Rise.From.Ashes thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Sreejita De upset over losing TV show to Sukirti Kandpal

Tanvi Trivedi,TNN | Mar 14, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

READ MORE Sukirti Kandpal|Sreejita De|Anuja Chauhan
Sreejita De upset over losing TV show to Sukirti Kandpal
Sukriti (L), Sreejita

TV actress Sukirti Kandpal, who is playing the lead in an upcoming show 'Dilli Walli Thakur Girls', definitely has luck on her side. 

Inspired from author Anuja Chauhan's book, the show had originally chosen Sukirti to play the lead, last August. Just when she geared up for the role, she got selected to participate in the last season of 'Bigg Boss'. The makers were left with no other option, but to look for another lead actor.

They shot some portions of the show with Sreejita De, who was last seen in 'Uttaran'. Says a source, "Something did not seem to click while shooting with Sreejita, they still had Sukirti in mind as she suited the role."

Meanwhile, Sukirti got eliminated from 'Bigg Boss' and was again roped in to play the lead character, resulting in Sreejita's exit from the show. Sukirti said, "I relate to the character very well, especially since the story is based in Delhi. I am very happy that the makers decided to take me back."

Sreejita admits being disappointed over the turn of events. "It was upsetting as they announced their decision about replacing me after I shot 10 days for them. Also, I was a part of 'Uttaran' and I quit that show before it got over, so that I could accommodate the dates. I gave up 'Uttaran' that I was part of for three years, for them. But anyways, whatever happens, happens for the best.
"
Edited by Rise.From.Ashes - 9 years ago