Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

Pallavi Kulkarni  INTERVIEW  : On seventh heaven

By Ashish Mitra
Pallavi Kulkarni who plays the title role in Vaidehi is over the moon as she is doing a serial after Kehta Hai Dil that enjoyed a successful run and brought her into the limelight. Screen talks to the husky-voiced actress...
After Kehta Hai Dil there has been a considerable gap.
Yes! But don't think that serials weren't coming my way. In fact, I took a delibrate gap. This is the time I went out with my family and had a refreshing break. After that I started looking at good offers that would serve me good both professionally and financially. Even while doing Kehta Hai Dil I did not want to overwork and burn myself. I was only doing that one serial as it kept me occupied for 15 days a month. The rest of the days, I did ads, read a lot and spent quality time with my family and friends. What happened after you decided to return?
While I was waiting for good offers, I was approached by Aroona Irani's production house. After a few sittings and photo shoots I was chosen to play the title role. But all said and done the sailing was smooth. Tell us about your role in Vaidehi?
Vaidehi-Ek Aur Agni Pareeksha is the story of a 21-year-old young, spirited girl, Vaidehi, who comes from a middle-class family. This girl had small dreams of a loving husband, a supportive family and a small house to call her own. One day, out of the blue, in a true fairy tale-like fashion, Vaidehi's parents' receive a marriage proposal for their daughter from one of the richest families in the country-the Jaisinghs. Her family cannot believe their luck. Imagine the richest family asking for the hand of their daughter for their handsome son Aryavardhan. For everyone who gets to know about the alliance it is going to be a fairy tale wedding, but Vaidehi is apprehensive. She wonders why Aryavardhan, who could get any rich and affluent girl in the country, must ask for her hand. Her family and friends tell her that she is the chosen one and she must just happily get in to this marriage. But Vaidehi is still not convinced. How can she ever adjust to this environment? However once she sees Aryavardhan he sweeps her off her feet. She goes through the fairy tale wedding. With stars in her eyes and dreams in her heart she enters the corridors of Jaisingh mansion, where away from her knowledge lies a dark secret. On her wedding night she realizes that the wedding was a farce. It was not in any way a fairy tale ending-but the beginning of a nightmare. She finds herself trapped in this marriage. Vaidehi's life comes to a standstill. She has to go through the ultimate test - the Agnipareeksha! How many episodes have you shot so far?
We have shot just five episodes. Since it is a weekly, it does not matter much. But we are all working hard.

You had done some serials prior to Kehta Hai Dil?
Yes I did Aaaj Bhi Ateet, Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat after which I did Kehta Hai Dil.The first three actually didn't serve my purpose but Kehta Hai Dil made me famous.

Edited by Angad luver#1 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
i think i have read ds already but thx dear!
nandipandi15 thumbnail
posted before but thanks buddy 😊
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

oops....sorry i didn't know!

bsmartguy thumbnail
ya this article seems to b old
arjun4u thumbnail