Is this a new trend in Pakistan nowadays?

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I'm seriously wondering because I've been seeing these celebrities wear short blouses where they show half of their stomachs with high waist lenghas or whatever they're supposed to be, quite a lot now. And this was never the trend in Pakistan anywhere a year or two ago from what I'm familiar with. These celebs also wear these blouses to weddings etc.

I haven't been to Pakistan in a while, but is this being translated into our weddings etc too now? This is out of mere curiosity.

I'm talking about the blouses that these actresses are wearing:

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Still better than the sleeveless bare back ones
sofiaax thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Still better than the sleeveless bare back ones

LOL ABBY🤣 last years hum awards were bad!! backless ...sleeveless everywhere 😡🤢

though serious note i agree im not liking this westernised
looks ... i mean you should wear and represent your own country in your own asain clothes WHAT WRONG WITH THEM!!🤢

oh well they will have to give answer's after they die 👏👏👏

Edited by sofiaaax. - 9 years ago
-afghaniibabe thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This is the trend going on right now in the fashion world. High waist with short blouse. 

I havent seen how people go around in Islamabad or other big cities (exact for Peshawar) or how the Pakistani celebrities cover or not-cover themselves. Being in the entertainment industry I think the celebrities give themselves that freedom to wear whatever they want - revealing clothes, too - without thinking further about religion or culture. 

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It doesn't seem elegant though .. Actually, it does look awkward.. To me at least. Edited by RisingAsh - 9 years ago
Mehr-k thumbnail
The designers and these celebrities are  responsible .  Drifting from the traditional ethnic wear to some sort of fit-in  western obsession. very bad .
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The only women who i thought was proper= Maya Ali
The rest looked like chotti behen ke blouse mein fit honey ki koshish ke hai.
asyaarshilover thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
don't know why they are busy ruining the culture of this country...they would have look really very good if they had done some decent dressing...🤢
starstruckk thumbnail
I can see this easily being worn at weddings now. I find some of the blouses too skin tight.  They look like blouses you'd wear with a sari..Mahira's looks like that. 
MochaQueen thumbnail
Their outfits are way better than the cheap ones they wore last time