Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Fiery-Phoenix

And if Indian culture is about modesty, so be it. What's with people trying to revamp the culture. Every culture is different with it's own boundaries and unique touch. If every culture starts blindly aping others, we might as well say goobye to diversity. Again live and let live than shoving your dirty hand down others' throats.

There's no unique touch in Indian culture. It's just redundancy.And again what's wrong in aping another culture if that is progressive compared to the so called modest Indian culture? Aping another culture doesn't mean there won't be any diversity.

Originally posted by: KochurShaakBata

There's no unique touch in Indian culture. It's just redundancy.And again what's wrong in aping another culture if that is progressive compared to the so called modest Indian culture? Aping another culture doesn't mean there won't be any diversity.

OK.

angrez chale gaye lekin angrezi chod gaye 😃😃😃
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: tennant

angrez chale gaye lekin angrezi chod gaye 😃😃😃

Angrezi ka saath railways aur monuments bhi chod gaye jisse hum aaj itna garvit hote hain. 😃
cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I am aware that Indians do tend to have a more modest mindset where nudity or openness about sexuality are not accepted. 

My question is why? What is so inherently immoral about the human body or about sex? Why is it so shocking for us to accept sex or nudity? 

Our opinions are largely based on two things, individual mindset and socio-cultural imbibition, both of which are again interdependent. Historically, cultures all over the world have associated how a person expresses her/his sexuality with morality. Cultures evolved and stringencies dissolved in keeping with the times. I guess you need a time-machine to that era when these guidelines were being made and ask those people in whose minds the ideas originated. Ask that early man who first used leaves to clothe himself, what did he find so wrong about roaming naked? Ask that bunch of blokes, what made them come up with this ingenious idea of tying a man and a woman for life in a relationship called marriage? 

When I think of it, I see one reason. And I reckon that to be pretty sound. How do you define human beings? Just as animals? Or we add the cachet of social with animal?

We live in a society, what stands us apart is a certain discipline we are expected to follow in our social structure. And different cultures have diverse social structures. Cultural and moral guidelines weren't made by one man, they are a product of a collective mindset over ages. My mindset may not reflect that of yours, does that make me right and you wrong? 

What is largely acceptable in a society is what a vast majority of people living there feel right, feel comfortable with. A culture is simply meant for harmonious living among people, those guidelines are there simply so that I don't hurt the sensibilities of others with my actions, but of course in a country like India, it's up to me, whether I want to follow those or not. 

I find the idea of adults making a public display of their nudity repulsive. It's just how I feel as simple as that. There is no "why I feel the way I do?" I just do. 

Who said the Indian society finds something immoral or unacceptable about sex, isn't our population an indication of otherwise? What the society doesn't particularly condone is sex outside or without the wedlock. And a majority likes and prefers it this way.

The Indian culture at present is a reflection of an average Indian's belief system, you may find that conservative, but a majority living here finds it conducive for a sustainable existence.  

For example compare it with the present day American culture which is a lot more open than Indian. How is that openness helping their society? While an average Indian teenager's life revolves around academics, sports, parents and family an average American teenager by the age of 15-16 is having sex with many teenaged girls getting pregnant. When I read items of American popular culture, I feel sad for these kids, I mean, guys enjoy your childhood while it lasts, it isn't anyway going to last for long. A 15 year old might resemble an adult physically but he/she is still a freaking child! 

If lack of openness in a culture preserves childhood innocence, I don't see anything wrong with that lack of openness or anything right with the so called openness. But then that's just my opinion. 

Edited by cineraria - 9 years ago
cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Angrezi ka saath railways aur monuments bhi chod gaye jisse hum aaj itna garvit hote hain. 😃

You know what, I wrote a long essay to draw your attention towards how grossly wrong your statement is. But I realize that I'd be simply wasting my words and energy on somebody way too ignorant and prejudiced. And somewhere the optimist in me wonders if you are just being sarcastic. I hope that's the case. 

Or else, 
Edited by cineraria - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Hahaha!

India had top notch monuments even before bloody Brits came here!

Your history is weak. Or maybe you just studied from time of Brit rule. ðŸĪŠ
atominis thumbnail

Progressive? 😆

You have selective awareness of culture. Hence a statement like "no unique touch in Indian culture".

Why should we ape anyone blindly?

atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: cineraria

You know what, I wrote a long essay to draw your attention towards how grossly wrong your statement is. But I realize that I'd be simply wasting my words and energy on somebody way too ignorant and prejudiced. And somewhere the optimist in me wonders if you are just being sarcastic. I hope that's the case.

Or else,

Forget it.

Maybe the reading of such people is limited.

Or they belong to other countries.

I don't know what to say.

Actually there's whole lot of stuff they are misinformed about. But you can't type it all out on a forum at once.

Pity the ignorance.
.mOSAIc. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Haan toh konsa ehsaan kar gaye. They came to our country and enjoyed free luxuries for years, molested our people, violated the rights of our people, then if they built something, then what's the big deal? And they built it for themselves with the help of our people and on our land and thus this is nothing that they had done. Even if they had slaughtered their own throats it would have been nothing in front of what our people had endured coz of them.
And even before they wrongfully entered our country, many worthy monuments were already built. Mauryans and Mughaks did a lot towards art and monuments. Only Delhi enjoys the infrastructure by them besides a large bunch that it had beforehand. Else, it's mostly our creation. But you won't understand and it would be of no surprise to me if tomorrow you would claim that rivers in India are all by British only who turned the course to our side from theirs and hence, Indians are indebted. Funny lot!!!!!!