Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nividances thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: dristi64

Losing touch with reality??!!🀣
I so relate to it. I'm always smiling looking at my phone whenever I get time off in the department. Ppl around me r beginning to suspect that I've a new boyfriend. Now how do I tell them about R&B??🀣

Dristi that's hilarious! πŸ€£
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I can so imagine what Meanie and Sam's MIL would say now
II would be in soup

Amma, appa, bala, Vandu everyone will be judged

Sharvu and Nandu ...Pata nahi.. I dont know...

II is the main member here...What will happen to her??

Her insecurities and her strained relations and now this!!

WHAT are you planning Nisha πŸ˜­
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VeeIyer

I have offered to go to Delhi ...perhaps I can deliver your ipad ???

My concern is the kids getting involved in this dirty business...particularly with Manny and Sam's MIL ( forgot her in my post ) lurking in the background

I would also love II to confide in her husband but I think she feels he would judge her and her background by all that is happening...as it is she is so insecure about him...

paavam II...2 steps up and 20 steps down all the time...
I also loved how Nisha has pointed out her comparing Ranjan to appa and Bala...doesn't the grass always seem greener on the other side ?
Ask R&B to choose between appa and Ranjan and he would unerringly go for the former...

Life is quirky ...na ?

Life is never fair to anyone. Everyone has testing times.
I am remembering Khirad words from Humsafar "Jhoot bolna pehli baar aasaan hai and baad me mushkil he mushkil hai. But sach bolna pehli baar mushkil hai. Baad me aasaan he aasaan hai"

II please tell the truth to dude.Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

Prayer for Peace

I always join when the party is over i am yet to read the comments -- i sleep when you guys comment and my day time nobody is here 😭
I am sooo sad reading this update my heart went to the Balas...

Actually i feel I lead a US Vandu life honestly thats the life we lead.
Upper middle class , parents visit and clueless asking about horlicks and take us to the temple..when ur son got a B because he was lazy to write or daughter only writes about horses and you get a note saying she needs to write about other things !

I feel i just read a version of my day...Bala is clearly stressed too much happening..
My husband is a version of Bala and R&B outdoorsie and quite + totally iyerish/middle class kids have to do well academically  but lying/stealing creates the biggest drama its like some one murdered our soul.

Life is sooo not fair..pavam they were so happy when they found out Vandu is pregnant, she wanted a boy like Bala and he wanted a girl like Vandu

No words ,yenna solla just that like always every body was true to their characters..
Meanie Manny gets away with not cooking at 11 and VAndu after all this has to face questions on her childs upbringing ...

I am at a loss of words 😭

Aww Anu πŸ€—
Ashu25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nividances

Mango bread? Recipe please...it sounds super yum! πŸ˜Š

Nivi!!

Pure lambe comment mein tujhe SIRF Mango bread dikha ?!?!??!

🀣

Bhukkads I tell ya πŸ€£
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VeeIyer

I have offered to go to Delhi ...perhaps I can deliver your ipad ???

My concern is the kids getting involved in this dirty business...particularly with Manny and Sam's MIL ( forgot her in my post ) lurking in the background

I would also love II to confide in her husband but I think she feels he would judge her and her background by all that is happening...as it is she is so insecure about him...

paavam II...2 steps up and 20 steps down all the time...
I also loved how Nisha has pointed out her comparing Ranjan to appa and Bala...doesn't the grass always seem greener on the other side ?
Ask R&B to choose between appa and Ranjan and he would unerringly go for the former...

Life is quirky ...na ?

totally chalo lets me ship to you then ;-) .. yes kids shouldnt be part of the drama..
Life is very quirky and here this mix of classes is causing more confusion ellati Vandu types wouldnt have a sister placed in II's place and max II would be a US return sister the levels are the same actually.
She is insecure but blurts out the truth almost always he knows so much more about her than her about him.. from doing it once with Subbu to appa she lands up telling him the truth  about her pehle conscious then she does but here its not her but Vandu and Bala so she may not , like she didnt tell about her appa.

@putty also i dont think Iyers care about money at all .. my friend is a doc and is very very well to do but not once do i feel money will get in my daughter and her daughters way .. she has everything but no time and my daughter knows me and my husband will give her the time she needs.
and frankly they are not at all concious and she knows my friend will buy her everything under the sun she just has to look but wont.. kids very soon realize who brings what to the table.
So there will be no confusion in cousins growing its in the adults head the kids are fine and boys toh forget it doesnt matter at all where they get to break things ..πŸ˜†
I strongly feel in Shravus case its attension seeking and no matter what somehow the parents provide for their kids else u think Shravu would know so much about animals he got the resources he wanted and the time from his parents ..

Gosh i have to get back to work and i am obsessing about Shravu and all now πŸ˜†
Ashu25 thumbnail
Putti!!!
That was an amazing reference...
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I am remembering Khirad words from Humsafar "Jhoot bolna pehli baar aasaan hai and baad me mushkil he mushkil hai. But sach bolna pehli baar mushkil hai. Baad me aasaan he aasaan hai"

this is my mantra of life too!!! i tell my kids every single day and then also tell them krisha killed at 100th lie and urs is at 99 πŸ˜†
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashu25

Nivi!!

Pure lambe comment mein tujhe SIRF Mango bread dikha ?!?!??!

🀣

Bhukkads I tell ya πŸ€£

Padha tha pura comment maine, but let's be serious here...banana and mango bread takes precedence over SRK, SK, and RB any day. πŸ˜†
I think the following says it all though πŸ˜³

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nivi
NO BIG DEAL
I live a "Chopped" kitchen life, I never follow any recipes much, whatever i learned from Amma while young, I just add/remove/mix stuff and come up with something else... Baking ofcourse online recipe look up
I thought I had bananas started whipping the eggs up (this was three years ago when the Kitchen Aid was new, jab raat ko 2 baje I wud make banana breadπŸ˜†) but I didnt have any... I thought "Hmm I have canned mango puree Indian store waala, (I buy that all the time for kids' milk shakes) I thought why not pour two chai cups worth into the mixer

I did and Voila!!!! mango bread...

two eggs
One stick of butter
2 Tbsp of sour cream (I make with Ashiwrad atta sometimes, its EKDUM DRY, if I dont use sour cream it tastes like eating socks😳)
2 cups of flour
2 cups of puree
1 cup of brown sugar
salt
1 tsp of baking soda

350 F
35 mins in bread pan, or 20-25 mins in cup cake trays