Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Here's Why Sushant Singh Rajput Agreed to Star in Muralikant Pethkar's Biopic

February 29, 2016 Roktim Rajpal1409 reads0 comments

As we all know, Sushant Singh Rajput will soon be seen in the much-hyped MS Dhoni: The Untold Story  which revolves around cricketer MS Dhoni's rise to stardom.

Now, it seems that this not the only biopic the actor has in his kitty. According to reports, SSR has agreed to star in a film based on  Paralympic gold medalist Muralikant Pethkar's life. Titled Murali: The Unsung Hero, it will be presented by renowned filmmaker-actor Shekhar Kapur.

"I was amazed by his journey and immediately agreed that these stories need to be told. Petkar's journey is extra-ordinary and so compelling that it can change many lives by motivating people to accomplish the unthinkable. I am extremely excited to be associated with this project from its nascent stage." said Sushant.

Penned by Prashant Singh, it will go on the floors in 2017.

Interestingly, SSR will also be seen in the romantic-drama Raabta  opposite Kriti Sanon.

Minion23 thumbnail

NOW, SUSHANT GOES FOR GOLD

By Sanyukta Iyer, Mumbai Mirror | Mar 1, 2016, 03.33 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
Now, Sushant goes for gold
Murlikant Petkar
The actor features in another biopic, on Paralympic gold medallist Murlikant Petkar, to be penned by Prashant Singh and presented by Shekhar Kapur.

Neeraj Pandey's Sushant Singh starrer-Dhoni: The Untold Story is yet to hit theatres, but the actor has already signed up for another biopic. Mirror has learnt that the Kai Po Che! star has started working on a film that will chronicle the life of athlete Murlikant Petkar, who won a gold at the Commonwealth Games in 1970 and the Paralympics in Germany in 1972. The army man-turned-sportsman went on to set a world record in the 50m freestyle swimming and, at the same games, participated in javelin, precision javelin throw and slalom. He was a finalist in all three events. 

Tentatively titled Murli - The Unsung Hero, the Prashant Singh scripted-biopic is slated to roll by mid 2017. Recalling how the project fell into place, the film journalist-turned-script writer revealed that a chance encounter with the actor set the ball rolling. "It was amazing to have Sushant come on board immediately," Prashant says, adding that even Petkar was delighted about having Sushant fill his shoes, when he was informed about thee casting. "Even though other actors and filmmakers were keen to acquire the rights to Murli sir's journey, he zeroed in on Sushant since he confessed to being a fan of the actor," reminisced Prashant. "Murli sir has lived an unbelievable journey. If someone had written this as a fictional story, the writer would've definitely been laughed at," Prashant smiles. 

Sushant, who will be training in swimming, boxing and other combat sports as part of his prep, is equally excited. "I was amazed by his journey and immediately agreed that these stories need to be told. Petkar's journey is extra-ordinary and so compelling that it can change many lives by motivating people to accomplish the unthinkable. I am extremely excited to be associated with this project from its nascent stage," says the actor. 

When contacted, Murli told Mirror, "It is an honour that a famous star like Sushant has shown interest in portraying me on screen. Till date, many people met me with lots of promises but nothing came of it." 

Petkar himself admits to have lived a an enthralling life. At 12, he ran away from home and survived a violent mob who wanted to lynch him. He learnt life skills by hanging out with a few men from the Indian army, before he became a fierce boxing champion for the army and mercilessly beating six opponents in Tokyo. 

"The film will touch upon incidents in his life that range from his road trip to Kashmir to being shot by seven bullets in the 1965 war against Pakistan. In fact, a bullet is still in his spine! Left a paraplegic, young Petkar tried to commit suicide, but survived that too and finally won the Paralympic gold," Prashant informs. 

In 201
RBAA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sushant S Rajput @itsSSR 23h23 hours ago

"Climate change is REAL.Let's not take this planet for granted,I do not take this night for granted"-Leo '' #Oscars

RBAA thumbnail
"Make sure 4once &forever tht d color of our skin becomes as irrelevant as d length of our hair"-Alejandro' #Oscars

majoni03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Right choice

MS Dhoni's father recently told Sushant Singh Rajput that the actor was the best choice for the biopic on the cricketer

From page 01 Sushant Singh Rajput recently wrapped up shooting for his forthcoming film " a biopic on cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni. The film that is based on the life of India's World Cup-winning captain has been directed by Neeraj Pandey.

Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Recently, when Dhoni's father, Pan Singh, met the actor, the former felt that Sushant was the perfect choice for the role. An insider reveals, "Sushant visited Ranchi (Jharkhand) and met Dhoni's father. The two had a long conversation; they spoke at length about Dhoni and his life. At that time, Sushant showed him lots of videos about the kind of preparation he had done to play the role of the cricketer."

It seems that Dhoni's father was very happy with all the research Sushant had done. The insider adds, "Dhoni's father was impressed with his honesty, and the hard work that he is willing to put into the project. He was convinced that Sushant is the best actor for the role."

When contacted, Sushant says, "It gives me a different high when I get such compliments from people. It (the film) is a big responsibility for me, and if people who know Dhoni feel this way, then it is the biggest compliment I can receive."

RBAA thumbnail
Sushant S Rajput @itsSSR 6h6 hours ago

On 5th of March,7pm, please watch a student proudly dancing on his guru's choreography..!! @Shiamakofficial @ZeeTV

Minion23 thumbnail

SUSHANT TO 

TURN PRODUCER WITH MURLI?

Share on Facebook:Sushant to turn producer with Murli?Share on Twitter:Sushant to turn producer with Murli?Share on google plus:Sushant to turn producer with Murli?Make Favourite:Share on google plus:Sushant to turn producer with Murli?
Views 274

By Team Biscoot | Mar 2,2016,05:54 PM IST

Will Sushant Singh Rajput turn producer with 'Murli-The Unsung Hero'? The buzz is that the actor may produce the biopic of Murlikant Petkar in which he is playing the title role. A source said, "Sushant has been wanting to turn producer from the time he joined the industry and this film could be the first one."

Meanwhile, the biopic is about Murlikant Petkar who won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in 1970 and the Paralymics in Germany in 1972. Shekhar Kapur who plans to make 'Paani' with Sushant tweeted, "What a great movie this is going to be and what better actor than Sushant." It must be noted that Sushant was signed by Kapur to play the lead role in 'Paani' and chances are that the maverick filmmaker might get associated in some way with this film too.

Minion23 thumbnail
Sushant at screening of #Zubaan Starts at 2:59
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZbGpY5qS0E[/YOUTUBE]
Minion23 thumbnail

am who I am because of all the women in my life: Sushant Singh Rajput

UPALA KBR | Fri, 4 Mar 2016-07:10am , Mumbai , dna

Sushant Singh Rajput believes we should stop calling March 8 as Women's Day until we regard them as superior to men

Fitness is when you perform at your best, physically and mentally. And I feel they are inter-related. You need a strong, disciplined mind to stick to regular, intense, physical workout and you need all your organs to work properly and health for mental workouts.

Fit to order

I try and accommodate different thingsto be 100 per cent fit according to the character that I am suppose to play next. Like right now as I prepare for my upcoming film, it's a mix of weapon training, swimming, horse riding and gym. I need to be sure about how my director wants me to look in the film, look at the skills I need to cultivate and then balance it with proper strict diet.

Art and science together

One of the many necessary things that an actor should do to be convincing as the part is to change his physique according to the role he plays. But while you do many things as an actor " lose and gain weight, change the rhythm and body language " one thing should be constant and that is, you should always be fit. Do you have to change the workout and balance it with the right diet to achieve? Believe me, it's art and science together. And you have to be internally motivated for it.

Doing it right

The three fitness essentials I follow are: Eat healthy, exercise regularly and sleep well. Respect your body and don't take it for granted. My workouts are mostly a combination of different workouts, mixed martial arts, weights and cardio.

Women are superior'

First of all, stop calling it Women's Day. I actually believe it stems from the idea that we as a society believe that women are the weaker gender and need empowerment. I am who I am because of all the women in my life and I believe that in no way, they are any less but much more superior in many things, the day we cultivate this mindset, we should name it Women's Day.

Innovative initiative

I haven't run a marathon till now. I still have to develop that level of patience and focus in order to try it with full honesty. Fitness is extremely important for women and for everybody, I guess. Of course, I have heard about dna Women's Half Marathon and it's extremely innovative and required. I truly believe the world will say iCan when you can.

"As told to Upala KBR

Register by visiting www.dnaican.com or call us (02239801494) or write in to us at [email protected]

Edited by Minion23 - 8 years ago