Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Think I've seen it too..remember Revathi since she has acted in Kannada movies too...can't remember the actor though😕

Mounaragam actor is Kokila Mohan. Basically Kannadiga and acted in Tamil movies. He has done Kannada movies also. One of my favorite Maniratnam's movie.Edited by putti77 - 9 years ago
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: putti77

Mouna Ragam actor is Kokila Mohan. Basically Kannadiga and acted in Tamil movies. He has done Kannada movies also. One of my favorite Maniratnam's movie.

Name rings a bell...has he acted in a lot of kannada movies, can't remember his face though
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi! All

Thanks for reading and going back to having a good time.
The earthquake reminds me of whats important... LIFE
So many cut short before their time. I will never understand😭

Ashu and Drishti I hope you both are safe and dont have to deal with loss

SR, This country is all about "doing what you love"
I see so many people at work, accomplished well positioned Directors and VPs you would think their kids would follow their paths.
But nope!
Some chose to be hair stylists, one tattoo artist, and one A BARISTA
"Thats what he/she wanted to do" is the response. Indian parents receive a lot of ridicule and mockery for forcing their kids to choose academic streams that result in gainful employment.
Nobody understands that it comes out of our concern for their well being

These days Indian parents dont even "expect to be cared for" by their childdren as parents of our generation did. We dont want to see them broke and on the streets at 50 or broke and on the streets at 30. A good education is no guarantee of financial well being
But the alternative DEFINITELY IS NOT

Asma: I am sorry the trip was so emotionally draining
You seem to put your life at risk frequently
Do you work for Docs without Borders?
I am very sorry, so many in your group face such hardships to keep so many of us safe.
And then I worry about the annoying coworker that sat on my email for 26 hours and didnt respond, as if its the end of the world😕

I will be out for a couple hours from 8:00 PM IST to 10:30 PM IST Sat evening in India and then later in the evening for a friend's Bday hope to catch the Second Best Marigold and dinner from 6:30 AM-10:00 AM IST Sunday morning in India

Other times will be at home writing pretending to clean house😃

I have a vague idea of the scandal now I will give it more thought and have it unfold soon.
My 7 year old completely shocked me last night on the way to tennis, my teenager's violin was cancelled so he didnt go
I usually walk near where he plays tennis
His device sang as he sat in the car so I assumed "ITS MY PHONE"
I said "Phone kudu da" (gimme my phone)
He goes no its my ipod"
I said "Give it to me becoz I will be walking I wont know when to turn back"

He threw a ROYAL FIT and refused... and then handed it to me saying "DONT DOWNLOAD SPAM"
I said "Shut up"
Then two mins later "Can I see it for sec?" he said

Handed it back I was driving, (he POWERED IT OFF and put it away) I had no clue abt it

I dropped him and said "Dont u dare take the ipod with u" he goes very innocently "No its right there"

He ran off to lesson and I park the car, wear my shoes (Ya like auto drivers I drive bare feet to tennis usually, 🤣there is only so much time after I return from work on Fri evenings and in the 10 mins I HAVE TO HAVE CHAI😆)

I pick up the ipod, it doesnt light up so power it on realizing he did it on purpose

IT ASKS FOR PASSWORD😡
I was hopping mad I run to his court and says "Psttt Pssstt! come key in the password"
He gives me a pissed look and says "I AM PLAYING HERE CAN IT WAIT?"😲

Avlav daan THATS IT😆 I was boiling hot, that lil twerp...I forced him to key it in guess what it was?

A LOWER CASE a😕

Thats it!!!
I was laughing and crying by myself all the way during the 45 min walk
On the drive home I had a "word with him"
This kids drives the bejeepers out of me😭

THANK YOU NEW READERS THANKS KUNNU FOR THE PM AND APPLE EXAMPLE👏

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
All is well Nisha!!
Are we getting an update now or should it wait till midnight ??

And Kal subah toh bhool hi jaate hain...cause you have to go out...

Glad you are back!
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am writing right now with my cuppa not long enough to post.

Let me see...
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
OMG ur 7 year old is hilllarious onakku seriyana match 😆😆
here i am dealing with 9 year olds drama .. i want her to learn a semi classical song - mukunda mukunda from dashavathram generally for fun.
She thinks i am sabotaging her usual carnatic practice so she will fail ..and thats why i want her to sing semi classical
seroiusly where did that come from  i dont know to laugh or cry , i am now telling her she neednot ever practice semi classical but for her , her world has collapsed she thinks her teacher is going to stop her from class because she hasnt praciticed and its 10:30 and she has to go out an play...

😡😡
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Both my 18 year old and 12 year old don't listen anymore...so I have now adopted SOSY as my child and trying to nurture it with love...he he he.
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aadha adhoora hi sahi...Post kar dijiye...Hum khush ho jayenge 😆
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
next one will have lasya!!! 👏
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Hi! All

Thanks for reading and going back to having a good time.
The earthquake reminds me of whats important... LIFE
So many cut short before their time. I will never understand😭

Ashu and Drishti I hope you both are safe and dont have to deal with loss

SR, This country is all about "doing what you love"
I see so many people at work, accomplished well positioned Directors and VPs you would think their kids would follow their paths.
But nope!
Some chose to be hair stylists, one tattoo artist, and one A BARISTA
"Thats what he/she wanted to do" is the response. Indian parents receive a lot of ridicule and mockery for forcing their kids to choose academic streams that result in gainful employment.
Nobody understands that it comes out of our concern for their well being

These days Indian parents dont even "expect to be cared for" by their childdren as parents of our generation did. We dont want to see them broke and on the streets at 50 or broke and on the streets at 30. A good education is no guarantee of financial well being
But the alternative DEFINITELY IS NOT

Asma: I am sorry the trip was so emotionally draining
You seem to put your life at risk frequently
Do you work for Docs without Borders?
I am very sorry, so many in your group face such hardships to keep so many of us safe.
And then I worry about the annoying coworker that sat on my email for 26 hours and didnt respond, as if its the end of the world😕

I will be out for a couple hours from 8:00 PM IST to 10:30 PM IST Sat evening in India and then later in the evening for a friend's Bday hope to catch the Second Best Marigold and dinner from 6:30 AM-10:00 AM IST Sunday morning in India

Other times will be at home writing pretending to clean house😃

I have a vague idea of the scandal now I will give it more thought and have it unfold soon.
My 7 year old completely shocked me last night on the way to tennis, my teenager's violin was cancelled so he didnt go
I usually walk near where he plays tennis
His device sang as he sat in the car so I assumed "ITS MY PHONE"
I said "Phone kudu da" (gimme my phone)
He goes no its my ipod"
I said "Give it to me becoz I will be walking I wont know when to turn back"

He threw a ROYAL FIT and refused... and then handed it to me saying "DONT DOWNLOAD SPAM"
I said "Shut up"
Then two mins later "Can I see it for sec?" he said

Handed it back I was driving, (he POWERED IT OFF and put it away) I had no clue abt it

I dropped him and said "Dont u dare take the ipod with u" he goes very innocently "No its right there"

He ran off to lesson and I park the car, wear my shoes (Ya like auto drivers I drive bare feet to tennis usually, 🤣there is only so much time after I return from work on Fri evenings and in the 10 mins I HAVE TO HAVE CHAI😆)

I pick up the ipod, it doesnt light up so power it on realizing he did it on purpose

IT ASKS FOR PASSWORD😡
I was hopping mad I run to his court and says "Psttt Pssstt! come key in the password"
He gives me a pissed look and says "I AM PLAYING HERE CAN IT WAIT?"😲

Avlav daan THATS IT😆 I was boiling hot, that lil twerp...I forced him to key it in guess what it was?

A LOWER CASE a😕

Thats it!!!
I was laughing and crying by myself all the way during the 45 min walk
On the drive home I had a "word with him"
This kids drives the bejeepers out of me😭

THANK YOU NEW READERS THANKS KUNNU FOR THE PM AND APPLE EXAMPLE👏

Hey Nisha!

I am nowhere near the amazing people I get to work with on my consult jobs. 
The issue I was a health scare.
I used to work for an international aid agency ( for 12 years as a student and as mom that left a bawling kid to go to work 😭 ) not anymore. That was one of the reasons I came to believe that the first line of defence for most problems in life is a strong, caring and disciplined family.
Now I partner with a  consulting firm. I try to volunteer on expenses paid  but no salary trips now when I am picked!  We are lean consulting organisation and the bunch I work with are truly amazing! 

I'm too much of a scary cat to do front line work! Orangen does that as do so many I know. 

More later!

Right now  for your update ❤️

Your boys I love your little one! They grow up so fast don't they??
Edited by blue5sky - 9 years ago