Kushal Punjabi to turn soldier in Zindagi Wins

soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Times of of India: Kushal Punjabi to turn soldier in a TV Show

</div>Actors often take inspiration from people around them when they play different characters. ButKushal Punjabi didn't have to look outside the comforts of his home while prepping up for his new showon the small screen. He will join the TV showZindagi Winsas Dr Veer Asthana, who is also a soldier in the army. To understand the nuances of the character, he turned to his father, who is in the Indian Navy.

<div>
"My father said that an army officer needs to be portrayed with honour. So, whatever the scene, he asked me not to lose sight of the fact that my posture and stance has to be stiff," reveals the actor, adding, "My father always wanted me to play a soldier. I also love being in the uniform."

Talking about his character, he says, "Veer is a no-nonsense guy who comes to the city in search of his senior commander's daughter."

Source:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/Kushal-Punjabi-to-turn-soldier-in-a-TV-show/articleshow/46837727.cms

Edited by soni595 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dsupriya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing, seems interesting and more interesting is the quest that he mentioned about searching for his senior commander's daughter. I wonder will it be Aliya as I sensed hesitation when she was talking about her father
Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Senior commander's daughter...are they talking abt. Alia
thanks for sharing d article Dear 😳 Edited by ..Enamour.. - 9 years ago
BepannaahPyaar thumbnail
TFS for d article.
I guess the senior commander's daughter is Aaliya.
sehar mehrotra thumbnail
TFS!!

His character of a army surgeon seems inspired from the character of Dr Owen Hunt from GA!!! See I wasn't wrong when I said this show reminded me of Grey's ðŸ˜†
Ri21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing
looks like he is searching for alia
and i think he might fall for malvika
soni595 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ri21

thanks for sharing

looks like he is searching for alia
and i think he might fall for malvika

You think so? The way Kushal described his character though made it seem like he adheres very much to his military training and so in that sense I feel like Malvika and his character would be too similar rules/perfection/rigidity but let's see! Not even sure if his character is a cameo or will flit in and out like KD or main cast.
Ri21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: soni595

You think so? The way Kushal described his character though made it seem like he adheres very much to his military training and so in that sense I feel like Malvika and his character would be too similar rules/perfection/rigidity but let's see! Not even sure if his character is a cameo or will flit in and out like KD or main cast.

yea i agree cant say. if its a cameo just for an epi then no. and mr sinha is quite interested in malvika
but ya lets c what happens
soni595 thumbnail
@Ri21: yeah true! Mr. Sinha definitely seems interested at least in spending off-work time with Malvika - felt bad for him when she brushed him off the second time too! He could be a potential Malvika suitor..if they don't have anyone else paired up with her.
Ri21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: soni595

@Ri21: yeah true! Mr. Sinha definitely seems interested at least in spending off-work time with Malvika - felt bad for him when she brushed him off the second time too! He could be a potential Malvika suitor..if they don't have anyone else paired up with her.

yea.. agree,, there is an age diff but i dont mind if they are happy. actually i have mixed feelings sometimes i feel they might show malvika as a strong independnt woman only. not getting emotionly attached with someone anymore