ounce of analytical thinking?

And, how did she land the job of PWD engineer when she cannot display critical thinking when making a decision?

Dev may have been a Dhritirashtra before marriage - but now, he is trying his level best to keep his eyes open.  Payal is a Gandhari who is forcing her husband to remain blind and not use his eyesight.

I only hope that Gul comes to the rescue of Dev and Payal!  Gul may be sharp tongued but she is worldy wise!
aimf thumbnail
Thanks for the comment!

You have made a brilliant about Dev trying to keep his eyes open after marriage, and Payal forcing him to regress.

Gul has been conveniently "sent away" for the evening by the CVs. Perhaps the nefarious deal will be sealed, along with the fate of this show, in her absence!πŸ˜†

nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
O o looks like a bad epi s on my way, poor meπŸ˜”...

2 days back oly, v had Payal having a flashback of her father teaching on how 2 tackle this kind of situation, but still she ignores it...
anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Thanks for the comment!

You have made a brilliant about Dev trying to keep his eyes open after marriage, and Payal forcing him to regress.

Gul has been conveniently "sent away" for the evening by the CVs. Perhaps the nefarious deal will be sealed, along with the fate of this show, in her absence!πŸ˜†

If the deal is sealed then the only hope is that Payal and Dev truly WAKE up and FIGHT back tooth and nail.  

Gul's  may be loud - but she is courageous.  I wish Payal had at least 5% of her guts!
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

It is disgusting, but not surprising that like a toxic spider, Jogs has spun an intricate web of deceit and lies to trap the innocent prey --his own son and daughter-in-law. As part of the deal, where he gets a suitcase crammed with 1000 rupee notes, Jogs has sold Payal's face and voice to advertise a nefarious tutorial agency that passes its students by bribing unsavory officials.

However, It is rather surprising that Payal yet again takes the stance of siding with her corrupt in-laws in convincing her husband to accept another deal planned by the parents.  How many instances of the depths of their deceit does she need to see before she learns that they cannot be trusted at all? I can understand the pressure that she was under to get married knowing full well the nature of the in-laws. At that time, the love for her parents led her to not heed Gulkand's advice. But what is wrong with her now? How can Payal go along with this "surprise" partnership, when she has just returned after spending an unplanned morning being paraded as a "surprise" guest-in-honor for an inaugural function, and learning that the father-in-law actually planned everything, and even accepted money for this deal behind her back? I can understand this behavior from someone uneducated and naive, but being an engineer and encountering and deflecting corruption on a daily basis should have made Payal at least sensitive to the various and persistent faces of greed and the underhanded means that people use to get their way.

Bhuvanesvar Rai, Payal's poor father would be tearing out what little hair he has left in clumps if he came to know that his daughter has learned nothing after a lifetime of his coaching her on avoiding such pitfalls. I have nothing to say about Dev, except that he and Payal are a great match on the gullibility scale. Jug-jug jiyo, ayushman bhava! Perhaps both of them need to enroll in a coaching center for how to recognize corruption, and how deal with the deceitful and greedy parents. Payal also needs cognitive therapy to cope with her amnesia!

The way Payal's character is unfolding is beyond disappointing. She is like Gandhari, the wife of the blind king, Dritarashtra in the Mahabharata. When she got married to the blind king, Gandhari should have said that she would be Dhritarashtra's eyes and ears, his support and his sight. Instead, she chose to tie a bandage on her eyes for the rest of her life after her marriage. One was blind by birth, and the other willfully blinded herself after her marriage. Epics like the Mahabharata offer timeless metaphors of human archetypes that are still relevant today. Now our only hope is that Payal and Dev do not give birth to offspring such as Duryodhana and Dusshasana! Om shantih.

My exact thoughts when I watched the precap...

Huge disappointment...having nothing to say...

Excellent Post...πŸ‘...Wish CVs read this...but no they will ignore...as usual.
Edited by chitsri65 - 8 years ago
aimf thumbnail
@nirmala

Yes, it is an episode that promises to try the patience of a sadhu!
aimf thumbnail
@ chitra

Yes, very disappointing episode!

Now there is a new promo where Dev stops Payal from giving the outlaws her salary. Big deal. Jogs was not born yesterday and neither was Santoshi. They will find new and creative ways to milk Payal Gai, that is all!
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

@ chitra

Yes, very disappointing episode!

Now there is a new promo where Dev stops Payal from giving the outlaws her salary. Big deal. Jogs was not born yesterday and neither was Santoshi. They will find new and creative ways to milk Payal Gai, that is all!

I prefer to act deaf and dumb...the precap and then the promo...OMG...
NBT-BV thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I love your post. The analogy is so true. Gandhari didn't blindfold her to have the feel of her husband as many try to project but it was her revenge to herself or fate. Payal also seems to have closed her mind as a denial for her stupidity.

I've been consistently saying she has no self esteem. No person would like to be fooled knowingly and still deny it. She's just a moron who can't pu 2 +2 together. Neither natru nor Dev are no achievers in the society to get such a partnership and our most intelligent pwd engineer can't see the motive. The explanation for inducting the partner is so lame that even a child would smell a conspiracy.

May be Payal has got COLD and can't smell the rot - Jai ho Moorkhata ki Devi😊