Palash Sen is Guru Cool of Fame X

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Palash Sen is Guru Cool
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   October 14, 2006

Palash Sen Ila Arun
Judges Javed Akhtar, Shankar Mahadevan, Kay Kay and headmistress Ila Arun have not been included in the second coming of Fame Gurukul.

Rechristened Fame X, the show will now air on SAB instead of Sony, as reported in  'Fame Gurukul bana Fame X' (HiTLIST, September 12).

'X' factor

Slated to air November-end, SAB has now pencilled in Palash Sen (of Euphoria) as the new dean of Fame Academy. The decision to rope in Sen, is due to to make the show more youth-centric.

Says Palash, "I did catch up on Fame Gurukul last year. At the moment, my main aim is to select 14 accomplished contestants from diverse backgrounds. This is what will set them apart. I hope to get the right people with that X factor in the Academy."

Sen, who was earlier a judge with Channel [V] Popstars, will be an integral part of the auditions throughout the country. "I will be present at every centre to find those who have that X factor," he adds.

When asked about her exclusion from Fame, Ila Arun says, "I know that Fame Gurukul is coming back as Fame X. And none of us, Javed, Shankar, Kay Kay are on again. We have not been approached for the new format."

Ethos goes for toss

Arun feels that by modifying the concept of Fame they are forgetting the Indian ethos. "I guess they want people to sing Elton John now. They forget that the participants even last year were all young people. The contestants are always youngsters in such music-based reality shows. So anyway it is youth-centric."

In its new format, Fame X (as the name suggests) is being given a mod look with lots of emphasis not only the singing talent but also on the X factor. The X factor will be measured as overall appeal in terms of attitude, style of performance and behaviour. Also, instead of last year's winning Fame Jodi (Qazi Touqeer and Ruprekha Banerjee), there will only be one winner in the finale.

SAB has also changed the production house of Fame. Last year it was Miditech, this time around it is Endemol, who has the rights to the Spanish reality show called Operation Truinfo, on which Fame is based.

Mallika's bombshell

SAB is still in negotiations for the new panel of judges. The channel had approached Mallika Sherawat to be a judge, but it is learnt that the actress asked for a mind-boggling amount (Rs 2 crore).

The channel had also sounded out Himesh Reshammiya, but he is tied up with other commitments.

Last year's anchors, Manav Gohil and Mandira Bedi are also not a part of the show. Gohil is pre-occupied with Nach Baliye 2, while Bedi is doing the ICC cricket tournament on Max.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/october/145033.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kothra thumbnail
Great
looking fwd to watch FameX πŸ˜ƒ
qazi_luv thumbnail
omg they've changed the whole format and everything Its gunna b wayyyy different now....
nmhila thumbnail
OMG,malika sharawat is asking for 2caror.intresting ha
hi_ruby thumbnail
gr8 newz😊,really wa8in 2 watched FAME-XπŸ˜›
Xplicit_Desii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
grrr everythin is gonna be diff
and dat malika is askin for 2 crore
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
i tihnk mallaika is demanding 2 much she wud not b part of Famex thts wat i tihnk

Also plz use thank u buton 2 thanks 😊
Knicks420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yesss palash sen really rocks
euphoria rockssss πŸ‘

tfs
sensation87 thumbnail
yea palesh has got a nice voice πŸ˜›
koenigbobo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Manoj_Tina fan

Palash Sen is Guru Cool
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   October 14, 2006

Palash Sen Ila Arun
Judges Javed Akhtar, Shankar Mahadevan, Kay Kay and headmistress Ila Arun have not been included in the second coming of Fame Gurukul.

Rechristened Fame X, the show will now air on SAB instead of Sony, as reported in  'Fame Gurukul bana Fame X' (HiTLIST, September 12).

'X' factor

Slated to air November-end, SAB has now pencilled in Palash Sen (of Euphoria) as the new dean of Fame Academy. The decision to rope in Sen, is due to to make the show more youth-centric.

Says Palash, "I did catch up on Fame Gurukul last year. At the moment, my main aim is to select 14 accomplished contestants from diverse backgrounds. This is what will set them apart. I hope to get the right people with that X factor in the Academy."

Sen, who was earlier a judge with Channel [V] Popstars, will be an integral part of the auditions throughout the country. "I will be present at every centre to find those who have that X factor," he adds.

When asked about her exclusion from Fame, Ila Arun says, "I know that Fame Gurukul is coming back as Fame X. And none of us, Javed, Shankar, Kay Kay are on again. We have not been approached for the new format."

Ethos goes for toss

Arun feels that by modifying the concept of Fame they are forgetting the Indian ethos. "I guess they want people to sing Elton John now. They forget that the participants even last year were all young people. The contestants are always youngsters in such music-based reality shows. So anyway it is youth-centric."

In its new format, Fame X (as the name suggests) is being given a mod look with lots of emphasis not only the singing talent but also on the X factor. The X factor will be measured as overall appeal in terms of attitude, style of performance and behaviour. Also, instead of last year's winning Fame Jodi (Qazi Touqeer and Ruprekha Banerjee), there will only be one winner in the finale.

SAB has also changed the production house of Fame. Last year it was Miditech, this time around it is Endemol, who has the rights to the Spanish reality show called Operation Truinfo, on which Fame is based.

Mallika's bombshell

SAB is still in negotiations for the new panel of judges. The channel had approached Mallika Sherawat to be a judge, but it is learnt that the actress asked for a mind-boggling amount (Rs 2 crore).

The channel had also sounded out Himesh Reshammiya, but he is tied up with other commitments.

Last year's anchors, Manav Gohil and Mandira Bedi are also not a part of the show. Gohil is pre-occupied with Nach Baliye 2, while Bedi is doing the ICC cricket tournament on Max.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/october/145033.htm

nice arti buddy !! ima watch next show