Ashish: I don't want 2 do roles in films which I have already done..

Joseph_A thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Ashish Sharma: I am inspired by Raj Kumar Gupta and Imtiaz Ali's films

Tanvi Trivedi,TNN | May 6, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

Ashish Sharma: I am inspired by Raj Kumar Gupta and Imtiaz Ali's films
Ashish Sharma

After debuting with Dibakar Banerjee's film 'Love, Sex Aur Dhokha', Ashish Sharma moved on to do TV shows. In an informal chat, the actor candidly shares his journey in showbiz, aspirations for a career in films and the kind of subjects that would inspire him to act in films...

What brought you to Mumbai?
I have been a good theatre artiste since my school and college days but when I participated in 'Cine Stars Ki Khoj', I realised that I could touch people's hearts when I performed. After that, I decided I wanted to become an actor and came to Mumbai and enrolled in Anupam Kher's acting institute. During my tenure there, Anupam Kher recommended me to Dibakar Banerjee and that's how I got to act in his film.

Did you want to continue doing films?
Dibakar has this amazing ability to extract a good performance from an actor who has just started his career. He is such a meticulous filmmaker that he used to prepare notes when we rehearsed for the film and then prepare his script. After Love, Sex... there was no specific plan of doing films. It was then, that I got a lot of TV offers; I have done a variety of roles on television, all thanks to producers Nikhil Sinha and Saurabh Tewari. TV does not offer much for the male lead actors, but I was lucky to act in shows like 'Chandragupta Maurya', 'Rab Se Sohna Isshq', 'Gunahon Ka Devta' and 'Rangrasiya'. After this, I wanted to act in anything that gave me a good scope to perform.

Most actors who debut on TV move on to doing films, thinking that they have hit jackpot. Do you plan to do the same?
I got many film offers but they were not exciting. I don't want to do roles in films which I have already done on TV. What is the point of jumping to films and doing the same thing? I am inspired by the kind of films Raj Kumar Gupta and Imtiaz Ali make. I owe everything I am today to television. And if TV was not big, then Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar would not be spending few months every year on it!

What kind of roles inspire you?
I am not a spontaneous actor and would like to approach any role after doing my homework. I am such a method actor that even if you ask me to make love to a lamp post, I would approach it the same way as I would have enacted making love to my co-actor.

You have a six-pack and also won the trophy in Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa. Do you feel this would help build a career in films?
Not at all. You need to act well. These are just the perks of being an actor. If they help build a career then Ranbir Kapoor would be showing off his body in every film. I also believe that you should never take your audience for granted.

Do you want to direct films now that you own a production house?
I want to be involved in creating new stuff. My wife Archana and I have been writing scripts and we want to produce a Bollywood and a regional film.

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Neelum Guha @zoinxy  

@ashish30sharma @onlyforashish RR was the Nail on the Head Going to be Creation Indulging in Satisfaction Prod/Dir

Embedded image permalink

Edited by Joseph_A - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Such a cool interview where someone from TV at least remembers that this place gave him a lot and he acknowledges and respects the medium. I am so thankful to him for remembering his audience and not moving away from TV like few of our stars do / did/ will be doing as if this place was nothing !
and that too for what ... Nothing Substantial!

But yeah to each his/her own. What can we say about the choices these Stars make?

Ashish knows that the real deal is ACTING and not any other thing which is considered to last in this industry. 

One may not be popular but if you are good at your craft, things do change around you. 

I am so proud to be Ashish's fan. He is honest and sincere in his work and this will lead him to all the right places. 

Some days ago he had tweeted ... It takes a lot more than intelligence to be successful,foremost it needs character, 
this applies to him all the more. 

Happy for him. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks Joe dear. You always bring such good stuff about both Sanaya and Ashish , sometimes I am not even aware of these articles. 
๐Ÿค—

P.S: I forgot to add, Isn''t he looking really good ?? ๐Ÿคช

Edited by aaliah3108 - 8 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
This Guy is just Genuine with his answers.
And he is very right about films
Its pathetic to see few good actors from television
Just jumping into films just for the sake of it
Not that its wrong
Few television actors are even better than Bollywood actors
But script and role matters
Its better to wait for a better role
than to jump in any role
that too when ur doing very well in Television

Hope to see him in  a fiction show soon
And it seems like he is upto something
And he is just looking awesome๐Ÿ˜‰

Tfs Joseph๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
Joseph_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaliah3108

Such a cool interview where someone from TV at least remembers that this place gave him a lot and he acknowledges and respects the medium. I am so thankful to him for remembering his audience and not moving away from TV like few of our stars do / did/ will be doing as if this place was nothing !

and that too for what ... Nothing Substantial!

But yeah to each his/her own. What can we say about the choices these Stars make?

Ashish knows that the real deal is ACTING and not any other thing which is considered to last in this industry. 

One may not be popular but if you are good at your craft, things do change around you. 

I am so proud to be Ashish's fan. He is honest and sincere in his work and this will lead him to all the right places. 

Some days ago he had tweeted ... It takes a lot more than intelligence to be successful,foremost it needs character, 
this applies to him all the more. 

Happy for him. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So true Ruchi.He always sounds so mature in his every interview,this int is one of them. He wants to do Movies but,not like others who are so desperate to join BW brigade. Most imp thing,He knows,How to act so,definitely he deserves a promising venture to show his acting ability.

I watched 1-2 epi of TNNZ n I really feel that,He deserves more then this. Its may be a good social initiative but,they failed to use his real talent in this project.

aaliah3108 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joseph_A

So true Ruchi.He always sounds so mature in his every interview,this int is one of them. He wants to do Movies but,not like others who are so desperate to join BW brigade. Most imp thing,He knows,How to act so,definitely he deserves a promising venture to show his acting ability.

I watched 1-2 epi of TNNZ n I really feel that,He deserves more then this. Its may be a good social initiative but,they failed to use his real talent in this project.

Yes dear I know. He is probably doing this to make a contribution to the society hence joined it as a host.
I am sure he will get something good because he will not choose mediocre stuff be it TV or Films. Like everyone plans their careers, he is planning it too and really well I must say. 

Stay away from Run of the mill stuff, do work that speaks out for you and for all this only Acting is required which he can so I am fine with whatever he does. 

I liked what he said about BIG film stars spending so much time on TV , had it not been big , they really would not have been here. And it is True. 

Aww ! you addressed me by my name! thanks yaar ! ๐Ÿค—

Joseph_A thumbnail

This Guy is just Genuine with his answers.

And he is very right about films
Its pathetic to see few good actors from television
Just jumping into films just for the sake of it
Not that its wrong
Few television actors are even better than Bollywood actors
But script and role matters
Its better to wait for a better role
than to jump in any role
that too when ur doing very well in Television

Hope to see him in  a fiction show soon
And it seems like he is upto something
And he is just looking awesome๐Ÿ˜‰

Tfs Joseph๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@ Red : Exact my Point Mano. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Its really disgusting to see them in some tinny-minny roles or any B/C Grade BW Movies. I think,they should be observe Fawad Khan carrier graph before to sign any other BW project. He is not frm India but,today he has 6 Big Banner BW Projects in his kitty.
sadhnasoumya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Liked all his answers
And pic is very nice
Thanks Joseph
aaliah3108 thumbnail

@ Red : Exact my Point Mano. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Its really disgusting to see them in some tinny-minny roles or any B/C Grade BW Movies. I think,they should be observe Fawad Khan carrier graph before to sign any other BW project. He is not frm India but,today he has 6 Big Banner BW Projects in his kitty.

Cant agree more with you guys on everything written here. You have got to respect the place where you have risen from ! 

Fawad's career is really going good ! 

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

We have a example down south too
An actor named Shiva 
Now he is having an excellent film journey

Its the work that matters and not the medium
Like Ruchi said when ur good at your craft
Even if it late things do change

And yes most TV actors are now choosing B/C Grade movies
Those actors who stayed two inches away from their Fl while doing
romantic scenes in TV.Now they are...๐Ÿคฌ
aaliah3108 thumbnail

We have a example down south too
An actor named Shiva 
Now he is having an excellent film journey

Its the work that matters and not the medium
Like Ruchi said when ur good at your craft
Even if it late things do change

And yes most TV actors are now choosing B/C Grade movies
Those actors who stayed two inches away from their Fl while doing
romantic scenes in TV.Now they are...๐Ÿคฌ

@ black bold : Now they are what ???? ... ๐Ÿคฃ... what ever they are doing is all over the place so ok everyone knows !!  ๐Ÿ˜†

Your line cracked me up. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†