Joseph Morgan talks on TVD and Klaroline

Klaroline.Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The Originals' Joseph Morgan on Klaus's 'Crazy and Irrational' Return and Why He's 'Proud' of the Show's Passionate Fandom

Fans are always dying to know whether there will be another Vampire Diaries/Originals crossover. There have already been two, but will there be another in the future?

There's always the possibility. The timelines still remain the same. At the end of the day, it's not up to me, but the one thing I would say is that all of the writers on both shows will do something like that only if it furthers the story. It wouldn't be, like, a holiday episode where Klaus takes a day off from fighting for his child to spend time with Enzo (Michael Malarkey) in Miami. But I'm sure they will do it again - why wouldn't we? We have the opportunity to bring the worlds together and expand on that whole world, so, yeah. 

Especially since we haven't seen Stefan (Paul Wesley) there yet, and he and Klaus were tight back in the day, and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) kind of took over Stefan's role as we knew it when we first met Klaus in The Vampire Diaries.

I know! That would be great, wouldn't it? Now that you mention it, I think I was pitching to Julie [Plec, creator of TVD and The Originals] at a party a while back that Damon (Ian Somerhalder) should come for an episode, but, like, my whole pitch was, "Because it would be fun." Right? It will be really fun if Klaus is like, "I've brought in an old friend to deal with this certain thing," and, like, Damon Salvatore walks into the compound. 

But then, of course, you have to wonder why the Salvatore brothers want to help Klaus with anything in the first place.

Right, exactly! It would take some convincing, wouldn't it? So, again, the crossover would have to further the story. They would also need something [from Klaus]. 

So, as you know, despite the fact that Caroline (Candice Accola) and Klaus have not interacted since season 5 of TVD, the "Klaroline" fandom is still booming and easily among the most vocal and passionate of the general TVD/Originals fan base. What do you make of that? And would you say Klaus still thinks of Caroline? I feel like they'd have a lot to talk about now that she has turned off her humanity.

I think he'd probably be able to offer her some advice, some good advice. Because you know, he was the one who got Stefan to turn off his humanity back in season 3 [of TVD]. He's an expert at putting walls up and shutting off his feelings. I think he'd definitely be able to help her. 

In terms of if he still thinks about her, I wouldn't be surprised. I think he knows ... there's a lot of stuff that Klaus doesn't vocalize. He keeps his cards pretty close to the chest, and a lot of that is because he doesn't trust anyone - really, truly trust them - with his feelings, and so a lot of things to do with his daughter and past romances, you know, I think he plays it pretty close and doesn't reveal ... so, yeah, I mean, I don't know. 

The truth is, whatever happens with those characters - if, indeed anything does ever happen - it's sort of beyond my control, but I know it's in good hands with the writers, and I trust them to take the characters wherever they need to be and to further the story best. 

The one thing that I am really proud of is ... however the fans feel - especially the fans of that ship, of Caroline and Klaus - however they feel about how everything has gone so far, they're incredibly passionate about the characters and they're constantly opinionated about what's happening and what should and shouldn't happen, and I feel like that's good. Then we're doing our jobs, you know? People are talking about the show and about these characters and have really strong opinions about them. 

All of the different fans of the show have different opinions about what people should be doing and who people should be with and who people should be fighting and all of that stuff, and as long as that reaction continues, then I feel like we're doing our jobs. So that makes me really proud. 

The Originals airs Mondays (8 p.m. ET) on The CW. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zohasad2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This guy...the character he plays...so UH-MAZING!!!
Klaus will always be Klaus...I so want a crossover...it'd be so much fun...and what he said about Damon walking in...I'm so excited for this...I so hope Julie thinks of something like this and comes up with it soon.
Echo.of.Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
We Klauroline shippers are a little stubborn...we will never let go of our ship
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
klaus will always be the best tvd villain right there wid kat!
gosh i miss him sometimes but then he is awesome so he deserves his own show