Mahaakshay Chakraborty: It's a burden to be a star kid

Posted: 8 years ago

Mahaakshay Chakraborty: It's a burden to be a star kid

By IANS |Posted 27-Apr-2015

Veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty's son Mahaakshay, who has so far failed to strike a chord in Hindi showbiz, says it's a huge responsibility and a burden to be the child of a star.

Mahaakshay Chakraborty

Mahaakshay, who had entered the industry with the name Mimoh, told IANS: "It's not easy for the star kids. I feel it's a huge responsibility and a burden being a star kid. I am used to carrying the burden because today no matter what I do, the comparisons will always be there with my father."

"I'm used to carrying this burden and this has become my biggest strength because I can endure that burden."

Mahaakshay debuted in 2008 with the film "Jimmy", which bombed at the box office. Since then, he has been struggling to make a mark in Bollywood. He is currently busy promoting his upcoming film 'Ishqedarriyaan' and says the film is a romantic love story.

"My film is a romantic love story. In fact, it's a pure heart-touching and honest romantic love story. This is the first time when me and Evelyn Sharma are coming together on screen," he said.

Directed by V.K. Prakash, 'Ishqedarriyaan' is releasing on May 15.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/mahaakshay-chakraborty-its-a-burden-to-be-a-star-kid/16167163

He actually looks good here. He was sporting a ridiculous hairdo for his first film which was completely distracting and hiding his nice features.  And does the title mean he's going back to his real name?  Mimoh was a nickname equally as ridiculous as his hairdo.  
So...don't take the career-path-on-a-platter and then call it a 'burden' when you realize there will obviously be expectations and comparisons to live up to...easy. If I was a star kid, I'd never go into acting anyways...it's a tough job if one isn't passionate about it or good at it, and there's much more satisfactory and fail proof stuff to be done with the freedom of parental funds.
"It's not easy for the star kids"
Yeah you are right. Its much easier for a non star kid to enter bollywwod as a lead and then still keep getting movies after a disaster. 

Seriously these guys fail because they suck and pretty much useless. This guy can't act one bit. I haven't seen the movie Jimmy but I have seen its review.
 http://www.mbcreviews.com/index.php/80-full-reviews/146-jimmy-3-years-anniversary-review

its nothing but a piece of crap and this guy can't act
He was in a horror film (his second film, I think), which wasn't too bad. 
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

He actually looks good here. He was sporting a ridiculous hairdo for his first film which was completely distracting and hiding his nice features.  And does the title mean he's going back to his real name?  Mimoh was a nickname equally as ridiculous as his hairdo.  

He changed it a couple of years ago when he did that Haunted 3D film. He changed his look and tried to reinvent himself with that film which actually went on to become a surprise hit.
Is it the same guy called Mimmoh or something? 
Originally posted by AllBlacks1

Is it the same guy called Mimmoh or something? 

Yep, same guy.
No it's really not. It's a burden to go on 50 some auditions, do prep work, get so much attitude from big-time producers and people constantly getting judged on their looks and abilities and facing rejection.
You got a movie on a platter, catered too, coddled and loads of offers all b/c your dad is famous.

I hate when star kids play that "it is just as hard for us" card. Like, ummm no it's NOT!
Many star kids have failed, Many non star kids have excelled.
Many star kids have succeeded and many non star kids have falied.
So you just never know what will work with audience - I doubt audience believe in nepotism. certain charm, looks x factor , acting luck  etc factors are there
Things are harder for everyone when they start ,  I guess,  
Edited by Nishita123 - 8 years ago