Manmarziyan Review by The Indian Express

sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Tv show Dosti... Yariyaan... Manmarziyan: So far there are little complaints

The show also scores some brownie points by exploiting the unmatched beauty of real locations.The show also scores some brownie points by exploiting the unmatched beauty of real locations.
Written by Jaskiran Kapoor | Updated: April 17, 2015 9:46 am

Show: Dosti... Yariyaan... Manmarziyan

Channel: Star Plus

Timing: Monday to Saturday, 10:30pm

Rating: **1/2

Meet Radhika Mishra, (debutante Monica Sehgal) the girl next door, trying to find reason, focus and meaning in her life, all the while giving her thoughts a poetic expression. In contrast to her is Samaira Khanna (Kashmira Irani), a feisty city girl, with mommy issues, dark memories, and an ambition to become something. Their paths cross in Rishikesh, Radhika's hometown where Samaira is on a commercial shoot. This is where the story of Star Plus's new show, Dosti... Yariyaan... Manmarziyan takes off with some special effects "  words dancing around Radhika's head and every little activity on Samaira's cellphone popping out on screen. From the start, the story is predictable " young girls trying to shatter glass ceilings, and ultimately finding their voice in a world dominated by their overbearing fathers (in this case Radhika's) and hard to please mothers (Samaira's).

But what struck us was the freshness of the show. Monica Sehgal leaves quite an impression, whereas veteran Kashmira Irani who makes a comeback on television after seven years still knows how to make an impact on-screen. The show also scores some brownie points by exploiting the unmatched beauty of real locations. We also get to see MTV Splitsvilla Shravan Reddy as their fun loving pal Neil, and Mohan Kapoor as the cheerful father to Samaira.

So far, there are little complaints, maybe because it is just a couple of episodes old. Now that Radhika manages to save Samaira from a disaster by giving her a new punchline for her commercial, let's see whether her father allows her to go to Mumbai to become a writer and strike up a long-term friendship with Samaira. It would be refreshing if the focus was just on the girls and how they make it big.

First Published on: April 17, 201512:10 am

Edited by sania_58 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
It is looking like a revised version of the movie Cocktail with an additional male lead thrown in!!!!

But Kashmira Irani is great!!!!👏

I want her paired with Aham!!!!

The character of Kashmira feels very real unlike Radhika who is a regular goody goody heroine!!!!

Edited by Shaina_b - 9 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Thanks for sharing! :)
Wish Kashmira is paired with Aham! 
sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I also want Aham & Kashmira pair.
Waiting for Aham aka Arjun entry.
Manmarziyan camera work- very nice.
Good editing too.
In acting Department, Kashmira superb, Monica needs improvement.
I am also liking Neil aka Sharavan Reddy.

after  everest  i think this show  will interesting 
EVEREST SHoW   was  excellent and mind blowing and even cult status status after mahabharat and ramayan . awesome story line every thin from romance to emotion to suspense i understand bro , grow this show shoot with brilliand sony f 55 camera with gpro and excellent background score by ar rahman . 

HOPE MARMARZU+IAN  WIL HIT RIGHT CORD