Indian fried foods or snacks than be baked in oven

cutiesum thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi everyone, can someone tell me which of the Indian foods (which we tradionally fry) can be baked or cooked in a microwave owen to make them more healthy and less fatty. Thanks!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

No2Pencil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Have you tried making puff pastry samosa ?  I make them all the time since i started living alone     -_- sigh! I don't even boil my potatoes. I just make a slit in potatoes and pop them in Microwave or like 4 to 6 minutes. And put them on skillet or further cooking and then i add all masalas n stuff with peas and mash them up. Put that stuffing in Pastry puff and bake it in oven till they become golden brown.  isn't that easy ? ðŸ˜³
cutiesum thumbnail

Originally posted by: No2Pencil

Have you tried making puff pastry samosa ?  I make them all the time since i started living alone     -_- sigh! I don't even boil my potatoes. I just make a slit in potatoes and pop them in Microwave or like 4 to 6 minutes. And put them on skillet or further cooking and then i add all masalas n stuff with peas and mash them up. Put that stuffing in Pastry puff and bake it in oven till they become golden brown.  isn't that easy ? ðŸ˜³

I haven't tried it yet, but will definitely give it a try, it seems good. Thanks!
somyasen thumbnail

You may try different types of Indian recipes in oven, however my favorite is fried fish recipe. Whenever I prepare this recipe with stove, then its smell is problem for family and neighbor also. So, I tried in oven and the taste is exactly same as the stove fried fish.

You need to just take all the ingredients, make a fine paste, marinate the fish with the paste and keep it in refrigerator for few minutes. Now take a baked pan, pour oil in it and put marinated fish in the pan. Now place the pan in preheated oven for 30mintes but keep checking the fish and turn the side. Now your delicious baked fish is ready to eat.