10x22; What Happens When You Keep Renewing The Show

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Cutting straight to the chase,

I have watched each and every episode of Supernatural, every last one of the seasons. Gore and grief were always there, right from the beginning. But there was also a plot, a story we wanted to see unravel. Now, it's Dean and Sam, everybody else dying or inches away from it and our attachment to the former.

The quantum of morality in the show, especially in this season, has gone down the freaking drain. Personally, the last straw for me was Dean murdering the Styne kid. The show, undoubtedly, has been about Dean and Sam trying to keep each other alive, from the very beginning. But know this, it just doesn't fit anymore. Ten odd years and now, it feels like they are two self-important dickbags who dun even realize just how much blood is on their hands. Sure, Dean's got the Mark, he cannot control most of what he does. Sure, Sam will keep trying to save Dean until he does.

Point is, for how long?

I love this show, and that's precisely why I want it to be done. This genre isn't exactly supposed to be logical, but I have always respected and loved the boys. I am afraid, the story will get so f**ked up by the next season that I'd end up feeling like Dean and Sam too, stuck in this endlessly shitty loop of guilt and misery. In fact, I do feel like that, watching the show, how there is such mindless violence but we're okay as long as Dean and Sam make it alive or promise to be reborn in the next season.

But I'd be watching season 11 and then a season 12 if there is one, given the aforementioned attachment. All I mean to convey right now is that, f**k this, good god, end this already. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

-thegameison

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

PS Still deciding whether of not to watch because I'm so ๐Ÿฅบ even if no one died in this episode. Who's left to die, anyway? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited.

I just finished watching. I had my head up in my hands the entire time and I have to say this now, I fail to recognise this show anymore. I don't recognise Sam, I don't recognise Dean and I don't recognise any one of them. They're all just somebody else, this show is something else. I could actually write long, very long essay on this with the capslock on but what's the point? 

I'M DONE. SO DONE. 

Edited by .annihilation. - 8 years ago
HaymurS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
yet to watch the epi but yes...morality factor has gone down...during starting seasons it was all saving ppl hunting things and the story moved piece by piece..plots were build and executed very interesting way...NOW...story arcs happens in season premiere,mid season finale and then season finale..and to fill the middle epis they throw monster of the week epis with BTS deanmon๐Ÿ˜†
quality has suffered ..yes...but what can i say...i love dean sam n definitely wathc till the show airs๐Ÿ˜†just like u said๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ณ

i was quite fond of deanomon arc but accepts that it has gone like the wind๐Ÿ˜†kab ayi kab gayi pata hi nahi chala...๐Ÿ˜†doubt hota ahi ki ye arc hi thi nah?????๐Ÿ˜†

writers need to build plots and arcs very carefully n simultaneouly epi by epi intsead of just main premieres n finale...its lke middle epis doesnt matter...

n lets not talk about how foolishly brainy ppl die here๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Kit_Kat - 8 years ago
annihilation thumbnail
GOODLORD. THIS IS AWFUL.
My show, my only show. Dying its death, unimaginably horrible death.

I CAN'T.

๐Ÿฅบ
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I never saw the show high on moral grounds to be honest . They came into this business purely for revenge. Like Bela once pointed out.They are nothing better than what she was. Point was back then u could differentiate or atleast draw out a line for them where they always emerged as the good guys. 
As for everybody dying other than Sam and Dean. That has also been a forever plot so that doesn't bother me either. What bothers me is that it keeps recycling on an annual basis. Dean pretty much made it a point back in season 2 when Sam died. He didn't care if the world got destroyed then. He was ok with everything ending. Thats how I saw them then. As long as their brother is in one piece they will go and save lives. 

Then the families extended and more people came into their lives but they still kepts dying only to pile in  more pain and guilt and drama into the show and characters. Thats what pushed the show for ten years. This is something that the genre and these kind of writers love to work with. I m ok with that too.

I think the writers have always pointed out this idea that when people dedicate their entire lives fighting monsters how long until they themselves become one. It has always been a thing they toyed around with and maybe finally they are coming to terms with it. I always compare this show with army mens life. Its not easy, fair or right but its something that someone had to take up.

I can still see them as the good guys with some very very bad stuffs they did. What is upsetting is that the story and plots make no sense anymore. The character they create or kill has no solid justification for themselves. Stein family was just created to kill Charlie and Dean to have a blood bath. Charlie was killed just to push Dean over the edge. The writers need to be change if the show wants to breathe anymore. They don't know what show they are writing. They don't know what characters they are writing for anymore. 
annihilation thumbnail
I'm not even in a state to write something that's sounds sensible, something like you both (K and Sindhu) did. I just feel mad. Allow me to be mad, please?
I FEEL ARGHHH. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
annihilation thumbnail
I have this brilliant idea that even beat the shit we're being served.

Dean can become death, reaper or whatever the hell they want him to turn into, kill Sam. Castiel can die in that cross-fire between Crowley and Rowena. Rowena kills Crowley and then just before dying, he manages to kill Rowena. And then, Dean eventually dies rotting in hell or whatever his home place would be. Everybody dies. The show ends. TADAAA! 

Let them all just die
Edited by .annihilation. - 8 years ago
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
You need to calm down. Just one more epi and then its hiatus. All will get settiled ๐Ÿ˜† Charlie's spirit will come to whack both of them.
Think about J2 shopping together till then. ๐Ÿ˜† Maybe Jared will go for another hair cut in Rome today and Jensen will question his life choices while watching those lucious locks fall on the ground. Or maybe lets pray that Jared comes out of Rome in one piece ๐Ÿ˜† Anything but the epi ๐Ÿ˜†
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

I have this brilliant idea that even beat the shit we're being served.

Dean can become death, reaper or whatever the hell they want him to turn into, kill Sam. Castiel can die in that cross-fire between Crowley and Rowena. And then, Dean eventually dies rotting in hell or whatever his home place would be. The show ends. TADAAA! 

Let them all just die. 

Season 11 will be hunting souls then ???  Please let that happen. Happy glowing souls . 
annihilation thumbnail
Calm down? S e r i o u s l y? ๐Ÿ˜ณ How are you even holding yourself up? No wait, may be you feel differently about the show. You see, this is my only show or rather was my only show. And honestly, Sam and Dean mattered to me so much more than Jensen and Jared ever did. So, its a little difficult to concentrate on the actors I like whom I began to like only after having loved their characters. 

Also, I never want Charlie to be back if she'll come back as a ghost. Ghost, spirit, imagination, hallucination, soul from Heaven, Hell or Purgatory. Human Charlie or no Charlie, please.