A little disappointed......

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
NOTE: This could be a very long topic. So people who want to assume I made it to bash Nandini, I request you to atleast read it before bashing me. Else if u decide to skip it then atleast dont bash me without reading what I have to say. Its a humble request πŸ˜³

Well I know going by the title many of you might skip this post thinking I am here to bash Nandini πŸ€” but I only want to state my views here. I do not intend to offend any fan group here but being a viewer of this show I wanted to make this post.
The reason why I got hooked to this show was not because it was a youth show. Not even because it had a hot male lead with a cool backdrop. What actually made me want to watch this show was the way the female lead here was portrayed. I was more impressed with Nandini's character and of course the Fab 5 friendship. She was different from the tons of female leads we get to see in the soaps. She stood for what was right but she never went overboard. She did not simply take panga with Manik just because she detested him and she defo didn't go overboard with being a do-gooder. She took a stand when Fab 5 targeted Navya and even when Manik tortured her, she took a right stand to punch him not because she felt he needed it because he was an A class jerk back then but because she was wronged. And I loved that about her πŸ‘ It took guts to point out to him that he thinks of others as toys in front of the whole college and point out the whole lot was mentally sick in their head. 

Even when Manik bound her to a contract and made her do all possible disgusting stuff, she didn't judge him or mistake his intentions to be bad in every other thing he did. For example when she saw how he rushed to Dhruv when he got the attack she realised he is not that much of a monster. If it was a typical heroine she would have had something nasty to say about that as well. 

She didn't go mooney eyed everytime he came close to her in the initial days when she despised him. The same thing if u take other shows even if the heroine pretended to hate the hero everytime he got close to her and shared an eye lock the girl went weak in the knees. But Nandini expressed her discomfort. The comfort level came in only when some of that hatred disappeared and I loved that too for it seemed natural. Even when he got intimate with her on diwali night and she lost herself in the moment too, she snapped out of it thinking of Alya instead of first getting cozy with him and then shouting at him for betraying Alya. This was the Nandini I loved so much for handling everything so maturely. She knew the feelings were mutual, so she did not blame Manik for getting close to her even though she assumed he was still Alya's boyfriend.

And even when she got to know Manik had dumped her for the sake of his friend's happiness and not to avenge his insult, she did not pout like an angry kitten. She took a firm stand. She did not punch Manik when he broke her heart for she knew that even if he did that, he could do it because she was the one who gave it to him. She punched him because he had treated her like a toy like she rightfully pointed out. I loved it when she asked him where was her right to choose?

This was the Nandini Murthy I loved so much and I wonder where is she now? πŸ˜•

Ever since Manik's (hand) accident I just could not see that person at all. She wants to go back to Manik. I get it. Matters of the heart are complicated and you can't really stay mad at a person for long. When they get together she tells him she wants to start by being friends. Like really? πŸ˜• Where did this thought go when she kissed him on the eve of Musicana? She was just beginning to get along with him but she had decided to be his shining star even then. Then why all of a sudden after all that, she wanted to start with friendship? Manik never forced himself on her. When he did try to get close and she stopped him, he did not pursue it anymore. He gave her her space. Then what was the need? 😳 I just could not understand her behavior back then. Then during Soha fiasco she lost trust on him momentarily. Even though I was mat at her for that, I could still give her that benefit of doubt since too many people were saying too many things and it messed up her head. After that when Manik asked her to stay away, she literally begged him to stop her. Nandini was never shown to be desperate, then why did she have to be then? πŸ˜• She could have atleast given Manik his space. I know many will argue that Manik didn't her that space when she was hurt but that was Manik. He is known to be reckless but Nandini was always the sensible one. Then Manik puts that ridiculous condition about performing together in FC and she accepts it. OK, maybe she wanted to win his trust back. But even when Manik assured her he no longer cared about the FC she was adamant they perform together 😳 I mean since when did a concert start deciding your relationship matters? 😳

Scratch all of that. She proudly declares to Nyonika that as long as she and Manik are together they can face anything including her. What happened to that confidence now? 

I get it she is broken now, she questions her own values, her beliefs. Amms was not only her grandmother but she was her teacher too. So teachers had taken over the highest pedestal in terms of respect for her. She could not believe Manik initially when he pointed out about Pandit's intentions and I understand why she did that. Manik is insanely possessive and it could be his jealousy doing all the talking. But she could sense it too but her deep rooted values made her ignore it for sometime and eventually she realised that some teachers could be real jerks like him. I understand the whole kidnapping experience is traumatic for her. But to the extent to which it is being shown? Pandit had taken advantage of his students but some had been willing participants like Ridhima that put them equally at fault. In Nandini's case she resisted, so how is it her fault? She was kidnapped and locked up for few hours and there were times when Pandit tried to touch her but she found it extremely repulsive and she resisted too. Manik came to her rescue immediately. I am not saying just because she escaped the worst, the incident has not scarred in some manner. It would have.

I will not say she should jump back to normalcy. I won't even say she should not be disturbed. Heck it is for any girl. But the way she is reacting, it makes me wonder if this was the same girl who supported her friend when she got pregnant without wedlock and even had a poll in college encouraging students to participate assuring sex wasn't a sin and Navya hadn't made that big a mistake by trusting the wrong guy. Nandini has seen more of the world and more hardships compared to other characters because she was raised in a responsible manner and that is the reason she was far more mature than other characters. But what happened to that maturity now?

She needs to vent out her feelings rather than bottling them up. But run away?  Contemplate on breaking up with Manik coz of this one incident? Take time to sort out but why the haste in reaching such drastic conclusions? Was this the same girl who was willing to take on anything if she had Manik by her side? Manik isn't just being the sympathetic guy who is consoling his girlfriend but he literally relived her pain. If this is how someone brave like Nandini reacts what about a rape victim? Who does not even get justice and who does not even have the kind of emotional support she does? Should they just give up on life? 

My frustration is not because she broke down but because she reacted in a way that contradicted her character. Please don't get me wrong but this is my take on her character. I am just disappointed that CVs did not do full justice to her character and I really hope they bring back the old Nandini back. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ameerafatima thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I can understand your..feelings..but Nandini have to do according to the scrip they gave...
I concern about Manik too... But even I got disappointed when I saw yesterday's epi...
After all it's a story...up and down comes in story as well as in life too...
So ,take chill.coz if there is drama the is no interest...
If Manik Nandini do all the ramaance scene...get get quite bored...rite...
No we have a eager to see that what is and from nadini's side ...
That's how they take the attraction and interest of the viewers...
So be happy ...
And don't take wrong meaning of this ...
You post is correct...I am not Denying your post ...
But don't take it seriously...
Muskaan00 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Ummm i dont know wat to say man, the points you have mentioned about being Maniks spot and other things are different from what she is going through now, and you have mentioned that if Nandini is going througfh this what about a rape victim, gosh are u even understanding the girl is been abused mentally , physically this is nothing less than rape. 
There is no hope, even if thousand posts are being made to justify Nandini and her situation , there is not gonna be any empathy, what is so shocking is the forum is people from same gender as Nandini!
Hopeless, completely hopeless! 
MuratHayat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Musicans n8 she kissed yes it was her love confession.  Bt on new yrs eve manik wanted to take it further so she spoke her mind she wanted to take it slow. Toh watz da prob in it. If a girl is not ready den shez not nd da guy who is in love with her understood  her pov den aas paas k logon kyu itni takleef kyu. Den wat she did was abs right she iz not navya to flow with emotions she wants things to b stable nd hence want to knw him by being frndz first . Aftr ihu track she wanted to stay back fight for manik's  trust again mend things right nd so for dat u term her as despoπŸ˜• trying to fix things is being desperate. . Okay ur pov...
And abt ystdy's epi manan r perfect for each other stop taking either one out of it . Like nandu clearly said she feels lost she no longer feels da same abt her own self. In these situations a person cannot really gv da needed love to other person wen they themselves r in self loathing mode. Cut her sum slack itz just 24hrs she'l b bac to the girl she was. 

Ya one more thing on nandu being the" mature girl nd still failing to c pundit's  intentions" let me just remind dat is purely nandu datz exactly her characterisation. She sees gud in every person
Agar aisa nahi hota she wud never hv fell for guy like manik. She is mature nd at the same time naive too. 

Edited by mishaarshi - 8 years ago
parthian223 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
awesome post..nandini's character lost its charm,now people will say i am getting biased..but am not...i don't want to see romance always,it's about her promise that she shouldn't break if she die also as promises are meant forever like my nandini didnt forget about manik gets scared in dark on the dangerous moment also...manik and nandini both broke their own own promise two times(manik not to hurt her anymore,nandini to trust him).it shouldnt have happened again..but hope today's epi   everything gets back normal Edited by parthian223 - 8 years ago
kresham thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I have understood ur POV ...but if u see u have given answers to ur questions urself...

so cmg to my POV
its all abt her belief n the belief she has given to Manik also...
Remember during secret ballot Manik explained her abt the cruel world she said yes but went n did the same thing which she thought

As we say when it comes to us then only we understand the pain...which she is going through now...
It was not her mistake but the belief she does on the ppl around her were came out to b wrong that means the belief she gave to Manik were also wrong to some extent its her present POV now...
She is feeling that she failed in believing Manik also so he dont deserve her bcz she herself is lost then how can she b his side n b his belief...he said whatever she is says is correct for him but now she clearly said that he was right always as she goes with face value n look where she landed...

As this is just  a guilt trip n they showed only half a day...a person needs time to understand n i m sure Manik will make her understand...

N moreover from start it has been shown that they r growing n things change time to time...n this phase is to show that no one is perfect not even Nandini...she can also commit mistakes n feel guilty ...she followed her values which she got in her world where there was peace n no violence but now she got to see the reality n now she has to accept the change its her time to accept the change came in her way...

Hope i made sense...this is purely my POV...sorry if u felt it harsh

Edited by kresham - 8 years ago
nicki11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
think you might will get bashed but I do agree kind off
yes know she is in shock but did wanted her to like hug and cry and blame herself first then slowly get the grip of it but liked her dialogues yesterday other then how can I be with you? 
And I am not saying she should have hugged manik even chachi or navya  anyone would been good.
Muskaan00 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ameerafatima

I can understand your..feelings..but Nandini have to do according to the scrip they gave...

I concern about Manik too... But even I got disappointed when I saw yesterday's epi...
After all it's a story...up and down comes in story as well as in life too...
So ,take chill.coz if there is drama the is no interest...
If Manik Nandini do all the ramaance scene...get get quite bored...rite...
No we have a eager to see that what is and from nadini's side ...
That's how they take the attraction and interest of the viewers...
So be happy ...
And don't take wrong meaning of this ...
You post is correct...I am not Denying your post ...
But don't take it seriously...

Script , forget about aout the script and show, these are somethings which happen in real life, the Nandini you see on TV could be you, me , your friend or your neighbour, would you still react the same way then? 

People arent realistic at all, there is no empathy whatsoever! 

The girl had been brave so many times, and she had fought for them , how? with all her hopes and things which she thought were true, but when that comes shaking up , her belief when they come shaking up what can she do! 

If people remember the fireflies thing , she was so broken when she felt her belief on fire flies were wrong, she lost her hope , this is the same her belief system has been shaken ! 

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Muskaan00

Ummm i dont know wat to say man, the points you have mentioned about being Maniks spot and other things are different from what she is going through now, and you have mentioned that if Nandini is going througfh this what about a rape victim, gosh are u even understanding the girl is been abused mentally , physically this is nothing less than rape. 

There is no hope, even if thousand posts are being made to justify Nandini and her situation , there is not gonna be any empathy, what is so shocking is the forum is people from same gender as Nandini!
Hopeless, completely hopeless! 

About the points I made, it was how I had analysed Nandini right from start and I am not connecting it to just this one incident. 

I am a girl myself and I know how it feels if you have to go through an incident like that. Please read my post carefully. Did I say she was not abused mentally? That she won't need time to heal? I even cited my reasons for why she is feeling shattered. A person needs time to come out of it. I am not pissed off because she is trying to remain distant. She needs her space now, more than ever because more importantly she needs to come to terms with what happened. But equating this with rape is honestly a joke coz rape destroys a girl psychologically forever and no girl should ever go through that, EVER! And I have known a rape victim myself, so never ever will I talk lightly about it. And in the outside world when you are a working professional you encounter that people try to take advantage of you especially if you are a single woman and nothing disgusts me more. To be honest, I have felt that too and though this was something I would never mention it here but since you were being so judgmental about me, I had to say this. It is extremely disturbing and it probably took me days to forget that. But u dont let it break u down to pieces. U need to fight these jerks off and show them they are wrong not them. Did she not do that for Mukti herself? So there is no way I will say it should not disturb a girl. But one question to you - did pandit even try to rape her? He even told Nyonika his only intention was to talk and thats what he told Nandini too. I get it she was scared coz she was locked up, not knowing what he will do with her but when she saw she got her justice which hardly anyone ever gets in real life, she starts breaking apart. OK, she needs to vent out. Fine. But why the hasty move to think of break up?

But breaking up isn't the solution is what I am trying to say. She can ask him for a break but break up? πŸ˜• My disappointment is with the script coz that is dictating how characters should behave.
BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishaarshi

Musicans n8 she kissed yes it was her love confession.  Bt on new yrs eve manik wanted to take it further so she spoke her mind she wanted to take it slow. Toh watz da prob in it. If a girl is not ready den shez not nd da guy who is in love with her understood  her pov den aas paas k logon kyu itni takleef kyu. Den wat she did was abs right she iz not navya to flow with emotions she wants things to b stable nd hence want to knw him by being frndz first . Aftr ihu track she wanted to stay back fight for manik's  trust again mend things right nd so for dat u term her as despoπŸ˜• trying to fix things is being desperate. . Okay ur pov...

And abt ystdy's epi manan r perfect for each other stop taking either one out of it . Like nandu clearly said she feels lost she no longer feels da same abt her own self. In these situations a person cannot really gv da needed love to other person wen they themselves r in self loathing mode. Cut her sum slack itz just 24hrs she'l b bac to the girl she was. 

Ya one more thing on nandu being the" mature girl nd still failing to c pundit's  intentions" let me just remind dat is purely nandu datz exactly her characterisation. She sees gud in every person
Agar aisa nahi hota she wud never hv fell for guy like manik. She is mature nd at the same time naive too. 

@Red - OMG πŸ˜† Did I say she should have let Manik proceed? I said she stopped Manik and Manik didn't ever try to get close again coz he understood she isn't ready. I am definitely not a person desperate to watch make out scenes, so please atleast keep me away from that. When she had confessed her love, she had already accepted the relationship. Of course your lover has to be a friend. Just because you kissed a guy does not mean you should sleep with him next 😳 She could have just gone back to being his girlfriend is what I meant πŸ˜†

I found it weird that she was begging him to make her stay. I understand if she begged him to hear her out and give a chance to explain. Sorry this was just my interpretation. Maybe I felt that could have been said in a different way too. 

And did I say she should love her boyfriend when she is broken? 😳 I even support her if she wants some time alone since every girl needs that after an incident like that. She is lost, exactly. So give time to find herself back. Take a break but a break up? Thats my only point.

And about ur last point, if u have read, I have clearly mentioned why her faith is shaken. Her own grandmother was her teacher n this creepo was her Amms fav. She believed a student teacher relation is sacred and never scaled it sceptically. Did I say she wrong in that? Did I mention she should have been able to see right through it? Atleast read what I have to say carefully before lashing out at me!
Edited by FieryHeart - 8 years ago