Some blinds when celebs arm twisted media

dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

When Celebs Arm twisted the media

April 16, 2015 Archita Kashyap 1932 reads 0 comments

Instances- of Arm twisting/ Celebrity Clout Used On Media

We reiterate that here, we haven't used names and will let you guess to protect the privacy of media houses that have had to bend or face the ire of celebrities.

1. Upcoming Actor Uses Pressure Tactics/Charm Offensive to Keep Unfavorable Coverage in Control

He is a promising young star with a charming smile & a solid number of films under his belt. But his PR tactics verge on control freak behavior. He has once threatened a reporter and then his entertainment editor (editor of supplements) of a leading national newspaper over a question about his personal life and ex girlfriend. Much to the shock of the reporter, his editor gave in and actually adjusted to send out positive coverage. Thankfully, that editor is no longer in charge of this mainstream supplement. I have faced his charm offensive a couple of times. Anything even remotely around topics that he doesn't like, he requests you to remove. On the first occasion, his request seemed fair. On the second, it simply irked. Charming or not, I dropped significant portions of the interview. This gentleman should know that natural touches work better than controlled media strategy for artistes.

2. Entertainment Editor Tackles Phone Calls Endlessly Over Blind Item!

For those in the media, the blind item is today's only recourse to reporting gossip around stars. They are read and followed voraciously. However, supersensitive superstar (with a flavor for Zen things) & an accomplished actress known for her sartorial style, both got their staff to call an entertainment editor of a leading national newspaper repeatedly to express their ire over one such blind item! The story had stated that these two stars are having a good time together. While the superstar's personal life had kept him in the news last year, the actress was riding a crest with a much-applauded performance. While this spunky editor tackled calls for most of her day the next morning, the newspaper might still need to make some concessions to assuage the combined egobomb of both these stars!

3. Ex Editor Turned Film Producer Uses Clout to Assuage Petty Issue of Bollywood Diva

This is an experience from my broadcast journalism days. At a book launch, a ruling diva who had just switched boyfriends (both being stars), was attending an ex editor turned movie producer's reading. A cub reporter from my team, set to prove her chops, asked two direct questions- one on her personal life; the second on a raging controversy around womens' rights at that point. This ruling diva who has a particular knack for cribbing till kingdom come, and sulking along with it, didn't like the questions and basically avoided answering. Soon after, multiple PR folk started calling for removal of even her no comments' reaction! I was stunned and annoyed beyond words. I categorically said no and congratulated the cub reporter. Next thing I know our editor in chief gets a call from the filmy editor- producer requesting him to remove the diva's quotes. Our editor is a man of steel. He simply walked up to us, congratulated the cub reporter & told me, well done'. We were delighted, that our boss had stood by us. The issue was a non-issue in the first place. And then, we headlined the diva's reactions. Tee Hee Hee!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Second one I'm thinking Hrithik and Kangana and reports of their relationship. Have no idea who the others are.
dhartiamber thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Second one I'm thinking Hrithik and Kangana and reports of their relationship. Have no idea who the others are.

I think first 1,Ranbir or Varun. 2nd blind Hrithik and kangana 3rd Katrina or Kareena. Switching star boyfriends from Shahid to Saif. Salman to Ranbir for Kat but kareena not famous for giving no comments or cribbing at questions Kareena answers all questions i think its Kat only.
Edited by dhartiamber - 9 years ago

1. Ranveer.

2. HR-Kangana

3. PC.

dhartiamber thumbnail

Originally posted by: NailClipper

1. Ranveer.

2. HR-Kangana

3. PC.

Ranveer why you thinking so? he is too bindaas sometimes says more than asked. How PC? who are her star boyfriends? nobody dared to ask her ever of Srk journos are too scared of that question.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
First rk
2nd duggu n queen
 3 deepika (women right controversy)

Originally posted by: dhartiamber

Ranveer why you thinking so? he is too bindaas sometimes says more than asked. How PC? who are her star boyfriends? nobody dared to ask her ever of Srk journos are too scared of that question.

Ranveer is known for his charming smile.

2. PC has the habit of cribbing and sulking. PC's boyfriends Shahid, SRK. 

KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NailClipper

1. Ranveer.

2. HR-Kangana

3. PC.

doesn't sound like ranveer... he doesn't have any movie after BM😆
and there hasn't been any issue with his personal life and ex-girlfriend
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
3rd could be Deepika too...
hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think the first one is Ranbir, he is famous for his charm.