Thirty won- An article on Rajeev ;-)

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

One-year leap: Rajeev Khandelwal

Thirty won

Rajeev Khandelwal turns 30 today, brings in birthday with a quiet dinner with 'best friend' Aamna Shariff

Subhash K Jha

For Rajeev 30 isn't just a number. He's feeling more responsible on his birthday today. "I realise I'm entering a whole new phase in my life. The time for fun and games is over. I need to take serious career decisions. Perhaps I will pursue my aspirations on the big screen more seriously, give more time to myself."

Marriage plans? Rajeev chuckles, "Are you kidding? As of now, I can't even think of marriage. I'm too selfish a person to entertain a spouse in my private space. Most people are hugely selfish. I'm honest enough to admit it. My private space is my tomb of meditation. I can't have anyone else entering it."

In the same breath Rajeev admits he brought in his birthday last night with his "best friend" Aamna Shariff. "Of course! That's  the way she wanted it…and I wanted it too. We wanted to be together for my birthday. But that doesn't mean we're romantically involved. She's my best friend. And best friends seldom become marriage partners."

Besides dinner with the beautiful Ms Shariff, Rajeev got another unexpected gift for his birthday.

At the MTV Lycra awards on Saturday night Rajeev won the award for the Most Stylish Host. "That came as a very pleasant surprise because the game shows Deal Ya No Deal which I hosted on Sony closed down. The fact that I was noticed on a show that wasn't so successful makes me happy. What makes me happier is that I was accused of being high-handed and arrogant during the show. I feel I've been vindicated. "

Rajeev will spend the entire day today interacting with fans who wish to greet him on his birthday. A certain television channel has opened up a phone line just for the day. "I'll be on the phone talking to my fans who want to talk to me on my birthday. I can't think of a better way of bringing in my birthday," he says.

Regard

Rajeev and Aamna jodi's biggest admirer and supporter forever and ever Zee....

Edited by farislove - 17 years ago