The Rare Gem- ONE Part-L uploaded

D_mi_cheeky_me. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Will she ever be more than a plaything?

Nandini Moorthy had one passion-photography. Until she met the generous, intoxicating mysterious Manik Malhotra. He'd apparently given his heart to Alya but was giving a miracle to Nandini: the chance of a lifetime- her own career. Nandini was torn- ecstatic, eager to prove her talent, yet frustrated and confused by the allure of dashing Manik. How could she loose herself to the demanding world of photography  when all she thought of winning Manik's heart? She knew well the commandment "Thou shall not steal"- but aboard his sloop, on shimmering San Francisco Bay, her lips yearn to break all the rules..

Guys want 2 start 1 more new story.. jst say should I continue or not? Do giv likes nd comments...

THE RARE GEM..

Page no is given in brackets after the declaration of parts..

ONE Part- A(02), B(03), C(04), D(05), E(06), F(07), G(09), H(09), I(10), J(11), K(12), L(13), M(), N(), O(), P(), Q(), R(), S(), T(), U(),V()

TWO Part-

THREE Part-

FOUR Part-

FIVE Part-

SIX Part-

SEVEN Part-

EIGHT Part-

NINE Part-

TEN Part-

Edited by D_mi_cheeky_me. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

piyu008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
plz write dear..i would love to read it😃
manan58 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ohh pls
Continue.. Interestin😃
MaNanmatic_Sana thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
No I don't want to read... I wish I could watch...
but i should be happy with reading
sweetniks thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
do write dear ...looks like a good one...do continue:-) :-) :-) 
Natashaaaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
continue soon
hey wat about ur story Dusk???continue or not???
navk thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 5
Interesting 
Plz contii soon 
Nandinimurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
it sounds interesting plz continue 
D_mi_cheeky_me. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Guys the chapters are quite long so I divided them in Parts Hope u all will enjoy it.

One

Part-A

It was hard into San Francisco's tourist season, which never actually died, only abated somewhat and cars , grabbing every empty foot of parking space like greedy squatters, choked the sloping streets near Fisherman's Wharf. Nandini Moorthy had to park her car several blocks away, but she didn't mind for she enjoyed the stroll toward the wharf, viewing the choppy blue of San Francisco Bay beyond the tall building that had once housed the famous Ghirardelli chocolate factory. These days it housed a number of shops and restaurants, and Nandini was headed for her best friend's craft shop. She was in need of a shoulder to cry on, and Navya's ample one would do nicely.

After climbing to the plaza in Ghirardelli Square where she'd find her friend's business, Nandini passed under the sign she'd painted for her which read: NAVYA'S SHOP: THE PLACE TO BE CRAFTY. Entering the high-ceilinged room through one of its two doors, she noted it as well filled with customers. The two friends spotted each other at the same time, their faces lighting up with their customary smiles of pleasure. As usual, the tall, slim woman, who was one year older than Nandini's twenty-four, was dressed in a colorful caftan, her long dark brown hair drawn away from her pleasing, round-cheeked face by a fat braid that hung halfway down her back. Nandini was well aware that her own looks were in stark contrast to her brown hair  friend's. She was short and quite bulky and her mane of black hair tumbled over her shoulders without restraint.

Navya was busy at the moment with a customer, but Nandini knew enough to make her at home. She threaded her way through the half dozen shoppers to the back and pushed through the privacy curtains into Navya's stockroom. The curtains served the dividing line between chaos and order. Outside, in the showroom, the apparent disarray was actually organized clutters; every item, from the smallest clay pot to the giant stuffed animals hanging from the ceiling- all works of local artists, Nandini included- had its assigned niche. But upon entering Navya's private domain, a barrage of sighs assaulted the eyes. No order here! Nandini grimaced as she picked her way through boxes and general debris to a small space where two beat-up chairs were drawn up next to an equally pathetic table. Upon that relic was a shiny new coffee maker; only coffee was never made in it. Navya used it to heat water for her continual consumption of herbal tea.

As if on cue, the slim woman bustled through the curtains. "Nandini, you look mad as heck! What's the matter? Harshad give you trouble again? I knew something was wrong the minute you came in the place. What you need is a cup of chamomile tea to calm you down."

"You could say I did have a bad day." Nandini stated dryly. "And yes, I'll take that tea, but I doubt it'll help."

As Nandini plopped herself down on one chair, Navya fussed with the tea things, leveling an assessing look at her.

"So? Give."

"I just quit my job." Nandini sighed, sounding as tired as she felt.  

Edited by D_mi_cheeky_me. - 9 years ago
PrettyAaShuu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Such a Interesting Start...
Please Continue Soon...